Romney wonders why windows don't open on planes

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cubed, Sep 24, 2012.

1. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

Are you f'n kidding me? You really think that Romney doesn't know why windows don't open while 30,000 ft in the sky? Wtf! Maybe he was talking about being on the ground? Get serious would you please....this is just so idiotic! The ME is in flames, we are 16 trillion in debt, 23million people do not have a job and we have a president who's sitting on a couch with whoopie! This is so pathetic....Obama supporters make me sick.

2. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

The point of this thrash is to distract from the failures of Obama, but we know that anyway, but no need to waste time in this trash thread....

3. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

It shows how dumb Romney is, and that he is not fit to be POTUS.

4. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

5. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

I don't buy that Mitt meant what these clowns are trying to portray. I believe that the issue wasn't a fire - or anything near one out of control - but smoke inhalation due to being in a restricted environment. He was lamenting that the plane had no ability to clear the air quickly of noxious smoke and fumes.

It would seem to me that the smoke wasn't a dire threat to the passengers - nor was a fire - because the oxygen masks would have deployed, and smoke inhalation wouldn't have been an issue anymore.

People making this into something it wasn't is just annoying.

6. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

What the (*)(*)(*)(*) do you mean? HE ACTUALLY (*)(*)(*)(*)ING SAID THIS. No one is twisting it or making it into anything other than what he actually (*)(*)(*)(*)ing said.

7. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

What the (*)(*)(*)(*) do you mean? HE ACTUALLY (*)(*)(*)(*)ING SAID THIS. No one is twisting it or making it into anything other than what he actually (*)(*)(*)(*)ing said.

8. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

9. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

10. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

Gee, adding oxygen to a fire is the best choice ever when in the air.

11. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

If you're on the ground there's these things called DOORS you can open and get OFF the plane.

12. <IF> Marius

<IF> Marius New Member

Whoops. Sorreeee.

These are Romney's direct in context words.

Seems like it's just the conservatives desperately trying to defend ignorance no matter the cost, as long as it's a fellow right winger.

13. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I am reaching the point where I can't wait to hear what Rominey will say next.. His commentary on Iran and Dirty bombs was just a riot.

14. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Don't worry, they are just "bumps in the road". LOL

15. Indymom

Indymom Well-Known Member

This needed to be said again.

16. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

Well if that's how it works and that's all it takes, then Obama "57 states and corPsman" and Biden "stand up even though you're in a wheel chair, Chuck" should resign immediately. :roll:

17. Iriemon

Iriemon Well-Known Member Past Donor

After 4 years of birther threads your side has a lot of catching up to do.

18. kk8

JUST STOP! This is ridiculous! Don't you see what the media is trying to do? IF YOU KNOW AND I KNOW WHY WINDOWS ON PLANES DON'T OPEN ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A MAN WITH TWO DEGREES AND WHO WAS A GOVERNOR OF A STATE DOESN'T KNOW???? These media idiots are just waiting with bated breath for Romney to say something....anything to detract the focus off of Obama's record. They are having a field day with this, and making themselves and everyone else that falls for this nonsense look like a raging lunatic.

DID MEDIA FAIL TO REPORT THAT ROMNEY WAS JOKING ABOUT WANTING AIRPLANE WINDOWS TO OPEN?

UPDATE (8:20 p.m.): William Everitt, vice president of Investment Real Estate Associates (IREA), told TheBlaze that he was at the Romney fundraiser in Beverly Hills on Saturday. He said Romney was absolutely joking when he said he doesn‘t know why airplane windows don’t open.

“Basically he was retelling the story and when he said ‘I don’t know why they don’t have roll down windows on airplanes,’ he looked at the audience and everyone laughed,” Everitt told TheBlaze. “It was a clearly delivered joke…There were 1,000 people there that will tell you the same thing.”

If what Everitt is saying is true, this could be an instance where a gullible media jumped at the opportunity to make Romney look stupid. An initial report by The Los Angeles Times did not indicate that the remarks were made jokingly, however, a later LA Times article mentions that the comments may have been a joke.

TheBlaze is working to get comments from additional fundraiser attendees as well as the Romney campaign. Check back later for more updates.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rom...irplane-windows-dont-open-its-a-real-problem/

19. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

The middle east is burning, and the left wants to know why Romney wants more oxygen in airplanes.

LMFAO

20. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Amazing! Don't let him near anything high-tech.

Fresh oxygen being poured into a fire situation will only cause it to burn faster and of course if they are still airborne, the decompression would have likely sucked anyone near the window out through it.

21. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

Yeah! But at least they would be away from the fire!! LOLS!

22. Cerpintaxt

Cerpintaxt New Member

So hilarious to watch cons try their best to defend this idjit! :) And you know they're just seething underneath it all, because they know Romney is running an inept campaign but they're not allowed to admit it yet

23. kk8

So funny to watch liberals on here try their best to avoid talking about their idiot president by posting idiotic threads about Romney. They are just seething underneath it all, because they know that if this continues they will be laughed right out of office come November (they want to stop, but they can't...they have nothing positive to go on with this president and they know it)....keep it up, people are waking up. Obama's done.

24. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

You know what...I don't care that he doesn't know it. I was only being semi-facetious about the science thing. How often will he have to put out a real fire as a president? Not often, if at all.

Not everyone is good at everything. I would imagine that a business or law major had little time for science classes and probably does not think about this stuff on a day to day basis.

I think this stuff is funny because partisans play this stupid gotcha game every day with the same dumb crap that is truly unimportant. Obama has a wad of bills, Romney doesn't know about oxygen and plane fires, Obama makes teleprompter gaffes, Mitt goes brown for Telemundo...

It's funny to see people who are trying to be "presidential" do and say stupid stuff because we all say and do stupid stuff. It humanizes them, and quite frankly, they need to be human.

I'm so tired of election season because all of you are so nasty with the gotchas. It's why I will never vote two party again because then I am tacitly condoning this type of ugliness.

25. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member