So now impeachment?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bluesguy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Indymom

Indymom Well-Known Member

BTW, I know full well that I can't control what happens. I can only express my thoughts on what the right thing is to do about it. The election does not erase my opinion that this President is a liar and was highly negligent in the death of our Ambassador. We need to have an investigation. No doubt about it. But, it's out of my hands now.

2. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I was talking with a gal who is married to one of the Mobile Security Deployment guys who was in Tripoli until August.. He knew the Seals on security duty with the CIA and had also worked with them in Yemen.

He's now in Tunisia where the Ambassador is in hiding and the security team is living in a abandoned building.

Please watch this.. its brief.

http://climatecrocks.com/2012/11/08...a-wake-up-call-that-the-right-wing-will-hear/

3. Indymom

Do I really need to define the word "may" for you?

On the record...under oath.

4. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

The consulate had suffered three seperate failed bombing attempts just months earlier and the British packed up when their ambassador had death threats and an attempt on his life by the same group that attacked us. Additionally Red Cross packed up and left.
    AND in addition to that, Ambassador Stevens met with State Department people several times asking for more help!

"At around 6:20 a.m., a yellow Mercedes-Benz truck drove to Beirut International Airport, where the 1st Battalion 8th Marines under the 2nd Marine Division had set up its local headquarters. The truck was not the water truck they had been expecting, but a hijacked truck carrying explosives."
    The truck was expected and a welcomed sight, no doubt.

"The truck turned onto an access road leading to the compound and circled a parking lot. The driver then accelerated and crashed through a barbed wire fence around the parking lot, passed between two sentry posts, crashed through a gate and drove toward the lobby of the marine headquarters. The sentries at the gate were operating under rules of engagement which made it very difficult to respond quickly to the truck. Sentries were ordered to keep their weapons at condition four (no magazine inserted and no rounds in the chamber). By the time the two sentries were able to engage, the truck was already heading towards the building's entry way, armed."

The truck had to floor it to crash through a fence AND a gate AND drive between TWO seperate sentry posts. I hardly think that qualifies as "lax" security.
    The sentries were, inexplicably, operating at "condition four" but this brings up three points: All Marines in embassy security positions are still at condition four, under Obama, which makes this issue a push. Two, Marine guards were able to engage the truck, albeit not immediately, and three, it's not clear they could have stopped a speeding truick filled with explosives at any rate.

You can justifiably say this single aspect indicates the security at the Marine compound was not ideal but in no way can you claim it was lax.

This is like trying to blame Bush for the 9/11 attack. We had word that terrorists might try to use airplanes as flying suicide bombers. That in no way identifies which planes (out of thousands of daily flights) to look out for.
    In hind sight that "water" truck should have been stopped but hind sight is perfect while people are not.

The warning was insufficient and vague. The degree to which our troops (the sentries) were "hamstrung" was not significant and it's not clear they could have stopped a suicide attack anyway. Failure to convice.

5. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh. I see. May does not mean think might happen. Amazing that the goalposts move in utter defiance of the English language.

6. Indymom

Haha!! You know someone, who knew someone...for all I know you are talking to your stuffed animals.

7. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

That's sick. Do you even have a clue as to how many people elected the President? How many eligible voters are there in America, about 208 million? How many of them are registered, about 150 million? How many actually elected the President?

Were do you get the idea that some ignorant mass of voters elected the President?

8. Margot

Whatever... There is no mystery about what happened in Benghazi.. They tried security on the cheap.. with Blue Mountain Security who had hired a celebrity bodyguard to run the operation.. a $350K contract. They hired untrained Libyan ex school teachers for security and told them to phone home and run like hell if there was trouble.

9. angrynadya

angrynadya New Member

I wish Congress was howling for an independent investigation after 9/11 like they did for Benghazi.

Instead, it took over 2 years for the 9/11 Commission to convene release its report, of which 27 pages were redacted.

Despite the black hole in American memory, 9/11 was a far bigger deal than Benghazi. And we needed closure after that day, but Bush impeded the investigation every step of the way. It didn't have to be that way, the Warren Commission was convened a week after JFK was murdered.

10. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

In 2008 Obama brought people donuts. I didn't see him doing that this time. Add that to the list of impeachable offenses.

11. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, but politically so does the narrative. It's frustrating and counter productive to a productive, thriving society, but it seems that's the way it is these days. And I'm not saying the hearings shouldn't be demanded, I'm only the stating the obvious leftwing & MSM response.

12. Bow To The Robots

Bow To The Robots Banned at Members Request

They need only bring the evidence of Obama's high crimes and misdemeanors.

13. wanderer1

wanderer1 New Member

If that's all you got, you ain't got much... as usual!LOL

14. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

You people seriously don't get it.

It's bull(*)(*)(*)(*) like this that has turned the Republican party into nothing more than a circus. A side show attraction.

You haven't got a single serious issue, and you are doing nothing but dragging the nation down with you into this petty childish bull(*)(*)(*)(*). Grow the (*)(*)(*)(*) up, we aren't in high school anymore. The nation needs a congress that does more than (*)(*)(*)(*) and moan. We need a congress that WORKS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE NATION AND ITS PEOPLE.

15. Beast Mode

Beast Mode New Member

Which law was broken?

16. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Yes but refusing to protect our ambassadors and embassies and military by refusing security request and telling forces on the ground to stand down and engaging in a cover-up and refusing to comply with congressional inquiery could be.

17. Bluesguy

Straw man, impeachment does not require a law be broken.

18. Bluesguy

If you do not understand the seriousness of this issue and only see it through your partisan glasses we can't help you.

19. Bluesguy

And how did Bush impede the investigation? And I don't recall Bush telling the defense department to stand down and not try to stop the stacks as they were occurring nor did they claim they were in response to a film and not a terrorist attack against us. Maybe you can help me on those points or is it a matter that since you can't defend the Obama administration all you have left is BUSH BUSH BUSH BUSH.

20. mikezila

mikezila New Member

conspiracy to commit murder. if Donald Trump had a hit list and his employees started offing those folks, he'd already be on death row.

21. Really People?

Really People? New Member

Conspiracy to commit murder?

Care to elaborate?

22. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

Three fourths of the people who voted for BH Obama don't know what the three branches of government are, they never heard of Harry Ried or Nan Peelowsea and they could care less about Libya.

What do they want to government to start doing? There are more people on food stamps than ever before, fewer people pay taxes you can't say God within a thousand feet of a school.

So, your common sense tells you that the murder and rape with a knife of our ambassador and the coverup of BH Obam's handeling of that is "petty crap"??

Email the dems in Congress and express yourself. The Republicans have passed one bill after the other in the House and Ried refused to give us a vote on any of them. The Congress has not passed a Constitutionally required budget since BHO has been in office because the dems in the Senate refuse to have a vote on a budget because they don't have the guts to vote for the trillions of dollars that we are going into debt each year.

23. Margot

You don't know that's what happened or even what is going on .. All you have to go on is speculation, anonymous sources for Fox News and rumors.

Obama won't be impeached. .. Read Next Stop Mali.. and wake up to the big picture.

24. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

And you do know what happened?? The Fox News source was on the ground in Benghazi and you speculate that he is lying to hurt BH Obama.

The impeachable crime that BHO committed was telling his people to lie to Congress under oath. Or knowing that someone had been told to lie under oath. Or even speculating that someone had lied under oath and not doing anything about it. I speculate that BH Obama is part of a conspiracy to cover up what happened in Benghazi and people lied to the Congress as part of that conspiracy.

If BH Obama was a white Republican he would be impeached for sure.

25. Bluesguy

Perhaps you should have listened to the congressional press conference today, then YOU would know what is going on or more importantly what the Obama administration doesn't want to go on.