Doctors group says heterosexual marriage better for kids

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by dumbanddumber, May 13, 2012.

1. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Hey cats

This one flew in under the radar.

These have always been my thoughts from day dot and i stand by them.

Better for society if these homos remained in the closet as far as i'm concerned we need then like we need a sore thumb.

And i'm a labor supporter who is going to vote for Tony Abbott to get rid of this carbon tax and hopefully the green go the way of the democrates.

2. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Its sad if a child has the influence of only one parent to develop into an adult.

3. Adultmale

Adultmale Active Member Past Donor

I did no such thing, I didn't imply anything or venture any opinion on the promiscurity of homosexuals or normal people. The subject is irrelevent to this topic.

4. Recusant

Recusant Active Member

I actually think, all things being equal, a man and a woman is better.

BUT, it requires the "all things being equal" caveat, and i can tell you that is never the case. My neighbours are terrible, terrible parents (only someone near as bad would suggest otherwise). I'm sure a gay couple, not EVERY gay couple, would do a much better job with those kids.

So, it's a bit of a stupid thing to assess. Only individual parents can be assessed for suitability. It's like saying that Muslim parents are better than Jewish ones (or vice-versa).

Perriquine and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

That child could become a very happy adult - how do you know they would be worse off?

6. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

These doctors must be very stupid. I was raised by just a mother. Does that make us not a family? Does that make me automatically a piece of (*)(*)(*)(*)? Not likely. Statistically I am far better than any average 2-parent child. Higher intelligence, higher self-reliance, etc. What rights do doctors have to form such opinions when ACTUAL studies and research shows that not only do children raised in homosexual families become just as successful as any other child, they are also NO MORE LIKELY to also be homosexual. Do homosexual couples only produce homosexual children? That has to be true... considering heterosexual families produce ONLY heterosexual children.... OH WAIT. ;)

7. Recusant

Recusant Active Member

You are just one person though, danboy.

8. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

What right do you have to tell other people what they can or cannot do?

9. Recusant

Recusant Active Member

I have every right. Whether they listen or not is their right. Whether i have the authority is another question entirely. No: i do not have the authority.

What right do you have to stop me telling people what to do?

OK, that was a little cheeky, but please note that i didn't tell anyone what to do.

My comment is really about how you should not judge all situations by your own experiences. In a sense, i said as much in my post only a couple of minutes prior to yours in relation to the research. Perhaps if you had read my earlier comments, that one wouldn't have seemed as it seemed to you. I merely said "You are just one person though, danboy.". Although brief, i don't think it warranted your very defensive retort. Maybe i should have said all this instead.

10. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

And your same article has a doctors group saying that there is no evidence to support your contention.

Seriously you sound like you disapprove of homosexuals and therefore dislike the idea of them raising children but think this through a moment.

You say the ideal is two parents-a mother and father, raising their children. Tell me- what is the divorce rate in Australia?

The reality is that a hetero sexual marriage is far from a guarantee that children will be raised by a father and a mother.

Beyond that, you often have the case of whether or not it would be better for a child to be left in an orphanage rather than being raised by a homosexual couple.

Or what about the child raised in poverty, because the dad died, versus the child raised by two gay men with enough money to help the child buy his first house?

Life is not so simple as you seem to think it.

Me? I think any child is lucky to have two loving, good parents. I would rather however, that a child have one responsible, loving and caring parent, than two strictly heterosexual alcholic loser parents who beat their kids.

11. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Your penultimate paragraph suggests that heterosexual parents are drunks and beat up their kids, yet
    all homosexual parents are saints and are loving and do nothing wrong...dont homosexual parents have a beer
    Sorry...they are so pure, arent they....gimmee a break sfjeff...

12. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

Just wondering, where did you get your humility from?

13. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

In general children from single parent homes don't do as well as children in two parent homes. Another way to say that--is if you studied a group of 1000 children in two parent homes and a group of 1000 in single parent homes a much higher percentage of the single parent group have issues like delinquency, drugs, trouble with the law and school.

14. DominorVobis

DominorVobis Banned at Members Request

So after my wife passed away we ceased to be a family, eh.

15. DominorVobis

16. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

Gay males and lesbian females don’t have more casual anonymous sex than heterosexual males & females.

As for just gay male going to toilet blocks, parks and sex clubs for quick sexual encounters; you might be very surprised to learn that the vast majority of males who frequent these venues are “so-called” bi-sexual heterosexual men, who’s wives no longer perform their marital duties, and closeted gay men trapped in a heterosexual marriages.

If we want to use “nature” as an example, as to whether or not younglings have a better physical & psychological advantage being raised by both a female and male parent over two male or two female parents, then we have to look at the entire picture.

In “natures” animal kingdom, 95% of the physical and psychological rearing and caring for the young is left to the female of the species; so if we translate that into human terms, then two lesbian mothers should make excellent parents, but two male parents would make bad parents.

It also means that human beings have reverted their mentality to that of animals, and I personally don’t think comparing a human mind with that of an animal is an intellectually academic starting point for discussing equality in parenting offspring.

“Nature” does however raise a very interesting conundrum. It shows us that in 99% of the species on the planet, that it takes a male & female to produce offspring. Male and male cannot “produce” offspring and neither can female and female, but there is “NO” evidence in nature to suggest that two males or two females cannot successfully “raise” offspring any differently to a lone female, or to a joint male and female couple.

Gay parenting is an untried human social experiment, and whether it succeeds or fails will depend entirely on acceptance and open-mindedness of each individual.

17. m2catter

m2catter Well-Known Member

...in what sort of restricted intellectual enviroments do you live? Is it all biological now? Is that the point you want to make? That is all?
    There is much more needed than a dick and a (*)(*)(*)(*)(*), to create beautiful children. Are your kids happy and proud of you?

18. culldav

I live in an intellectual reality that “states” two males nor can two female produce a child, but they can raise a child. That same intellectual reality also dictates that we live in a world Governed by biology, and that its “biologically” impossible for two male or two female to produce a child, but it doesn’t dictate that they cannot raise a child.

What intellectual reality do you live in?

The last thing this situation needs is fanatics who refuse to see and recognise all options.

19. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Allow me to quote the article:

A right to lifer, and a Christian who thinks that homosexuality is immoral. Really? Knock me down with a feather. This guys opinions are based on nothing more than his religious beliefs, NOT any real evidence.

20. DominorVobis

In the link I posted in an earlier post, the AMA, the official regulatory body for medical practitioners, has published a reply to the statement made by the Doctors for the family group. In reference to the statement used in this OP, that heterosexual marriage is better for kids, this statement is Scientifically WRONG

As you said, look a little deeper and this mob is a radical fundamentalist Christian group, including Right to Lifers, you know, the ones who bomb clinics, kill doctors and nurses etc, quassi Christian organisations similar to the KKK.

As was asked earlier, what are their names, would you really like your children to be treated by a doctor who put his religous beliefs before sound, researched and proven scientific theory?

I personally am not anti Christian, nor am I anti Muslim, anti Buddhist, anti Religion. I am anti-ignorance though anti even anti abortion, as I am adopted myself, you may figure out why. But .... But I would never harm anyone, it would be hypocritical.

If you all whish to continue arguing this OP IMHO you should be arguing whether medicine should be practiced based on reasonably sound scientific principles, or it should be based on hear say, the spiritual beliefs of the doctor, or the whim of some radical group?

For me, I'll take science any day.

21. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Sorry to hear that dom.

NO its not what i said!

22. aussiefree2ride

With all due respect, Mak, your post looks a bit bigoted.

23. aussiefree2ride

Heterosexual marriage is obviously better for kids. When, for whatever reason, a child is deprived of a parential role model of either sex, the child suffers a huge loss in their up bringing. There are times when circumstances force this to happen, but it shouldn`t be planned for a child to miss out this way. Furthermore, the argument of gay adoption / IVF participant supporters, that a child is better off being loved by gay parents, than in a loveless heterosexual family, falsely insinuates that heterosexual famalies fail in this regard, and that gays will succeed. this is an insulting, bottom of the barrel / top of the barrel, argument.

24. culldav

I tend to agree with some of your points on this Aussie.

I suppose the crux of the whole argument should not be about gay parents wanting to artificially produce children, but more about how the children of this experiment will eventually be able to psychologically develop naturally knowing they were born into this world by two people who don’t love each other, and who have only combine their DNA to produce a child.

The psychological implications would be very similar to someone discovering they were grown in a bloody test tube.

I strongly believe that gay individuals or couple using the means of IVF and surrogates to produce should be illegal until an independent study is conducted to determine if there is going to be any long term psychological recourse to the offspring of these relationships.

Most of us on this forum are reasonable thinkers with life experience, and we all know there still exists a lot of anti-gay sentiment and discrimination in the wider community - hell, the countries own PM still refuses to acknowledge gay marriage. Gay bashings and the occasional murder still happens in our community, so we really have to ask the serious question as to why we would allow vulnerable children to be deliberately placed in and exposed to that danger and violence.

I personally don’t see any difference handing a vulnerable innocent child over to a “drugo” family when you have evidence that the family the child is going to are drug users - just doesn’t make any common sense.

25. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust Well-Known Member

This question is entirely irrelevant to the question of homosexual marriage. Last time I checked, marriage was not a requirement for having children. And NO test on the suitability of the couple to either produce or care for offspring has ever been applied to marriage.

I think it's fairly obvious that being heterosexual does not necessarily make you good parents. I think the adoption process is already stringent enough to exclude any couple that cannot care properly for a child, heterosexual or homosexual.

And @culldav: Racism still exists in our society too, are you telling me that we should ban interracial couples, or other ethnic groups from being able to adopt or having IVF? It's sad that you can't see a difference between handing over a child to a drug abusing couple, and handing over a child to for instance Penny Wong and her partner.

And the sheer number of children who grow up fully aware that their parents don't love each other kinda blows that outta the water. Sex != Love.