American Muslims Stone Christians in Dearborn, MI

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DonGlock26, Jun 27, 2012.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

[​IMG]

_

2. DonGlock26

They've never seriously tried to answer it here at PF. That tells you something.

_

3. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, I'm sure you feel the same way when Mexican illegals are burning the American flag and hoisting the Mexican flag screaming, "down with America, give us back our land". Any retaliatory effort from pissed off Americans would be considered racist and hateful. More of the Obama divide at it's best, we are (*)(*)(*)(*)ed for sure.

4. Alwayssa

Alwayssa Well-Known Member

There is a difference between explaining one's actions and condoning it. Your mistake is that you believe I condone such actions. I do not.

Your other mistake is that you are only looking at methods for your determination. You excuse the Christians simply because of the right to free speech while holding a different set of standards to Muslims. You then exacerbate your hypocritical standard when you make generalizations about groups you disagree with. What you say about low expectations is more to you specificly than with any group you can think of.

Finally, yes we do live in a civil society. As a civil society, that means the responsibility for not stating such words or actions to cause provocation. Muslims, Christians, and Jews have a lot in common, but we also have a lot of differneces. And yes, Muslims can and do act more like Christians sicn we all share the same religous history, but we are just on different paths. And what I believe is what I believe and what a Muslim believes is what they believe. No one is more right or wrong in their religious belief and that is part of a civil society. And as a civil society, those that spew words that cause provocation should be held equally responsible for those that reacted to such a provocation. No less, no more.

5. Alwayssa

Oh, I don't know. They can make excellent lawyers, doctors, business men and women, chefs, cooks, teachers, and a whole host of other jobs. They have a unique sense of family. And

This same fear has been used before for groups like Chinese, Japanese, Sikhs, and other immigrant groups. Oh heck, even the Irish were not immune and are still not in some ways.

6. hopeless_in_2012

hopeless_in_2012 New Member

Video #1 was protesting someone being kicked off the church property for kissing.
    Video #2 was out of line and borderline criminal. These protesters were spreading hate and being bigoted towards the church members
    Video #3 was a protest by gay and straight people over the prop 8 vote.

I hope that you understand the difference between bigotry and protesting an action or stance. A bigot spreads hate for a group of people based solely on them belonging to that group. Video #2 was bigoted because they went after the entire church and were hateful toward them just because of who they were. Video #1 shows no signs of hatred, just a protest proclaiming equal rights, peace, and love and they were protesting what they seen as an unfair event that had happened. If the people in video #2 were protesting the Mormon church and its followers for just being Mormon I would see that as bigoted. Video #3 was a criminal assault that was provoked by the victim by invading their protest, not to say she deserved it but she should have known that she was going to provoke a confrontation. Still nothing bigoted about it.
    The OP is about a group of people provoking and spreading hatred about a group of people celebrating their heritage. These people were targeted just because of who their ancestors were, many of the festival goers were probably American born citizens, this is bigotry and hatred. If you cannot see the difference then the conversation is hopeless.

7. DonGlock26

Occupation does not equal assimilation. Please make a note of it.

_

8. Alwayssa

Ah, the presumptive white guilt presented by conserviatives who areying their darndest to expunge their own guilt of just living.

9. Alwayssa

Occupations help people assimilate. But true assimilation occurs at the second and third generations, not the first.

10. DonGlock26

I'm glad that you can admit that homosexuals can be bigots.

Their speech doesn't matter. They have a right to protest. The Muslims crossed the line. You seem to be having a hard time admitting this.

_

11. DonGlock26

Really? Is it working in France? Sweden?

Then why are second and third generation Muslims bombing London, supporting fundamentalist Imams, and committing jihad?

_

12. Alwayssa

I thought we were talking about Dearborn, MI, USA or the Unites States itself, but to answer your question: different countries, different viewpoints on assimilation just as Europe and the US have different viewpoints on how to define monopolies.

And when it comes to the United States, yes, 2nd and third generations do assimilate. Our culture changes every 75 years or so. And as such, and because of assimilation, that has been and shall continue to be our strength.

13. hopeless_in_2012

You seem to make assumptions and generalizations as usual. Here is the first sentence of my previous post on this thread "They are definitely wrong for throwing stones at them." Would you like that worded differently? They did cross the line, but the Christians were still being complete and utter bigots. Free speech is one of our greatest rights and should be protected. If a group of Muslims were to break out picket signs in the middle of your local Catholic festival and telling the Christians they were going to burn in hell, I think you would have a different stance on this. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong

14. DonGlock26

What is going to make Muslims more likely to assimilate here than the UK?

Is this a faith based conclusion?

Why does the US need Muslim immigration?

_

15. Alwayssa

No matter how you define a group, every group have their biggots. The problem is that you tend to make generalizations about whole groups based on a few within that group. For example, should one apply that any white person who is ex military thinks and acts like timothy McVeigh?

16. hopeless_in_2012

Why not? They make up roughly 25% of the worlds population. Is it their religion that bothers you or does this only apply to middle eastern Muslims? Are we not a country that advocates for religious freedom? Why should we let in Catholics or Jews?

17. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

Reconquista tactics are very convincing , you can also read about Russia's conquest of the east and how muslims stopped to be a problem.

18. DonGlock26

So, the Muslims were acting as criminals?

How so? What do you specifically find fault with?

My Christian festivals don't take over city blocks. They take place on private church property.

I think the Left would go nuts over a Christian festival taking over a city center. You would probably find your homosexual bigots there.

This brings up a good point. Where are the homosexual activists??? Why aren't they protesting against Islam? They often hang gays.

Yet, the gay activists are silent.

_

19. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Let me know if they do. I rarely watch TV news.

20. Alwayssa

Because, if the US starts denying people based on religion, race, or nationality, then we have lost our way in what this nation has stood for for more than 200 years. And although the United States is not perfect, and no nation is, that does not make the excuse to simply exclude based on thes parameters will actually mena the destruction of the United States, not the "rebirth" of it.

The Muslims are not more likely or less likely to assimilate. Both assimilate, but I only know how it works in the US. You need to ask a British citizen how Muslims assimilate in the UK.

Finally, no this is not faith based, just experience and education.

21. DonGlock26

This is progress. Many on the Left think that only the Right has bigots. You must believe that blacks can be bigoted racists too, right?

That mob was a lot more than a few. The problem is that you tend to minimize the actions of the Muslim mob. Why the instinctive reaction? I'm just curious.

_

22. DonGlock26

See, you couldn't answer it directly. You were only able to ask questions.

_

23. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

More proof that RWers have not done their homework with US Muslims
    http://blog.beliefnet.com/commonwor...tudy-american-muslims-pose-little-threat.html
    http://open.salon.com/blog/drhassaballa/2012/02/08/study_american_muslims_pose_little_threat

24. Alwayssa

Oh good god. Christmas and Easter in many cities and small towns do take over small blocks, whole streets, etc. What do you think La Posada is?

25. DonGlock26

You could not be more wrong. I believe that you have some progressive mythology issues. The Immigration act of 1965 opened the floodgates to non-European immigrants in any meaningful numbers.

Here, read this, and get back with me.

Three Decades of Mass Immigration

The Legacy of the 1965 Immigration Act

http://www.cis.org/articles/1995/back395.html

_