Rubio’s eligibility

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by Flanders, Apr 16, 2012.

1. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

So Rubio isn't hiding anything because he hasn't released anything, but Obama is hiding something because he hasn't released anything.

Perfect Birther logic.

I imagine you feel that Romney isn't hiding anything since he hasn't released anything either, but feel Obama is hiding something since he has released more than Romney?

2. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

No- I would address my comments to the person who quotes Mathew Spalding- since Mathew Spalding isn't responsible for what you decide to post here.

Basically he argues that Wong Kim Ark is wrong, and that it didn't address children of illegal aliens. The courts have disagreed with his interpretation, and the Supreme Court has shown no inclination to step in- and they have had the opportunity to.

And yes, it would take an amendment to the Constitution to change the very clear interpretation of the 14th Amendment. Though I agree that if Congress were to pass a law trying to do an end run around the Amendment process, that would be a way to get the Supreme Court to rule once again what the 14th Amendment means. Considering the comments by Scalia, arguably the most strict constructionist on the court, I have no doubt that the current interpretation would hold up.

I have no idea what that means. The analysis that Wonk Kim Ark did concluded that "Natural Born Citizen' was derived from English Common law, and that anyone born in the U.S. is a Natural Born citizen- regardless of the father.

For anyone born within the United States, who the father is is immaterial- matter of fact, if the father is unknown, the child is still a citizen.

3. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

I did read it. It's incorrect.

EVERYONE on American soil, except those who specifically have diplomatic immunity, is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. That's what you're not getting. Courts have jurisdiction over illegal immigrants, tourists, visitors, students on visas, anyone except diplomats.
    The Supreme Court has already ruled on this issue, and determined that anyone born here is a natural born citizen regardless of the citizenship of their parents, period.

4. rahl

rahl Banned

5. Flanders

Flanders Well-Known Member

I see no reason to doubt Rubio’s word on this:

Romney campaigns with potential VP pick Rubio

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-campaigns-potential-vp-pick-rubio-155543646.html

First and foremost, senators are supposed to represent their states in Congress not influence US policy —— foreign or domestic.

More to the point, Romney could pick Jesus Christ as a running mate and I would not vote for him. Nevertheless, he would be a fool to pick Rubio. Romney knows he is not going to get people like me not that he cares, but if he picks Rubio in spite of the eligibility question he will lose those conservatives who are willing to hold their noses and vote for him and a vice president who is unquestionably eligible.

I think Romney is considering gambling on Rubio in the hope he will bring in enough Hispanic votes to offset the loss of conservatives. To me that is not a smart bet. In business and in politics ten positives do not negate one negative.

Also, starting a career by going back on your word is not a good way for Rubio to advance his career in the years ahead.

6. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I think Rubio is positioning himself to be able to run in 2016 as President. That is the point of his announcing his immigration policy suggestions.

No real conservatives doubt he is eligible.

7. Flanders

To SFJEFF: For your absurd prediction to be true:

1. Rubio has to believe he can unseat incumbent Romney in 2016.

2. Rubio believes Hussein is going to win reelection.

3. The eligibility question will be resolved in his favor before 2016.

8. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I think that Rubio would rather be a Presidential candidate in 2016 than a VP candidate in 2012. And like most of the smart Republican hopefuls is staying out of a term that will likely be an economic mess also.

What eligibility question? Everyone knows Rubio is eligible.

9. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Hahahhha there is NO eligibility question..

10. Flanders

To SFJEFF: That’s a stretch, but I’ll you credit for a save.

To SFJEFF: Were that true the vice president sweepstakes would be over.

Assuming Romney has already settled on Rubio he, Romney, is playing with fire if he is stringing the other wannabes along.

11. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I don't think Rubio is particularly interested. Being a smart man, the odds of going from Senator to VP to President is very low. Most VP's do not get elected President. Rubio has a much better chance if he is elected governor first- or runs as a Presidential candidate himself in 2016.

And Romney, like all of us, know Rubio is eligible. Its a non-issue for everyone who grew up here in the U.S. and learned our civics.

12. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

By the way, Flanders, where were Mitt Romney and Marcio Rubio born?

And how do you know?

:crazy:

Sadanie and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

LOLOLOLOL:whisper:

14. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Don't confuse him with consistancy!

15. rahl

rahl Banned

there is no eligibility question.

16. rahl

rahl Banned

there is no eligibility question.

17. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

Rubio's father would not be eligible, obviously, but Ribio, having been born in the US is eligible, even if neither of his parents were citizens at the time of his birth, even if they had never become naturalized.

And obviously obama is also a natural born citizen, having been born in the US and having a mother who was also a natural born citizen.

All the organic fertilizers from brainwashed birthers will not change that, no maater what other conspiration theory they try next!

18. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

Let's not forget, Flanders is one of the birthers who, a few months ago, insisted that they would demand proof of eligibility from the GOP nominee. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for their Romney birth certificate threads.

19. Flanders

20. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

21. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Rubio is eligible. Dumb as a box of balsa wood sledge hammers, but eligible. The premise is FOTL twaddle.

22. Flanders

To leftysergeant: No he is not.

Enlightening you on Rubio’s lack of eligibility is not the reason I am replying.

To leftysergeant: Rubio is far from stupid. He is smart enough to get the New World Order crowd and the media behind him.

If you want a reason to put him down read his speech to the Brookings Institute. Note that Strobe Talbot is president of the Brookings Institute. He is known for a 1992 Time Magazine article:

Rubio even praised Joe Lieberman who is surely one of the slimiest, partisan, liberals to ever “serve” in the senate. Happily, he is retiring. It seems that the only ways to get UN-loving liberals out of the senate is when they retire or get promoted to higher office à law Hussein, Biden, and Clinton. Conservatives should not do the same thing for Rubio.

NOTE: My disenchantment with Rubio began last September. See this thread:

http://www.politicalforum.com/elections-campaigns/208106-bloom-off-rubio-s-rose.html

Based on Rubio’s worldview conservatives and all Americans should run for the hills if Romney picks Rubio for vice president. Senators are there to represent their states not influence foreign policy. Senators get to vote on confirming or not confirming a president’s nominees. They also vote for or against a piece of legislation. Rubio’s foreign policy pronouncements are aimed at showing the very influential global government crowd he is on their side.

Not only is Rubio an ideal choice for the global government crowd he is a US Senator. The senate works for the ruling class not the American people.

Here’s the speech:

Sen. Marco Rubio's address on U.S. foreign policy
    by Sen. Marco Rubio
    04/25/2012

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=51090

23. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

For about the fourth time in this thread alone: HOW DO YOU KNOW?

24. rahl

rahl Banned

of course he's eligible. just like obama is eligible.

25. rahl

rahl Banned

He has no intention of answering you. Flanders treats this forum like his own personal blog. He refuses to engage in debate. I've reported his threads dozens of times to no avail