Positive effects of Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sadistic-Savior, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

Once again you are bringing up something that is not slated to happen for centuries and using it to excuse the changes we are experiencing NOW
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene

Please do some basic research for yourself it is hard work trying to educate - especially those who consistently fail to listen

2. Bowerbird

Please do some research! Geeez!

Where on this Earth or even in the outer planets did you get the idea that the interglacial period was going to end within our lifetimes or that it would not be swamped by the signal that is the rise in CO2?

And you have never addressed the fact of what happens if (most likely) we do NOT see an end to the current interglacial?

What will happen if the temperature continues to rise with the rising CO2

3. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Interesting how you read into things that do not exist. For instance, I never said this interglacial will end during our lifetime.

So, what if this interglacial does not end? That means it will stay mild by earths standards and we will not go into a glaciation period, which would be much more disastrous than any warming. If not and we warm more, then we could return to the state the earth was in for millions of years before this ice age. In other words, if you have ever read about the past, the earth used to be much more vibrant, enough so that the huge amount of growth that happened became our oil reserves.

4. Bowerbird

However the CO2 rise will grossly affect the planet within our lifetime which is why I used that timeframe
    Hooo boy!

Okay now please follow your own logic through

It does not cool (because we are not in the part of the Milankovitch cycle that would trigger the cooling and the sun is about to hit another active time) but warms - good

Now there will be more tropics on Earth and you think "Good"?

Diseases - ever wondered WHY there are more in the tropics? Let us take a look at just one, and one I deal with almost daily here

LICE! AKA Scabies

They flourish in the tropics to the point of "crusted scabies" where there are millions of lice in skin that looks like it should belong to an Elephant.

And that is just one add things like Melliodosis, Malaria, Tetanus etc etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_disease

And then there are the insects - more prevalent in the tropics

And then there is plant and animal adaptation - we are already seeing die back in many temperate plants because of climate change - do you really think we can !@#!@# with mother nature THAT much and get away with it?

How about the rising acidity of the sea levels and the effect on the corals?

Simple and basic chemistry will tell you that CO2 dissolved in water gives you Carbonic Acid

Then there is the whole CLIMATE CHANGE thing. It is hard to grow crops where there is no water (talk to Texans about that) or when the water does come it takes you from drought conditions to raging floods (ask Queenslanders about THAT) within a span of 6 - 12 months

5. Hoosier8

Lice, scabies? Really?

I guess the warmer well is depleted enough to include lice as the main motivator of fear. Sorry, but that is an awfully pathetic argument.

6. Bowerbird

You have obviously never had to deal with crusted scabies or been infected because someone with them shook the bloody bed linen. We have a Strep infection rate up here that means we cannot use Streptokinase and THAT is down to the Scabies we think

[​IMG]
    http://www.google.com.au/search?q=c...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CA4Q_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=576

There have been deaths from it

Just because YOU have not seen the problem does not mean it does not exist

Same as with climate change

7. Hoosier8

LOL, Ohhh the fear the danger! Global warming will result in Scabies!

Please. Get real.

8. Bowerbird

Get real yourself - this is just ONE tropical disease and one that is of concern because the scabies causes other diseases

I listed others and linked to wiki

I also talked of increase in insect population

notice you ignored all of that

9. zulu1

zulu1 Banned

The vast majority of climate scientists accept the reality of human-induced AGW, as do all of the world's reputable scientific organizations which endorse them. This is the inescapable 'elephant in the room' that denialists would rather the rest of us realists overlook.

Diethelm & McKee (2009) illustrate the top five tactics of denial to be: 1. Cherry Picking 2. Fake Experts 3. Impossible Expectations 4. Misrepresenting the Science & Logical Fallacies 5. Conspiracy Theories.

http://eurpub.oxfordjournals.org/con...9/1/2.full.pdf

Honesty is not on the list.

The question is, where do the prejudical thought processes of the denialists come from and how can the conspiratorial denialist phenomenon be explained?

A study published last month in the journal 'Psychological Science' shows that prejudice tends not to arise directly from low intelligence, but from the conservative ideologies to which people of low intelligence are drawn. Conservative ideology is the “critical pathway” from low intelligence to believing in things like conspiracy theories and racism. Those with low cognitive abilities are attracted to “right-wing ideologies that promote coherence and order” and “emphasize the maintenance of the status quo”

http://pss.sagepub.com/content/23/2/187.full.pdf+html

On both sides of the Atlantic, conservative strategists have discovered that there is no pool so shallow that several million people won’t drown in it. Whether they are promoting the idea that Barack Obama was not born in the US, that manmade climate change is an eco-fascist-communist-anarchist conspiracy or that the deficit results from the greed of the poor, they now appeal to the basest, stupidest impulses, and find that it does them no harm in the polls.

Don’t take my word for it. Listen to what two former Republican ideologues, David Frum and Mike Lofgren, have been saying. Frum warns that “conservatives have built a whole alternative knowledge system, with its own facts, its own history, its own laws of economics.” The result is a “shift to ever more extreme, ever more fantasy-based ideology” which has “ominous real-world consequences for American society.”

http://nymag.com/news/politics/conse...-frum-2011-11/

Lofgren complains that “the crackpot outliers of two decades ago have become the vital center today”. The Republican party, with its “prevailing anti-intellectualism and hostility to science” is appealing to what he calls the “low-information voter” or the “misinformation voter.” While most office holders probably don’t believe the “reactionary and paranoid claptrap” they peddle, “they cynically feed the worst instincts of their fearful and angry low-information political base”.

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all...ult/1314907779

Denialism thrives as a result of low intelligence on the one hand, and poor information on the other.

Bowerbird and (deleted member) like this.
  10. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Wow?!?!

Are you really this ignorant of what is being discussed?!?!?!?

Unbelievable.!

Google the words "climate change" and "public health".

Then get back to us

11. Hoosier8

Scabies! The main reason we should change everything for global warming! I wonder if anyone lives in the tropics? I would guess they have all left because of scabies.

Fear mongering, the main tool in the warmers assault to change other peoples lives. Yes, I am completely familiar with the fear mongering and the ability of so many to just fall inline without question.

Of course, anyone that does not jump on the band wagon about the fear of global warming will also be labeled. Part and parcel of the religion.

Now, what are the benefits of global warming? There are many. Try to think for yourself for a change.

12. Bowerbird

When they did the list that Zulu posted they left off "Belittles known issues"

I mentioned scabies because I am still scratching after our last case and they are a real and significant health problem here

13. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

"Scabies is one of the three most common skin disorders in children, along with tinea and pyoderma.[17] The mites are distributed around the world and equally infect all ages, races, and socioeconomic classes in different climates.[9] Scabies is more often seen in crowded areas with unhygienic living conditions"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scabies

Looks gross...but I don't see what it has to do with global warming. Looks like its mostly a hygiene problem. Perhaps you Aussies ought to take more showers, wash your linens or something.

14. Bowerbird

(((((((((((((((sigh))))))))))))))))))

Scabies is common - the picture above is CRUSTED scabies or Norwegian scabies and it flourishes in the tropics

It is called Norwegian scabies because it was "discovered in an aged care facility that had quite warm central heating

And insults aside this is simply ONE tropical disease

There are are many many others that will spread with the warming climate

15. Hoosier8

In other words, life abounds in warmer climates. Thanks for pointing that out.

16. Bowerbird

yes it does - and have you ever wondered why most third world countries are in the tropics?

17. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Who said it was the main reason?

Why do you tell lies like this?
    Says the bloke that just deliberately lied!

18. Hoosier8

You obviously cannot tell the difference between a lie and sarcasm. Sucks to be you.

19. _Inquisitor_

_Inquisitor_ Well-Known Member

You used sarcasm and you hit the target.

So far all negative effects of the fantasized global warming Agwists could come up are tropical diseases.

So far only tropical disease Agwists could come up is Norwegian scabies.

The appeal to pity works in this way:
    First faked pictures of Chernobyl children are posted, than the conclusion that Nuclear power plantare bad is coming.
    First pics of scabies are posted then conclusion about fantasized global warming and its negative effects are made.

So what you said sarcastically is also all truth.

RPA1 had already debunked it:
    “Looks gross...but I don't see what it has to do with global warming. Looks like its mostly a hygiene problem. Perhaps you Aussies ought to take more showers, wash your linens or something.”

It is also sarcasm and true. Indeed scabies is not a tropical decease. It is a scare only for OWS protesters, Aussies and other warmists who ignore hygiene and have sex with animals or with whatever comes across. It is not an effect of warming, but it is effect of life style, lack of basic hygiene of soul and body the scientific majorities are forcing on us.

Florida the US is tropical and subtropical, It is a resort, a place of vacation and retirement, of gross harvests of food with little efforts. So far Obama supporters have a difficult time to change it to fit their life style. No tropical diseases so far.

At the same time at the North one can hear about flue shuts in winter, and cold bringing cold deceases, I am not even talking about freezing to death and no food under the snow. Even birds migrate to tropics and subtropics from our places. Once in a while I escape to FL, too.

It is warmists who lie

and lie

and lie

and lie

all the time

and try to bully others and play ""gotchya" game.

20. Bowerbird

What part of "just one" do people not understand?

[​IMG]

21. Hoosier8

It is called weather and any spike is proof of nothing.

22. _Inquisitor_

_Inquisitor_ Well-Known Member

People are not stupid. They understand. They understand that everything I posted and you quoted was true. That during over a month and over 240 posts between the OP and my post neo-fascists did not come up even with one credible negative effect of the fantasized warming, but only with lies, lies and lies and scabies was an expample of that - and it is not me who laughed at it and deservers the credit.

If you confirm that you have no objection to my post I may choose to take time and demonstrate in an easy and simple way that your fresh lie is another lie and stinks in the same way as scabies.

If you have an objection to statements of my post you quoted I am giving you another chance to make it.

23. Bowerbird

[​IMG]

24. dadoalex

dadoalex Well-Known Member Past Donor

Seems like a cancer patient celebrating the great drugs.

You're solving the wrong problem.

25. Hoosier8

http://itia.ntua.gr/en/docinfo/1128/