Turkish PM apologizes over 1930s killings of Kurds

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by alan131210, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Midnight Express

Midnight Express New Member

Im really so sorry for Dersim Genocide I wish such things never happen in future no-where...

2. ExiLe

ExiLe Banned

You better apologize from PKK terrorists too. :fart:

3. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

thank you dear , now lets move on to the other ones done towards kurds and lets hope they dont repeat and that kurdish ethnic rights becomes constitutionals .

4. Dibege

Dibege New Member

Thank you Midnight, I wish you the best.
    Take a look at Zama's article, the word 'Kurd' seems to be haram
    http://www.todayszaman.com/news-263...nt-chp-to-apologize-over-dersim-massacre.html

5. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Erdogan surprised me again...big big politician , first the kurds then Armenians im sure

6. Midnight Express

I wouldnt bet on this one.:)

It is almost impossible at the moment....

I think we need some more time and democracy/freedom of speech to see what genocide is and how AG is a genocide...

For Kurdish Issue Im still hopeful
    For AG maybe 10 to 15 years later...

Anyways Erdoğan is really a great politician.Before Erdoğan let alone to apologize for Dersim..It was almost impossible to talk about it...

7. ExiLe

ExiLe Banned

You still didnt apologize from pkk.You can also apologize for Turkish soldiers and police officers for firing back to "innocent kurds" when they ambushed them with land mines and shot from behind.Thats what a democrat such as yourself should do :)

8. Midnight Express

Ben neden ve kimden özür dileyeceğimi çok iyi biliyorum.....Hiç kaygılanma

9. ExiLe

ExiLe Banned

Dile dile.Herkes kendini belli ediyor burda daha iyi.(Everybody's real face reveals by their posts here.)

Think harder and try to find other things to apologize for.Your fascist kurd forum friends will like you more :)

10. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

what s even more strange and funny that it ware the ultra-rightists who forced Erdoğan to recognized this genocide . any comments?

11. ExiLe

ExiLe Banned

LoL @ ultra rightists.Behold! a new political term has just been created.That sounds more like a detergent.

12. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

"Erdoğan on Wednesday apologized for the Dersim incidents, referring to the atrocities as the “CHP's bloodiest legacy.” Turkey was a single-party regime at the time, with the CHP at the helm. CHP leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu didn't apologize in a public response, but said the prime minister should open up all the documents in the national archives for the truth to come out. He also demanded the return of land confiscated by the state from some individuals who were exiled from the city at the time."
    i see , it is part of the bigger game...

13. dudeman

dudeman New Member

I assume peace, forgiveness and endless parties should start in Turkey should tomorrow.

14. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

you give me too much credits, Christopher Panico (Human Rights Watch) used this term years before me... , Turkey: violations of free expression in Turkey
    AvChristopher Panico,Human Rights Watch

15. clarkatticus

clarkatticus New Member

People forget that Turkey is just as much a melting pot as the US. No sitting president of the US is about to apologize for the systematic persecution of the native Americans that happened clear into the 20th century. All of us would like to see Turkey come clean on these issues but the political capital is much better spent on the here and now.

16. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

apologizing is not enuff , but i stay hopeful one day he will give back a large chunk of occupied kurdistan then i will say this guy is a real brave and democracy lover !

i know it is hard for him but he just slammed his main opposition CHP so he should be able to do more for the kurds , and yes for the other nations like Armenia .

CHP is the one that did the killing of Dersim and turkish newspaper hurriyet has revealed Kemal atatutk was very much aware of the genocide , and the number of kills was 70,000 not 13000 .

17. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

here is some good info why he apologizes

18. Glücksritter

Glücksritter Well-Known Member

Do they still live? I think it's a noble gesture, a symbolic act would be nice, but full financial compensation can lead to an argument between lawyers which can break the bridges which he is trying to build.

19. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

some of them yes, but they want sorry form the kemalist mobsters not sure that they get it

20. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

well its a good move , it will stop the CHP an ultra kemalist party from getting to power ever again .

21. alan131210

alan131210 New Member

The apology Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan extended over the Dersim massacres in the late 1930s will make sense only if further steps are taken to address the legacy of the atrocities and the grievances of victims, a prominent advocacy group said yesterday.

The Dersim Associations Federation is not considering legal action for compensations, but the government should introduce a series of other reconciliation measures, including the recognition of the Alevi faith, the group’s chairman Özkan Tacar told reporters in Parliament.

“Tunceli should be renamed back as Dersim. Not only the archives of the prime ministry and the presidency, but those of the General Staff should also be opened. The list of the people who were exiled from Dersim and the girls who were given up for adoption should be revealed,” Tacar said.

He urged the state to also uncover where Seyit Rıza, the leader of the rebellion who prompted the military crackdown, and his comrades were buried after their execution. Places named after “figures offending the people of Dersim” should be renamed, he said, citing Sabiha Gökçen, Atatürk’s adopted daughter who participated in air strikes on Dersim as a military pilot, and the then Army Chief Fevzi Çakmak.

“We demand the recognition of our Alevi faith. Hydroelectric projects in the Munzur Valley [in Tunceli] that would destroy our culture should be halted,” Tacar said. “Only if our demands are met, the apology will make sense.”

Tacar spoke after meetings in Parliament with the deputy group chairmen of the Justice and Development Party (AKP), the Republican People’s Party (CHP) and the Peace and Democracy Party (BDP).

He quoted AKP Deputy Group Chairman Ahmet Aydın as telling them “the AKP is sincere and will persist on this issue.” CHP Deputy Group Chairman Akif Hamzaçebi, for his part, said he would convey the group’s demands to party leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu.

November/24/2011

Source

22. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

very good news for turkey