Fox: It's Extraordinary That Charleston Church Shooting Is Being Called a Hate Crime

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by theferret, Jun 18, 2015.

1. theferret

theferret Well-Known Member

if the measure of racism is inter-racial crime

Sorry to inform you, but it doesn't...But FYI: to date there has been NO history of black Americans having white slaves for over 250 years, with an additional century for Jim Crow laws (which included rapes, murders and all violent crimes). That all LEGALLY ended about 53 years ago. My previous statement stands.

As for your "stats".....according to 2013 FBI information black on white crime was 409 reported cases, while white on black crime was 189 reported cases...220 case difference, couched in the disclaimer: Not all agencies provide ethnicity data, therefore the race and ethnicity totals will not equal.

Balance that against total population of either group, and we're not talking crime wave here. So knock it off with the exaggerations.

2. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2013/03/black_slave_owners_did_they_exist.html

Sorry your statement is wrong.

3. theferret

You already used this absurd ploy....as the chronology of the posts shows, it failed then as it fails now. Like it or not, the Amendment is what it is, the true legal scholars, various SCOTUS have meted it out with State and Federal law. You don't like it, start a movement with your local politicians to have an Amendment passed in Congress that you favor. Otherwise, I'm done going around your convoluted logic circle. You may have the last regurgitation of your failed assertions.

4. theferret

]A privateer is a private citizen. They were the shoe makers, blacksmiths, tavern owners, etc...

They were given permission by the government to kill the enemy and blow enemy stuff up.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion, NOT your own facts or definitions. FYI: Privateer:
    an armed ship owned and officered by private individuals holding a government commission and authorized for use in war, especially in the capture of enemy merchant shipping.....

a ship used in the past to attack and rob other ships; also : a sailor on a privateer

You're done, son. No more of your insipidly stubborn blatherings. Adios.

5. whatukno

whatukno New Member

WOW, FOX News really has some people completely brainwashed.

Listen my conservative friends, every single case has to be looked at individually, A black person robbing a white person is not automatically a hate crime, a black person robbing a white person while shouting racial epithets IS a hate crime, why? Because it's obvious the motivation is the person's race.

This is a hate crime because the perpetrator in his own thrice damned words chose to commit this act because of his hatred of black people. It's in his manifesto, he confessed to it and the reason behind it.

We get it conservatives, some black people commit crimes, and some also commit hate crimes too. Some black people are racist as all hell. We know.

In general humans are horrible creatures. And life's biggest lie is of course innocence. So you don't have to scour the web and find every instance of black on white crime and hold it up as an example to justify Roof's actions, (That is exactly what you are doing too, don't even come at me and try to deny it.)

Racism exists, and it's a major problem in this country we have unfortunately ignored for far far too long. This incident right here, needs to be the turning point, it needs to be the wake up call, to every single American. We as a nation should no longer tolerate the intolerant regardless of their skin color. Racism is not a joke, it's not funny, and it needs to end.

And to be perfectly honest, conservatives have to get it through their thick skulls that black people born in this country are just as much Americans as you are.

There are many of you conservatives out there that want, and are trying for a race war. You are being manipulated by conservative media into it. Look at what they have you doing now, you are defending a confessed racist mass murderer by deflection. How can you say your movement is about individualism when you let groupthink dictate what you say and what you believe?

Black Americans aren't your enemy. The only reason there's a "black culture" at all is because of intolerance. Go outside of this country and you will see that this doesn't exist other places, yes there is racism everywhere, but compared to the racism in America it doesn't lift a finger.

These people, these human beings are your fellow countrymen. And part and parcel to the problems in this country is that these Americans are human beings, they aren't "feral" they aren't "thugs" they are your fellow countrymen. And the reason some of them act the way they do is directly because of YOUR intolerance. But, y'all don't understand that, you separate them into groups that your little minds can comprehend.

You all think that if they are black they are "thugs" if they are Latino, they are "illegals" if they are Muslim, they are "terrorists" and your media enforces this in you every single day. They are masters at manipulation, they do this without coming right out and saying it, they are wizards of subtext. They put the pieces out there and let your mind come up with the connections. All media does this, but conservative media has it down to an art form.

Your brain whether you want to admit it or not is built to make connections and come to conclusions. Men have studied this for a very long time and understand how to manipulate your brain into believing what they want you to believe. (this is why I haven't turned on my TV in months, except for the weather.)

Roof's problem was that he got only one kind of media input and didn't do his own due diligence in the information age to bother looking up things on his own or do his own research. He didn't fact check his information input, and only had that to rely on for his twisted mind to come to conclusions.

Ignorance got the better of Roof. His mind led him down a path that he thought that a race war is inevitable, (just like Charles Manson) and he wanted to be the catalyst for that race war.

Again, so I refresh it in your minds, yes, some black people commit crimes, some black people are very racist, but it isn't the whole of these Americans. These are your fellow countrymen looking for their slice of the American dream. It's certainly not the whole race, and it's not even the majority of the race, the problem lies in a minority of this minority, that faces the prejudice every single day from the majority in this country and they can't and won't stand for it. They are denied legitimate jobs because of the way they speak, or the way they dress, Their upbringing is that of violence and broken homes because of this. They feel they can't be accepted into normal society so they have created their own. Which I am sad to say is going to be harder to tear down than the walls whites have built against the black community.

I've ranted long enough I think. Most of my conservative friends won't bother reading this post. I hope you do. And if you do, thank you, just remember your media is pushing you toward Roof's end. Think for yourselves, think outside the box they want to put you in, and remember, these Americans believe in the American dream as much as you do, but have to dream it from a disadvantaged place in life thanks to years of oppression and struggle. They can achieve this dream with your help, if you allow your personal prejudice to wane and realize they are your fellow countrymen looking for a better life for themselves and their families too.

6. theferret

I stand corrected. Your article doesn't state how many black folk owned how many "indentured white servants"....an indentured servant is a HELL of a lot different than a slave. And here's a comparison to the CENTURIES of slave trading in America among white folk as opposed to slave owning "freed blacks".
    http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2821/before-the-civil-war-were-some-slave-owners-black

Nice try though.

7. MolonLabe2009

MolonLabe2009 Banned

Right there. It says private individuals.