Double standards reach new depths in British courts

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Phil K, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Phil K

Phil K Member

You people are rather like a vampire not capable of seeing their reflection in the mirror. You are so overwhelming full of yourselves and overflowing with arrogance and self-righteousness and ego, that you don't see it in the same manner of "not seeing the wood for the trees".
    Wake up call ? You are neither witty nor as bright as you may believe.
    Old saying fits you people like a glove.
    "If they were half as bright as they think they are, they'd STILL be twice as bright as they ACTUALLY are" :p

2. Phil K

Phil K Member

Don't really care what he is, Welsh or Scot, Scouser or Cockney
    Seems the pompous PC prat is Welsh too.
    Both sides of same coin.
    Now, please tell me why this tit deserves 5 years while an islamic extremist deserves your support ?
    Or does that say more of whats between your ears than his ?

3. Phil K

Phil K Member

At least this answer is honest. One I could respect.
    So many of the others are just so colossally dumb, yet the mouthpieces believe themselves so profound.....:blahblah:

4. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hitler's chums said the same about my father. You are unutterably democratic, you racists, and as intelligent as any two slugs at the beer-saucer.

I am sorry the kid from Pontypridd got drunk and wrote drivel, but he was just imitating American racists, doubtless, who seem never to be sober. He should be let to get on with his degree, but that is just common sense, not some 'free-speech' justification of racist piggery.

5. raymondo

raymondo Banned

It says you are humourless .
    Which means not perceptive .
    Which means not smart .

6. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

This should be very disturbing, that someone can be jailed for writing a few silly comments on the internet.
    Britains need to kick their politicians out of office, and stop appointing judges all too willing to impose overy harsh sentences just to make a political/social point. The manipulation of the court system is just pathetic.

7. raymondo

raymondo Banned

I will make sure that " the powers that be" are made aware of your advice . If feel confident that thy will be find it as amusing as I did .
    Ignorance of the full and detail Laws does not condone pomposity .

8. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Liam Stacey's actual comment was: "LOL (*)(*)(*)(*) Muamba. He's dead!!!"

So how exactly was this "inciting racial violence"? Because Muamba was Black?
    That judge who sentenced him should be dismissed.

I would not even blink twice about saying things FAR more offensive than that. In fact, I will even do it in this post:

LOL Hope Jermain Defoe goes back to Africa!

[​IMG]

9. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

10. raymondo

raymondo Banned

Love the way you get it wrong every time . Your comments about the case don't interest me . They are just ill informed and therefore silly .
    But why would you want a Professional Footballer , born in London , sent to Africa ?
    You fail even to get basic facts right .

11. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

You just do not get it. The boy did not even say anything racially offensive. There was NOTHING racial in his comments!
    The only thing racial about it was that the football player who died was Black! It has never been illegal in the UK to simply say something that is merely offensive. So you see, it was really the prosecutors and judge that are racist.

Perhaps there should be enhanced sentencing against protesters that disregard police orders when the protest is about the gap between the wealthy and poor?
    Or enhanced sentencing when someone steals from another person out of resentment for the fact that that person is "wealthy".
    Or perhaps enhanced sentencing when the victim of a crime is targeted for holding racial beliefs?

While we are at it, perhaps we should sentence anyone who calls someone else a "racist" to 30 days in jail! :razz:

We can see the hypocrisy here. The progressives have twisted the law for their own political purposes.

12. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Ah you don't understand what is racial insults. He said
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA5v2eZ5ZZE

well if you understand racism at all you will see he said a lot more racist things than just that and was threatening as well.

I am not saying I agree with the judgement but it does show poor character and deeply offended a lot of people who were praying for this man to survive.

13. raymondo

raymondo Banned

As I said , your case comments are ill informed and therefore silly .Post number 35.
    Alexa outlines this piece by piece for you in post 37
    I often highlight the challenged educational background of many of the regular Forum contributors, and I frankly believe that you should address your inevitably fact less posts to them , the audience best suited to your generally intolerant positions .You simply do not produce balanced comment and criticism , and this lack of real perspective will never interest those of us who make the effort to source reports in detail , and pay respect to the various strands that inevitably make up most stories . Intelligent people are not interested in over simplified spin positions which always seem to reflect basic attitudes usually spelt out graphically on sites like Stormfront .
    To suggest that someone of my background and expertise" does not get it " simply highlights a level of arrogance and self adulation that your post contents never warrant and never come close to supporting .

14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Smash the progressive nanny state!

[​IMG]

_

15. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

He was talking to someone else, not about the soccer player. He called one of the other users on twitter a "n*ger", not Muamba. And that other user was probably not even Black. Yes, he somewhat implied that the other user was Black by just because they were a fan of Muamba, by saying "wog" and "go pick cotton". But he said plenty of other non-racist insults also. I really do not see why anyone is taking this so seriously.

I think this is just one more reason why ethnic diversity is not a good thing. Now many Britains resent all this diversity, and everyone's rights are threatened because the government feels they have to arrest people who type silly comments on twitter. If the cost of multiculturalism is that saying "offensive" things becomes a crime, then is it really worth it?

16. alexa

alexa Well-Known Member Past Donor

You fail to notice I said I was not saying I was in agreement with the judgement so let's just leave that out as you have.

A young man was fighting for his life. His racist filth was offensive. It doesn't matter who he is showing his deep racism to, he is showing it. I notice you fail to quote when he suggests the other poster
    Liam Stacey is sick. I notice you again were trying to misrepresent what was said. He may have been using racist terminology towards a poster who may or may not have been black but he most certainly was deliberately using this racist filth to show his disdain for black people and in particular his disdain for a young black man who was critically ill. He saw that man as a suitable person to show his perversion towards sexually defiling corpses. Of course he was mistaken, the man was not dead.

Public forums are not your private lounge, they are public forums where every one in the world can read them. Clearly people complained.

OMG, you do not know the UK at all! Many people are questioning the sentence and that happens often. However I have yet to see anyone questioning whether Liam Stacey is anything but a sick bastard. Admittedly he likely will move more in the direction of racists but he obviously was an out and out racist anyway. His speech was disgusting. His college were even considering expelling him. All that is a lot to pay but it doesn't get away from the fact that he was an indecent racist who was even suggesting necrophilia.

There is a very strong attitude against racism towards blacks in this country. You do not really expect people to change their minds about that because a sick drunk racist possibly lost the opportunity to hide it for a little while and possibly received an over harsh punishment? The place where I have seen the strongest questioning of his sentence are in The Guardian and Open Democracy but no one is questioning whether he was slime!

17. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

So those that preach tolerance are are unable to let something so small go unpunished? Even when it is just some poorly-thought out silly comments typed into twitter by a very young man?

Honestly, the progressives now are no better than the biggots before.

18. raymondo

raymondo Banned

For you to call others Bigots , is very sad . Have you no self perception ?
    You tick every box that fits that description in your obsessional prejudices .

19. JohnConstantine

JohnConstantine Active Member

Maybe, maybe not. I think that's possibly words you reserve for the more extreme criminals in society. Paedophiles and murderers come to mind. I'm sorry but if you think this is shocking you don't know a huge amount about the UK, things like this are thrown around by youngsters all the time, I know plenty of "sick bastards" by this definition. To be honest, I'm mixed race white/black Carribean - I have friends you would consider sick bastards, Black, White and Asian, who are quite happy to make Maddy jokes for example. It's poor taste, and this kid has felt the full wrath of the PC crowd. And maybe there is a need to make an example of "trolling" but this happens all the time, under innumerable youtube videos you see comments just as off-putting, so really you should be knocking on all of these kids doors and locking them up? Or what? Only the one's that people get up in arms about I guess. Racism should be tackled at the core - target the BNP rallies, or subversive fascism and neo-Nazism and hooliganism (is Liam connected to any of this?) replete within the football world, locking this kid up doesn't bowl me over as a triumph in the fight against racism at all.