Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

Morally baffling.

You want abortion legal do you not? yes or no

2. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Typo, or are you secretly pro choice? ;)

I am not pro abortion. I am pro choice.

3. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

It will be mandatory if they pass this bill. You should be standing up against government intervention into private lives. You should be standing up agianst Ubamacare.

4. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

How are you pro-life for the unborn?

That means if you had five kids…you would only be pro-life for your five kids. LMAO

What about the other millions and millions born?

5. Makedde

I don't stand against Obamacare because I am not an American and I am happy with my UHC over here.

I will stand up against government intervention into provite lives, and why are you opposed to this when you believe its okay for the government to force women to have an ultrasound and ban them from having abortions?

6. Rapunzel

I explained the typo Mak. You're a mod, act like one.

7. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

You are pro-abortion

8. Makedde

You mean the starving children in African countries? Yes, what exactly are pro lifers doing to help these children? Oh yeah, nothing. Because those children have been born and are therefore nobody's problem.

9. Rapunzel

Evidently you haven't read the thread or any of my previous posts, do so and then get back to me.

10. Makedde

It was a joke. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I am pro choice. If I am pro abortion, I can rightfully say you are anti choice.

11. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

WEll what are the pro-aborts doing for them…….just aborting the? That is YOUR ANSWER. And you say your not pro-abortion…..come on who are you fooling? Not me…I think yourself.

I fund a child through WorldVision…and I do my part and have for years…

Your not pro-abortion you say….and then say that the kids in AFrica would be better off dead…..BECAUSE WE PRO-LIFERS WHO DONT WANT ABORTION ARE NOT DOING IT ALL…SOLVING THE WORLDS PROBLEMS THAT YOU ALSO HAVE BEEN A PART OF CREATING.

If you are so pro-life…what are you doing?

12. Makedde

You help ONE child out of millions. Sorry, helping one child isn't enough. Pro lifers care about children so much, they should be devoting all their time and money to helping them.

And yes, many of the kids in Africa would be better off if they had been aborted, because they would never know the pain and agony of dying of starvation.

13. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

Oh honey…..you got me right I AM PROUD TO BE ANTI-CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO ALLOWING THE LIVES IN THE WOMB TO LIVE.

I AM ANTI-CHOICE AND PROUD OF IT.

You need however to embrace your pro-choice/abort label. Tell me…is there something wrong with abortion Makedde?

14. Makedde

Pro choice and pro life are the two correct terms to use.

You say you are proud to be in favor of allowing lives in the womb to live, but what about when the baby is born into poverty and there is not enough food or water? Where are the lifers then? Picketing abortion clinics, thats where.

AnnaK and (deleted member) like this.
  15. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

I do not have to defend what I do…and brag about it either. So I will tell you this much.

I double tithe to my church…we are big on missions and send thirteen families around the world that help the poor. I support my little daughter I call her from Somalia…I work at two Crisis Pregnancy Centers and work at my states Right to Life office. I also work with a group called Silent No More..and we go out to talk to people who are suffering from past abortions.

Although I am blessed to be able to help people both at church and community…I am not a millionaire and I can't just leave my family to move across the world to physically do a part.

You are not only pro-abortion you are like Sanger was…a eugenist. Kill the poor…how sad your worldview is.

To presume…that you know what is best for someone. They say the happiest places on earth are where the people are the poorest.

16. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

But where are you? What are you doing?

17. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

Oprah was born into poverty…as many people around the world have. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO WISH THEM DEAD…BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU THINK MIGHT HAPPEN…..

You are not only pro-abortion but also pro-killing the poor around the world.

18. churchmouse

churchmouse New Member

What are you doing for poor people.

There have always been poor people….Jesus was not born to wealthy parents…

What are you doing to help?

19. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

You most certainly can. I made the CHOICE to have my children. Under other circumstances, I might have CHOSEN not to. I'm not pushing other women to have abortions. If they make that decision, I want it to be safe and legal for them because I think women are intelligent beings who are able to make decisions just as rationally as men.

Any woman who gets to the point of terminating a pregnancy KNOWS WHAT SHE'S DOING. She doesn't need somebody who thinks she's an inferior being and is putting the value of HER life and welfare beneath that of a fetus trying to SCARE her into changing her mind. There's no pro-choice person following her around trying to make sure she doesn't change her mind or telling her all the awful things that are going to happen to her if she does NOT have one.

In my very personal opinion, pro-life zealots have no respect for women and have no idea what "sanctity of life" really means. If they did, they'd respect a woman's right to life and be rabidly anti-war and anti-death penalty. And they'd be rabidly against clinic bombings and killing doctors and wouldn't treat the fruitcakes who do these things as heroes.

Also in my very personal opinion, the pro-lifers have seriously overstepped this time and are going to get the shock of their lives. They think they can change the world by getting just enough of their crackpots into the state legislatures to ram these laws through but the problem is they don't represent the majority of the people in their states. Women are mobilizing all over the country - and especially younger women who have ALWAYS had the right to make their own decisions - and there's no way in Hell they're going to sit back and let a bunch of women haters and religious nutters send them back to the 1800s.

20. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I said "I don't believe in abortion FOR MYSELF." Editing to get the soundbite you want and have something to faux argue about?

21. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

So I take it you'd accept ANY deformity with no thought to what it would mean to the baby or you and your husband and your other children? It wouldn't matter that you'd have to spend most of your life in a hospital watching your baby go through endless operations and pain and suffering while somebody else raised your other children? Or that it would bankrupt you very quickly and you'd be unable to provide your other children with a decent standard of living? If so, you're a harder woman than I am. I love the children I have and they have my first loyalty. But I guess that's hard for a pro-lifer to understand given that the other children are alive and aren't entitled to anything.

22. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

Yeah! I have been to those countries and seen those "missions". The churches are usually pristine huge affairs with hovels and shanty towns built next to them. The "missionaries" out giving out bibles and platitudes rather than real help. Reporting back to mother church places that are trying to help women by making safe abortion an option over mutilationd

As for your last comment - I can only shake my head

[​IMG]

Whilst it is true that people, even in the direst circumstances can find something to laugh about - that does not mean they are "happy" - not with the disease burden that many of the poorest areas in the world suffer

23. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Nobody's against an ultrasound - they're against the state mandating a medical procedure that only affects women and is normally and routinely done anyway. We aren't stupid. It has nothing to do with women's health. They don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) about women's health - especially LIVING women. It has solely to do with the pro-life agenda and is the worst mistake Repubs have made since Bush invaded Iraq.

There's just been a PAC formed in Virginia called "The Women's Strikeforce" specifically to go after any member of the legislature who votes for any of these bills - the ultrasound or "personhood" bill - and make sure they don't return after the election. These same bills were being brought up in Alabama, Pennsylvania and Arizona and the public outcry has caused them all to start furiously backpedaling and whine "But..but we didn't really mean it!" And they're ALL legislatures with Republican majorities so they'll have nobody to blame but themselves when they're thrown out on their ugly misogynist butts.

You'd honestly think they'd have had more sense than to start a fight like this against America's women in an election year.

24. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Obamacare has absolutely nothing to do with this and I don't know how you could possibly think it does. Obamacare does not have mandates to force invasive procedures on women - or men, for that matter - that serve no purpose whatsoever except to further the pro-life agenda.

And we ARE standing up for government intervention into women's lives - a march on DC and state capitals and a PAC that will target every person in the legislature who votes for these anti-women bills. The mangy cowards are already ducking and running in other states who thought they could sneak through this disgusting crap.

25. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I can't speak for Makedde, but I'm minding my own business and letting people choose how to live their own lives without my interference because I think I know their circumstances better than they do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.