House Committee Conducts Hearings on Benghazi Security Failure

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Talon, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

The President made a huge difference. When he took office the ship was sinking.

1) Stock market had Crashed Dow: 14000 to 6500 .. Last time I checked the Dow was over 13,000
    2) Housing market had crashed .. Housing market is coming back
    3) Financial system had collapsed (credit markets frozen) .. Credit markets are no longer frozen
    4) Deficit of 1.4 Trillion.......... Deficit has been reduced
    5) 750,000 jobs were being lost a month We are seeing net gains in Jobs

This is true .. although Obama has reduced the deficit by a small amount .. the water is still coming in faster than it can be bailed out and the ship will eventually sink.

No person can make the cuts necessary (and these would likely not work anyway) without massive civil unrest.

Wake up call: Total income is 2.1 Trillion. After paying the 450 Billion interest on our debt we have roughly 1.65 Trillion in read disposable income.
    Total military spending is over 1 Trillion

Romney wants to increase military spending .. "humor" .. and cut revenue further/tax cut .. "humor"
    Only an idiot would think that the person that happened to be sitting in the presidential office would have made a difference in relation to our stature in the world.

The stature of the US in the world was at an all time low under the villiage idiot "mr Bush" .. with his freedom fries and other barbs and alienation of our closest allies.

Even Trump said that he was embarrassed to Travel abroad under Bush.

Obama has done much to re-establish foreign relations and repair global respect for the US as a nation.

Yes .. you showed that you are completely ignorant of US foreign policy and have no clue about the economy, debt or deficit.

2. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

time for dear leader to declare executive privilege just like he did with Fast and Furious? Time for Pelosi to start screeching Witchhunt at the top of her shrill voice. Time for shyster of the year Bob Gibbs to announce, nothing to see here move along ?

Got a feeling Obama is going to have a bad bad month. all the emperors clothes are going "poof"

BTW I hope Biden can remember what state he is in and century it is tomorrow night

get the popcorn ready boyz and girlz

3. Giftedone

No .. what is frikkin stupid is making naked claims.

If you want to be taken seriously then show 1) evidence for your claims of elevated risk and request from the Ambassador and
    2) stating how this elevated risk should take priority over the hundreds of other examples of "elevated risk" and security related requests that crop up on a daily basis.

4. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Those are the facts, which is more than the strawmen you've been working with.

I'm more than confident that the Green Zone in Baghdad could have withstood a coordinated, heavy ground assault for the very reason one was never attempted. It was a heavily fortified compound that was built and staffed to repel such an attack.

Clearly, the same cannot be said for the compound in Benghazi...

5. kk8

kk8 New Member Past Donor

Come on now....we all know this.....

images (8).jpg

Is about all the Obama voter can handle right now. Don't go bothering them with the fact that there is a serious cover-up going on about Libya! They are tapped out...not interested at all, look at your new thread for instance....been here for almost two hours...yet where is everyone? This is the most IMPORTANT STORY OF OBAMA'S ENTIRE PRESIDENCY! Yet Obama is talking to his masses about how Romney will cut 8million from PBS!!!!! This f'n guy should have ZERO SUPPORT AT THIS TIME....ZERO!

6. Giftedone

How is asking a question "lying" ? Put the bong down and try to get your reading comprehension up to the level of a 5th grader.

7. Talon

How do you expect to be taken seriously when much of the information you've requested has already been posted?

Go back to the OP, read the other articles and then try and keep up...:roll:

8. jackdog

jackdog Well-Known Member

might try doing some research http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/libya-consulate-attack_n_1951910.html

I am still wondering if the Romney campaign has plants over here posing as liberals just to make the Democrats look even less informed than they are

9. Giftedone

What facts .. show me some facts ?

1) What strawman
    2) I never claimed that you said there was zero security
    3) What does Baghdad have to do with Benghazi ?
    4) Why do you continue to pretend to be stupid ?

10. Talon

Your question inferring that I may have thought that there was "zero" security at the consulate was disingenuous given the fact that I never stated or implied that there was "zero" security at the compound.

Obviously, Ace isn't the one who has reading comprehension problems here...

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Hat Tip: Rush Limbaugh Show

Very interesting, don't you think?

Hmmmmm............

[video=youtube;bxf77xQ_NLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxf77xQ_NLU[/video]

She lied on her husband's news show. Amazing....... We have to fire these Obama admin liars.

12. Talon

Seriously. You spoon feed those drones information and then they demand the information you've already provided. :roll:

I wonder what else we can do for these people? Tie their shoe laces? Butter their toast? Chew their food for them?

13. Giftedone

You seem to have no comprehension of the reality of security issues and have provided no evidence for your silly claims so the question "Do you not think there was zero security" needs to be asked.

I did not state that you had stated there was zero security.

You are clearly confused and trying dodge actually discussing the topic because you have no clue what you are talking about.

14. Talon

Very convenient.

If I were her, I'd spin my yarns on my husband's show, too.

I understand what you're saying, Don, but it really isn't amazing at all...

15. Talon

16. Giftedone

The request was for 5 security personnel but normally there were only 3 or 4.

Do you think that 1 or 2 more security personnel would have made a difference against the well coordinated heavily armed group that attacked the embassy ?

Really .. is this what you think ? If so I have a beautifull bridge to sell you at a low low price. Steal of a deal really .. you cant go wrong.

Bong hit anyone ?

17. Talon

Clearly, you're full of gratuitous remarks and assumptions, strawmen and ad hominem sandbox antics, and there was no reason to ask someone if they thought there was "zero" security at the consulate when they never stated or implied that there was "zero" security at the consulate.

Clearly, you're desperate to resort to such measures.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Lt. Colonel Woods is testifying...

18. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

I'm sorry, I was under the impression you were up to speed on the facts. Clearly you are not. I suggest you visit www.google.com. Actually, here you go, I've done it for you:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&outpu...32725ba180b2b2&bpcl=35243188&biw=1143&bih=489

Furthermore, if Barack Obama doesn't even have enough sense to do something as obvious as protect one of our embassies in a fragile country freshly done with a civil war, with anti-American Muslim extremists roaming the country, then he simply doesn't have what it takes to be president. The problem is, he was dumb enough and egotistical enough to believe his own BS: that Muslim hostilities would begin to ease the day he was inaugurated. And unfortunately for our ambassador and the others murdered, plenty of American voters were dumb enough to believe him.

This is what happens when we elect an empty suit, with no executive experience, whose only skill is huffing, puffing and bloviating.

Of course, this is just one of many failures of the failure-in-chief.

19. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Nice try, but you were making an accusation. Disguising it with a question mark is entirely transparent and an old and obvious tactic. NO SALE.

20. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Translation: OK, you've got me cornered. I better walk my accusation back a bit. How's this?

21. Giftedone

Ya .. pick up your ball and go home now ..

Your excused.

22. Giftedone

Hit that Bong again ACE ..

Walking away from what accusation ?

Clearly this is reinforcing my accusation .. is it not ?

23. Talon

Got a link to that "request" or are you just confused from the bong hits you've been offering?

How does that December 2011 memo from Undersecretary of State Kennedy qualify as the security requests that were made by State Department regional security officer Eric Nordstrom in March and July 2012?

That's an amazing transformation you've got working there, sport. Do you turn water into wine, too?

In response to your ill-informed, confused and vacuous question, I would never have thought that 5 security personnel would have been adequate to secure the consulate in Benghazi, yet, some genius - Ms. Lamb? - thought it was sufficient.

Since you're too lazy to get the facts straight, let's help you out, shall we?

Maybe you should offer Undersecretary of State Lamb one of your bong hits, eh?

24. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Someone's hitting the bong alright... LOL.

25. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

Every now and then Kucinich hits it out of the park. He just beat Obama's Libya policy over the head.

Al Qeada stronger in Libya because of us.

10,000 - 20,000 unaccounted for shoulder to air missiles.

Obama's intervention unconstitutional.

You go Dennis.