So when will Christmas be banned from America?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by RightToLife, Dec 10, 2012.

?

When will the real christmas become non-existant

1. 2020 or before

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 2050-2100

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2100-2500

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. 3000

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. never

45 vote(s)
    80.4%
  1. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

Well cheer up my friend. Things may go completely opposite for pubic celebrations of Christmas. We while we are still a majority we can vote with our wallets, boycotting retail shops etc if things get really bad. Christianity has survived for over 2000 years and it will be here to the end as per the bible so we truly have reason to rejoice. We should pray continually as Jesus taught. (for Gods will to be done in this Christmas thing. Who knows God may not want us to celebrate as we have!)

~ God bless this forum ~

reva

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

You are a "pro-lifer" who doesn't know what RU-486 is....seems your "personal observations" are a bit...lacking???

:D

3. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

and youre a liberal.... so you are lacking in everything...

4. OhZone

OhZone Active Member

5. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

God has a plan, so what good is prayer?

To convince God he is wrong? LOL

6. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

how's that organic bake sale for the Guatemalan water snake going?

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

I'm not lacking in KNOWLEDGE about the subject that I discuss.

You claim to be a "pro-lifer"....yet have never heard of RU-486?!?!??!? That's like a NFL football fan saying they've "never heard of the Pittsburgh Steelers".

And yet you think you can CONVINCE people in a debate?!?!?!? You ARE the perfect Fox News viewer and obviously one who will fall for "War on Christmas" ...each and every Christmas for 20 years now. :D

8. Wingless

Wingless New Member

That isn't the real story of Christmas; it got mixed into the pagan tradition.

Attached Files:

9. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

So what.. Cathedrals are built over pagan sites.

We don't know when Jesus was born but lambing season comes early in Palestine.. so it was likely in January, Feb or March when pasture is pretty good.

It seems to me.. that what is important to Christians is some celebration of the birth. Tinsel and holly.. Feasting, Santa and the exchange of gifts just makes it a cheery and meaningful family time.

No question that there is a commercial (retail) side to it.. but is that really the defining element?

One of my sons is experiencing some financial difficulties.. so this year they will shift their tradition to caroling and the reading of Luke 2 rather than the loot.

10. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

Fairy tale? I hardly call the celebration of the most popular mans birth on this planet a fairy tale. Even if we do not have the exact date, which in itself is nothing unusual.

11. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

Christmas will be banned when amnesty is granted and Muslims begin to immigrate to America has they do in European countries like France.

Then when they take over government positions they may change the laws for us to celebrate Kwanza instead of Christmas.

12. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Oh horse manure.. Have you EVER been anywhere outside the US?

13. Wingless

Wingless New Member

I'm aware. RightToLife and others seem to be under the impression that the "real story" or meaning of Christmas is under attack. I'm pointing out that the pagan winter traditions didn't have anything to do with Christianity to begin with.

14. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Naturally, to those who know, Christmas was established to coincide with the former Roman holiday of Saturnalia, not based on any actual evidence of the "day Jesus was born", since none exists.

but I read once how if you look at the Nativity story....a birth-date of JULY or AUGUST would be more accurate, since it refers to the shepherds in the hills tending their flock. In ancient Judea, shepherds would take their flock to the hill areas, where the grazing was more available in the Summer when grasses would dry out. In the winter (December 25th) it would have made no sense for them to be in the hills, since by then they would have put up hay or grain for winter and there would have been little grazing (even in Mediterranean Judea) in the mountains outside of Bethlehem.

So....if the Religious Right wants to REALLY get seriious about "the real meaning of Christmas"....they better move it to the Fourth of July or something. :)

15. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

She believes that...because Rightwing Media and Religous Right televangelists get RATINGS when they tell their audience that it is and get them all in a tizzy.

Then "miraculously"....Christmas survives and 11 months later the con-men start the con all over again.

16. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

That is possibly the funniest thing I have ever read,,,,,hahahahaah, after all, what would we do with all those Christmas trees and Turkey.....? LOL

17. Alif Qadr

Alif Qadr Banned

Liberal,
    Kwanza is not a Muslim or Islamic holiday. Kwanza was founded by Mualana Keranga as a means to celebrate Black heritage.
    Then again, we all look and think the same don't we?
    Besides, we Muslims will gain control over the United States nor any other nation; it is not like we want to anyway. Besides, even if some crazy person who calls himself or herself Muslim (which they are not) speaks about such a thing, just know that ti is impossible and said person or persons are doing more harm to themselves than good.

18. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

I'm not talking about traditions, presents, lights, trees, shopping, gifts... people have completely mis interpreted this thread.... I've been saying the story of Jesus Christ will be written off. It's already happening, censorship on TV, banning of nativity scenes, banning words in school, etc.... the war on christmas is VERY real..... FAR more real than the democrats "war on women" another war they are spearheading...

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Last Easter on TCM, they played "King of Kings" with Jeffrey Hunter and "The Greatest Story Ever Told" with Max von Sydow....atleast twice a piece (probably more).

There are dozens of "church shows" on local television on Sunday mornings. Televangelists like Jimmy Swaggert are on dozens of times.

There is an ENTIRE NETWORK devoted to not just Christian, but RIGHTWING Christian broadcasting...CBN...as well as Trinity Network.

And "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was just on CBS, with Linus reading from the Book of Luke.

So...where is this "censorshiip" of Jesus you claim is happening on television?!?!?!?

20. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Legally so?

Never.

Odd question.

Is it a pretext to a Muslim rant, per chance?

21. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

banning of nativity scenes on government owned land (unless they share such land with non-Christians, which in most case Christians refuse to do)

public land you own, feel free to do with as you want.... no one is stopping you or I from celebrating Christmas the way we want

22. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

The only religion I know of that is banned from privately owned public property at this time is the peyote religion (if your not a Indian, if your Indian then it's ok) <--- sounds racist and prevents Indians from sharing their religion with others

that is what a REAL war on religion looks like...

23. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Do Amish celebrate Christmas, and how?

24. RightToLife

RightToLife New Member

ummm no i hadnt even though of muslims while making this... why are you asking?

25. Bow To The Robots

Bow To The Robots Banned at Members Request

Nativity scenes should never be erected by government. Private citizens have the right to put up as many as they wish on their own property.