Syria gassing their own people, so what?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by NothingSacred, Sep 3, 2013.

1. apoState

apoState New Member

If I truly believed we could we could significantly improve the plight of the Syrian people by intervening I would be all for it. But I don’t believe that. We may make things “different” there, but I have no faith it will be “better”. We suck at the “end game”.

2. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

Fwiw they average about a million a piece. We launched 160 at Libya.
    The question is not so much one of costs but supply. Some strategists opine our supply has been depleted and not replaced to the point that getting into a protracted war at this time could be devastating.

While Obama and company claim to not want a long duration event the first people killed by us will be Russians. Unfortunately they just may have something to say about it.

To put it simply your neighbor owns guns. You walk across the street and pump 3-400 rounds into his house and car. You think your neighbor will just shrug it off and go back to sleep?

A limited strike on empty buildings and airfields in Syria makes absolutely no sense. Either they plan for regime change and simply don't want to tell us or they're completely insane.

3. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor

Maybe the US regime doesn't want to oust Assad, but just degrade his air force and anti-missile system prior to the primary goal of "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb, Iran."

4. EggKiller

EggKiller Well-Known Member

That makes more sense than what our leaders are telling us. Provoke Iran in an attempt to get them defending Syria then go full scale crazy on them. Quite a few believe that to be the case, some even champion it openly.

5. Jackster

Jackster New Member

Do you consider China, Russia pro US? Theres many countries which arent Pro US, i wonder why Syria can pick their friends like many other countries do. Ive listened to many US politicians talking about putting in pro US leaders, but isnt it about the poor oppressed people?

I wonder where China gets its resources from. I mean they buy oil at reasonable prices which makes them more than competitive manufacturers - without any war and without needing everyone to be their best pals.

6. Bluebird

Bluebird Well-Known Member

Perhaps a little brushing up on your history is due here!
    There has been a "Tea Party" over the years---just not as extreme right ring as we have seen since the GOPBAGGERS hijacked it in 2008.
    And oh,yes,we are plenty aware of what todays GOPBAGGER party is--Loudmouthed-violent- racist crybabies who don't care about anyone else but themselves

7. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Only after boy George threatened the bejeezus out of everybody with faked intelligence, and using scare mongor words like "mushroom clouds", "smoking guns", etc,etc.....

8. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

Heh, you're funny! That may not be your intention...

I don't know what a "GOPBAGGER" is, but 2008 was the year that the Republicans nominated John McCain, a moderate for President.

9. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

I've not heard of a single US politician talking about putting in pro US leaders in Syria. Who is saying that?

10. Pred

Pred Well-Known Member

Before he was elected president? Oh, you're trolling again, I forget:)