Who Are You Voting For In 2012

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by fineline81, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Who Are You Voting For In 2012

1. Barack Obama

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  2. Mitt Romney

12 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Ron Paul

24 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. Newt Gingrich

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Its simple really.
    If we want the same old, or a slightly different version of the same old, we vote Obama or Romney or Gingrich or Santorum...in that order.
    If we want something different, real hope AND change, we vote Paul.
    Oh, and btw, he is still on the ticket last I checked.

2. HeffDaddy78

HeffDaddy78 New Member

Where's the ABO option?

3. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

Does that even matter?

I'm pretty sure, whoever the majority votes for wins, regardless.

The whole concept of "you need to choose one of these 2 evils" is a scam.

If everyone writes my name in, I could become president, and I am not even running.

(Well, maybe not me, because I am under 35 years old - I think thats a requirement?)

But you get the idea.

4. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

At the risk of sounding stupid...
    ABO?

5. ickypop

ickypop New Member

So you vote for a democrat?

6. sherp

sherp New Member

Any Republican except Ron Paul and won't vote for Obama.

7. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

I am voting for myself.

8. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

I will be voting for Barack Obama unless some better mystery candidate appears between now and November.

I will never cast a vote for or donate a dollar to Ron Paul. I'd sooner burn my money and chop off my hands.

None of the Republican candidates are any good. I would be much more persuaded to vote Republican sometimes if the GOP hadn't hitched their wagon to the Christian right's star.

9. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

Do you dislike Ron Paul, because of things you have heard or seen him do?

Or do you dislike him, because your told to?

Everyone talks about how he is so crazy, find 1 single crazy thing he has done or said.

You cant.

10. Junkieturtle

I don't know if this is the prevailing thought in the Paul camp on why people don't support him, but I assure you, I made up my own mind. I've read his positions, his plans, and trust me, there is no shortage of people on the internet ready to educate us sheep on the messiah Ron Paul.

His foreign policy is dangerous. His domestic policy is basically non-existent since most issues will be up to the states. He will gut the Federal government, and waste his time trying to take down the Fed which will only serve to further erode any progress we've made since the recession. I didn't like him in 08, and I don't like him now. And I'll tell you what, after that little disgusting incident where his supporters cheered about a man dying without medical treatment because they couldn't afford it, and his lack of response at all on the issue, clinched it for me. That's not the man or the ideology I want anywhere near a seat of power.

So, I won't be voting for him.

And forgive me if I'm being presumptuous here, but if you're itching to start typing about how he'll "stand up" to the special interests, run a constitutional government, end the fed, end the wars, yada yada yada, I've heard it all before, because honestly, just about every comment or thread posted by a Ron Paul supporter I read on the internet seems like they are based off of 4 or 5 different templates that people just copy and paste from. I'm not interested in that. I've absorbed the information I need to determine that Ron Paul does not represent any of my interests.

11. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

He wants to end all foreign aid. That's idiotic.

12. birddog

birddog New Member

I am voting tomorrow for Santorum. It was kinda silly to not have him listed as a choice.

13. henrypanda

henrypanda New Member

No need of Fifth opinion Mitt Romney is next

14. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

I can't wait for Mitt and Obama to debate ... :w00t:

15. TheChief

TheChief New Member

He has more votes than the next 2 candidates combined.. looks like voter fraud lol

16. Junkieturtle

Haha yep.

Ron Paul isn't winning, must be voter fraud. It couldn't possibly be that people just aren't voting for him, no sir, it's voter fraud.

17. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

Well, according to this poll, he is winning by a lot.

I dont take any political polls seriously though.

There are no restrictions of any kind on what they can say in polls.

The only reason for polls to be publicised, is to manipulate voters.

And it works.

How many times have you heard someone say...

"Well, I want to vote for this guy, but since he has no chance, I'm voting for that guy"

So if the media does not want someone to win, all they have to do is show that person losing drastically in the polls.

Which in turn, manipulates people into voting for the one of the other two guys.

So they can't control who becomes president, but they can control who doesnt.

I know that sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theory, but think about it.

What other reason could there possibly be for publicising poll results?

18. Til the Last Drop

Til the Last Drop Well-Known Member Past Donor

As a single, childless, working class white male, I am represented by neither Romney or Obama. I supported Paul because by stripping the federal government of the ability to sanction privileges, it would have put all on an equal playing field. I will never vote the "lesser of two evils" again, especially when there is no lesser. One is biased for the rich, the other biased for women and minorities. I have no option to be represented. I buy guns, and wait for the day to use them.

19. CoolWalker

CoolWalker New Member

I am becoming split on my decision. I like Romney but I am also liking things I hear from Santorum. I especially liked his remark that English is a prerequisite to becoming a state and found it funny that the media jumped all over him for that. especially when it is exactly what took place with Arizona and Louisiana prior to their statehood. it was necessary. with PR there courts are conducted in Spanish. That won't work if they ever are to become a state. And only 20% of the people there speak English. Their chances of becoming a state hang on that one thread. Their refusal would mean no statehood.

He has said quite a few things that are beginning to give him an edge up with me. I am simply waiting on him to tone down his religious views. I too am catholic, but those are my beliefs and I shan't push them on anyone.

20. Junkieturtle

Are you voting for who you're going to vote for because a poll told you to? People can be influenced by anything and everything but the choice of who they vote for is always in their hands. Polls are just one of a hundred billion ways that opinion can be influenced, and if you're trying to get that influence out of politics, you're pretty much going to have to ban communication between anyone in an election year.

I do see your point, and it probably does have some effect to one degree or another. But the people influenced by polls alone are already not really taking part in the political process to begin with. For them it's just not important for whatever reasons they have.

Ron Paul is a fringe candidate, despite the fact that he's in the Republican party. People are wary of voting for fringe candidates because there is nothing to really compare them to. There's no record, no precedent, other than what that particular candidate says they'll do. Ron Paul's record in Congress is basically non-existent. People look at that, see he just votes no pretty much all the time, and are just not impressed. I know I'm not. If Ron Paul truly wanted to make some changes, just take into consideration that he could have been suggesting compromises and plans. Maybe they weren't his goals to a T, but compromise is how things get done in government. Instead, he basically just crosses his arms and says "hmmmph, my way or the highway".

Ron Paul is great if you agree with what he says. If you don't, you see very little chance for compromise in him, and I don't want that. I admire his tenacity, I respect his honesty, and I'm sad there aren't more moderate reasonable politicians cut from the same cloth. But he's just too out there for me and most of America.

21. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

I was not suggesting polls be banned, just saying I dont trust them at all.

And your absolutely right about polls only effecting people who dont pay attention, but keep in mind, the majority of people dont pay attention.
    And I feel that the majority is greatly swayed by polls.

As for Ron Paul

I am a huge fan for many reasons, such as the following.

He always votes no, because they are always trying to pass a something that either reduces citizens rights, or increases taxing.
    (no one has ever tried to pass a bill that the people will benefit from, hence Pauls inevitable "NO")

He has never changed his mind about his beliefs.
    People may view that as un-comprimising, but this fact makes him honest. (an honest politician?!?!?!?!)
    He says what he feels, regardless of popularity, and he is usually correct in the long run. (people just refuse to accept it)
    As oppose to every other politician, who changes their mind drastically every half an hour, depending on what they think people want to hear.

Every allegedly crazy opinion he has had, was nothing further than following the constitution, instead of wiping his ass with it.
    People think its crazy, because they don't understand just how far we have strayed from the constitution, and they don't realise just how un-free we have become.

If you account for...

Sales Tax
    Property Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    State Income Tax
    Social Security TAX (yes, these days, all it is is tax)
    And Payroll Tax

You are left with less than 30% of your earnings.
    And that 30% is worth less and less everyday because of the governments policy on printing more money when they need to.

If you don't know what payroll tax is...

Basically, if you work for a company, and you pay $20,000 in income tax, the company you work for also has to pay $20,000.
    At first glance, it may seem like tough sh*t for your company.

But that is not the case.
    Your company accounts for payroll tax, when they decide your salary.
    This means you actually pay $40,000 in income tax.
    So if your company did not have to pay payroll taxes, they would pay you an additional $20,000
    (Its basically just a sneaky way of doubling income tax)

All Ron Paul wants to do, it limit all that BS.

No, he does not want to give free healthcare, and all that crap.

But unless your a complete moron, you will know, there is no such thing as free anything.

Maybe Ron Paul is not the right guy, but he is the only person in the last century who stands for the people, instead of big government, and big corporations.

At this point, I seriously doubt change will do any harm.
    And lord, do we need a change.

22. Junkieturtle

You simply can't say with any accuracy whether companies would pay their employees more, or just pocket the extra money if there was no payroll tax.

And your estimates are way off. My paycheck sees about 23% taken out of taxes, give or take. Property tax is completely dependent on owning land, so not everyone pays that, and that's also a local issue, not federal, and Paul wouldn't touch that. Everyone pays sales tax.

This may be a minority position, but I enjoy paying my taxes, for the most part. I don't enjoy seeing it get wasted, nor do I support excessive taxation, but right now I pay a very decent amount in taxes, and if it came down to having to pay more, I would. I know I'm not going to agree with every single thing that government spends my tax money on, but that's a silly expectation to have in the first place. As long as the majority of things are okay with me, I support it. Doesn't mean you have to, or the next guy, that's just my take on it.

23. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

I said 20%, how is that way off from 23%?
    (20% x 2 = 40% + Property and sales tax = ~60-70%)
    The fact that you dont understand that, is how the government gets away with taxing in excess of 70%.

And yes, the majority of employers would pay more.
    In order to get good help, employers need to be competetive.

They assign a value to their employees based on what that employee deserves, and what they can afford to pay that employee.

Then they deduct payroll tax from that number, and thats your salary.

Sure some employeers may keep some of the savings for themselves, but definitely not most.

I own and operate my own business, as does my brother, and both of our parents had their own business's.

And not only us, but as business owners, we interact greatly with other business owners, and the general concensus is...
    Payroll tax is part of an employees salary.

I am fine with the whole idea of taxes.

The problem I have with taxes, is that the majority of my money is wasted, blown on corruption, or given to failed companies.
    I am a business owner just like GM, if my business failes, my employees and I are SOL.
    Why is it ok to take my money, and give it to someone else?

If my taxes only went to national defense, public schools, police, roadways, civil servants, etc...

I would have no problem with that.

But the fact is, only a small fraction of taxes go towards any of that.

You do know that there was no social security, or income tax untill 1913, right?
    Somehow we had a military, and police, and pretty much everything we needed from our government.

How did they manage that without income tax?
    Black magic, I guess.

Or maybe they just made sure that your money was only used for valid reasons...

24. The12thMan

The12thMan Well-Known Member Past Donor

Compromise is the problem, not the solution. Every one of those people in DC took an oath to protect/defend/support the Constitution. Most of them don't give a crap about the Constitution or the people they represent.

What are you afraid they will do with their own money if they got to keep it?

Everybody pays property taxes except the homeless. They may pay it to landlords, but they pay it. Since most places have homestead exemptions, chances are that those who rent actually pay more property taxes than those who own their home.

25. fineline81

fineline81 New Member

High Five to all of your comments.

Except that the homeless do pay property tax.
    Its just re-labled as a vagrancy citation.

LOL J/K