Republicans keep House majority, projected to gain 12 seats

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JP5, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

He will continue his narcissistic ways. He couldn't care less about Hillary. Or his party. He's all about 0bama.

2. Pregnar Kraps

Pregnar Kraps New Member Past Donor

How Right you are!

:D

:thumbsup:

3. Riot

Riot New Member

Oh I agree that both sides are bad. In fact I don't believe that the right will do a damn thing about the ACA. This was a gift to large insurance companies that wrote it for Obama to make them billions. This wasn't a bill for the sick and the poor but to make billions for billionaires. Insurance companies are still turning down cases. Still raising premiums. Still don't cover the most expensive medical treatments. The right like the left will do nothing about it because they left and right are in their back pockets. Obama is one of the biggest lobbyist lovers of all time.

4. Pregnar Kraps

Bingo!

:D

:thumbsup:

5. FoxHastings

FoxHastings Well-Known Member

LOL! And another one who can't tell me what the Republican plan is! :)

My post:

"""Quote Originally Posted by FoxHastings View Post

What did he do to the middle class?

What are Republican plans to help the middle class? I mean besides cut wages to "help" them ..???""""

And AGAIN the second question is ignored.......

- - - Updated - - -

So smart to vote for a party that you have no idea what their plans are...................

6. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

I believe it was Obama who said, "...if you don't want to work, you don't have to" ....sounds like he was saying everything would be free...
    Didn't he also say that every American would have insurance? That means those who cannot pay are going to get it for free..
    and the illegals were going to get it for free, until today......
    nope, that was the commies plan all along.
    Lordy I am so happy today....... :clapping:
    We're going to stop the insanity NOW.....hahahahahahahahaha

7. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

The following perfectly describes our nation under both republicans and democrats, for the past one hundred years.

Reduction of the strength of the dollar. Crumbling infrastructure. Trampling of our rights by militarized police. Destruction of free speech. Dismantling of collective bargaining. Increase in global military policing. Radicalized war on drugs. Drain on public monies by exceeding expenses. Outsourcing of service jobs to foreign nations for pennies on the hundred. Dismantling of our manufacturing base. Dismantling of our industries. Insider trading in Congress. Wars waged illegally. Wars waged exceedingly. Hundreds of thousands of folks living in the streets, even more living far below a poverty level. Overall incomes shrinking due to cost of living inflation, with no cost of living raises.

The list is ENDLESS.

We've seen sunlighted boulevards, paved roads and friendly neighbors replaced with cracked blacktop, crumbling cement and teetering buildings.

And yet, somehow, these two parties have remained in power. If I did this awfully at work, I'd be sh*tcanned and sent packing. But no, we have to sit here and listen to these gloats and lamentations, when the entire time, any astute observer can see, both parties are responsible for this mess, and no one holds them accountable.

8. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Those were metaphorical jobs relating to the loads of BS the democrats were shoveling on the American people.

9. FoxHastings

Politicians don't affect me? What! I live in the US.

IF you knew about the 300 to 400 bills proposed by Republicans to control women's innards you MIGHT not call it an extreme view.

10. stjames1_53

stjames1_53 Banned

maybe because your questions don't deserve an answer...

11. FoxHastings

You sure do have no respect for Americans.....

12. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because enslaving Americans to the State is the only way to respect Americans....

13. Dale Cooper

Dale Cooper Well-Known Member

What on earth are you howling about? If you want to know something, do your own research.

Jeez!

14. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

Sure I do, working Americans and families, you know....the people Democrats hate.

15. FoxHastings

:) Yup, asking Republicans what their plan is IS a silly question since they never can answer.....

I have not been beating any drum.

And I don't know what BoR ....so whatever it is, go ahead and end it.........

16. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

Both parties have done this for a century. It's hilarious that some folks are so blinded by partisanship to accept the reality.

17. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

Well the America hating left wing democrats have been rejected by the voters. Does that mean less Huffpo propaganda threads?

18. Riot

Riot New Member

The left is so blind to even see that on every issue obama stated he wasn't going to compromise.
    Please show me where Obama reached across the table with real effort?

19. Pregnar Kraps

Boy won't YOU be surprised when, as predicted by right wing pundits and political analysts and reported on these pages by multiple posters, multiple times, ACA has always been intended to be a Government run insurance plan.

And why is this so bad?

Because for all intents and purposes we will have the GOVERMENT knowing all of our vital infomation. From our medical records and histories to our personal finances, Obama or Bush or someone like them (CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED 'DEMON') and the worst part is that they would have DIRECT AND TOTAL control over our health care.

That means the Government would have control over US.

That's like your trusted family lawyer gaining power of attorney over all your affairs without your even intentionally giving him this power.

Instead, he gained this power by using the old car sales tactic called "Bait and Switch."

He dangled before your eyes something he knew would be irresistable helpful to make your life better and then after you did only the most superficial due diligence you signed up for it and became accustomed to that service and were unwilling and unlikely to reverse the arrangement the terms and conditions of that set up suddenly changed!

Surprise!

One day you'd wake up to discover the supposedly trusted family lawyer was actually a no good filthy, scheming LIAR!

He was now calling the shots and making decisions about your life and health which before had been yours and your decisions alone, in conference with your trusted professional advisors.

You will be at HIS mercy.

You will no longer be, as george Costanza put it, "King of your domain."

Your elected demon would be your sovereign and you his subject.

And that is what is in store for us if we don't get ACA repealled.

We agree with the idea of a new health care insurance plan.

Just not ACA.

It is a bait and switch you keep defending in spite of it being totally aginst your long term freedom.

20. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I do, but I rather doubt you want to hear it since it would involve reversing several of the many job-killing and economy-poisoning initiatives Obama has put forth, such as sinking money into green tech that ultimately bombed, and the terribad sinkhole known as ObamaCare. In any event, I was responding to your point that the GOP may push women into breeding pens, something I notice you did not respond to. I still have no idea whether it's poor hyperbole or if liberals really believe it, although you did have Cameron Diaz years ago saying "I mean, we could lose the right to our bodies. We could lo--if you think that rape should be legal, then don't vote." so I'm leaning towards the latter.

21. doombug

doombug Well-Known Member

LOL! The American voters have answered your questions. They prefer a party that has no plans vs the democrats....sad, just sad. That means America thinks democrats suck more than Republicans...hahaha!

22. Whaler17

Whaler17 Well-Known Member

It isn't the destruction of our nation, which is clearly the Democrat's platform.

23. FoxHastings

LOL! It's an election year, Republicans are crowing, and not one Republican can tell me what the Republican plan to save America is????
    With all the speeches and gloating it should be right out there, Repubs should be able to just roll it out....or did they vote without having a clue?

24. Aphotic

Aphotic Banned

Wrong. It's both parties platforms. Do your research. Can you deny the past centuries history? If you can seriously sit here and make these claims, it's clear the partisan divide has you in its death grip. It won't let you go until you wake up.

25. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

All of which begs the question, are the GOP ready to put into action their plan?

Of course, there is no plan.

Whilst the GOP took seats, are they going to repeal the Affordable Care Act? I doubt it. They do not have enough votes to override a veto. I certainly don't think they have the stones to tell folks eff you, you no longer have insurance. It was a great platitutde, and enough to convince the utterly foolish that it was a good idea, but in the real world it looks like a very, very long shot.

Start a movement to get a constitutional amendment barring same sex marriage? Maybe, but that that would be window dressing. It would never be ratified by 3/4's of the states.

Hold endless hearings hoping to get C-Span moments for future campaigns? I think that is more than likely.