Obama To Cut Healthcare Benefits For Active Duty And Retired Us Military

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Consmike, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

There is nothing that talks about that at all. stop your (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)ing.

2. expatriate

expatriate Banned

are you saying that TRICARE has NOT gone 17 years without a premium hike? yes or no?

3. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

What I would agree with is that this is a furthering of the lie that the government would pay ALL health care costs for career military, that the new increases in cost are a further breaking of a contract, that one cannot rely on government to do anything it has promised, and that the trivial increase is only the start of cost increases. Once they break through the barrier, costs to retirees will rapidly become egregious. I would also agree that this is limited to the military because the military is not a big democrat base and does not contribute a lot of money to democrats so they are expendable.

That is what I would agree with.

4. JIMV

Have you bothered to look up what this 'tiny little bit' will become at the end of 5 years...Is an increase of almost 300% 'tiny'?

Perhaps in your world but I suspect you are not an enlisted retiree...In fact, I suspect a far more senior fellow.

In addition, I next expect the government to try to reduce the pension in some manner by what folk also earned and paid for in social security...I expect to hear squeals of 'double dipping' from the envious left...

Mark my words.

5. JIMV

Because 17 years ago the government broke its contract with retirees and changed 'free health care for life' into a fee and copay scheme.

It is like saying 'it is time to rob juniors piggy bank again because we have not been to that well in a long time so it must be fat'...It forgets the entire premise, raiding juniors piggy bank, is immoral and a broken promise made when junior began to save.

6. birddog

birddog New Member

I believe the Veterans Organizations will do their part to get Obama defeated. As a Division Officer in The American Legion, I get calls from retired people that are democrats who are voting against Obama. I recently had a chat with Fang Wong, our National Commander, and he said the total emphasis will be on governmental spending for Defense and Veterans.

7. mrmeangenes

mrmeangenes New Member Past Donor

Gee ! The Legion protesting a Democrat ? What a novel idea !!:disbelief: