Students Who Refuse to Affirm Transgender Classmates Face Punishment

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wake_Up, Feb 21, 2013.

1. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I am a Christian- conservative.... and while I do, as a Christian, object to it.... I realize I can't judge them for what I believe is their sin. Heck, even if I did, it would do more to push them away from Christianity than it would convince them that Christianity is the way. So when it comes to gay issues.... I argue based on my economic objections to the gay agenda.

This isn't about rights, it's about gays trying to force private insurance companies to extend spouse benefits for same sex partners. That is an economic burden someone has to pick up.... ie - current policy holders.

So, agree with that position or not, that's ok. I understand people don't always agree with one another, but not once have I argued on here "my God tells me to not like gays so I don't support it.

my non-support of gay agenda based off my religious views is private.....
    my non-support of gay agenda based on economics views is what I argue.

2. Ex-lib

Ex-lib Well-Known Member Past Donor

From my viewpoint, this crazy "transgender" decision is not good for the health of society.

3. Ex-lib

Ex-lib Well-Known Member Past Donor

There is no more useful book in the history of man than the Bible.
    It is largely useless when not interpreted spiritually instead of literally. :)

4. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bigotry, much like racism, only applies to the anti-progressive liberal agenda.

If it aligns, they call it "progress".

5. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Bingo bluesguy. And they are failing their argument on the merits quite badly..

6. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

As the APA points out a person's psychological gender is far more important than they anatomical gender. This isn't an "agenda" issue unless we look at as doing that which is best for the person (child). It's hard for me to understand why anyone would be opposed to what's in the best interest of a child. A young biological boy that thinks like a girl, dresses like a girl, and behaves like a girl should not be treated like a boy when they're at school nor should other young girls be concerned about another child that thinks like a girl, dresses like a girl, and behaves like a girl around them.

What I believe we're seeing is adult prejudice with an agenda as opposed to the actions of the school districts that are basically following the advice of the APA which are expected to provide expertise in the issue as they have done on the link I provided. Obviously if the "parents" brainwash their children into believing this is wrong based upon their prejudice then the childred will probably believe it's wrong but if we eliminate the patental prejudice the children will have no problem with it at all.

7. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

The hedonistic public teachers want to punish students who are uncomfortable around these freaks.

So this is lib adults abusing children who do not subscribe to the lib agenda.

8. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

That's because any professional who disagrees with that cabal will lose their license to practice...

The GLBT Agenda now owns science itself, or hadn't you heard?

9. sec

sec Well-Known Member

not at all

when conservatives push forth their beliefs it is punitive and indoctrination

when the left pushes forth their beliefs it is enlightenment.

10. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

11. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Yes. Vouchers for home schoolers.

12. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because in this issue, similar to many other issues, special considerations are made for one child (the perceived victim), by victimization of other children.

The expectation that societal groups continually alter established decency standards, for the sake of a select few is the issue.

THEY ARE a boy.

Kids may think they are super human, but that doesn't mean we should punish those people who prevent the child from jumping out windows.

Because the APA doesn't have an agenda? We need to get back to the concept of "normal" being not only acceptable, but desirable. Continually expecting that the majority bow to the minority, and worse be adversely affected, is a lost cause.

13. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Any boy exhibiting these attributes has a serious psychological problem and should be under the care of a mental health professional.

It is not normal for a boy to act and dress like a girl. If his psychological gender is female then there are serious psychological issues that need to be addressed.

14. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

We are talking quite a lot about these delusional so-called transgender kids [self-haters] but very little about the harm done to normal children by forcing them through words or example to go along with that delusion as "normal". The potential for that young mind to use that mixed-message in other areas of his or her life is ...stunning to ponder...

Sue parents of Massachusetts kids...sue your school system. Do it last week.

15. Shiva_TD

http://www.webmd.com/sex/gender-identity-disorder

The children that are addressed are already "transgender" and would have already had extensive counceling by medical professionals. The purpose of the counceling is NOT to force the child to be something they're not but instead focuses on what is best for them individually. The professional medical services are about helping the person (child) live with the person they are as opposed to trying to force them into conforming to their anatomical gender role.

The fact is that some boys should have been born as girls and some girls should have been born as boys. Their psycologicaly "disorder" is related to dealing with this fact by the person (child) and it's not about there being anything wrong with them.

There is nothing wrong with the children but instead there is something wrong with our society for not accepting them for the wonderful people they are. What annoys me is the bigoted prejudice against the children.

16. RPA1

Nice slight of hand....Ignoring the child's history and the child's family history leading up to the 'transgender' diagnosis. Most of the really messed up people I have come in contact with have had decades of counseling. I sometimes wonder which came first, the mental disorder or the counseling. Yes...most mental health professionals are honorable people but even their organization seems a bit off kilter.

From part of your post...

As the APA points out a person's psychological gender is far more important than they anatomical gender.

I think that is either born out of abject stupidity or is specifically designed to SUPPORT homosexuality over heterosexuality. Anyone who actually believes that tripe is a hopeless dupe. How can any fair minded heterosexual or homosexual agree with this steaming heap of manure?

Our psychological gender and our physiological gender are intertwined. One is not separate from the other. One is not more important than the other (as APA seems to want to shove into our dark recesses).

A child born as a man who wants to live as a girl is a cross-purposes with his anatomical gender. There is definitely something aberrent with a child like that. It doesn't make them good or bad it just is. However, my theory is that sexual drive spans the gamut between male and female.

There will always be a scant minority that for some reason or another are born with definite opposite sexual gender identification but, those are the 'outliers'....The rest (majority), I believe, fall somewhere in between.

Now, we know that the brain affects hormonal flow and visa versa. A strong hormonal surge with its typical emotional charge can, I believe, create new neural pathways that could cause someone (especially a boy going into puberty) born with maybe a bit less male, (I'll say 'gender' for lack of a better word) to be swayed by biased outside sources. Like the APA....

17. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

There is no psychological condition that warrants amputation of healthy organs and body parts as "part of a healthy treatment plan".

None. The APA and other medical "professionals" are dead wrong about this. Completely off the mark.

18. Sab

Sab Active Member

All conservatives are experts on all Psychological issues.They don't need to have studied anything.

19. RPA1

I doesn't take an expert to deduce that if one has to study in order to identify their sexual gender, there is a serious psychological conflict at the very least.

20. RPA1

Like I said they are either morons or being outright notorious in their support of homosexuals over heterosexuals. The next time you read some article written by a so-called 'mental health professional' or 'counselor' just remember that the APA guides their diagnosis, practice and treatments.

21. Shiva_TD

Their psycological problems are predominately a result of social rejection and oppression. How many "Christians" have openly condemned homosexuality on this forum for example calling it abhorent behavior instead of simply accepting it as a personal choice? Homosexuals in America face severe oppression and discrimination overall so of course they develop mental issues related to themself. Remember that "most" (I tend to assume) Americans are trying to lay guilt trips on homosexuals and that does have a negative affect on them. Why can't people just accept others for who they are without judgments based upon bigotry?

Mental health professional don't make a moral judgment and don't support either over the other. They deal with the person regardless of whether they are a homosexual or heterosexual person. We see this distortion of the truth in another situation where many that oppose same-sex marriage say that the gays and lesbians want "special rights" when, in fact, they merely want the identical rights afforded to opposite-sex coupled. They're not asking for preferential treatment but instead are demanding the same treatment that opposite-sex couples have.

This sort of hinges on what definition of "aberrant" is being used. If it's limited to a deviation from the norm then it's acceptable but if it implies something that "isn't right" (also a definition of aberrant) then it is insulting and false. There is nothing "wrong" with homosexuality although it is different than the norm and only represents a small minority of individuals.

The decision of the school board only addresses that very small minority of cases. It doesn't address a student that merely has homosexual tendencies.

There have been some religious organizations that believe they can "reprogram" a homosexual person because they believe that homosexuality is morally wrong. They attempt to brainwash the individual into also believing that their homosexuality is morally wrong (creating a huge guilt trip for the person) and these "programs" have generally been disasterous for the person subjected to them. Many later commit suicide after living in extreme psycological conflict for years after this intensive brainwashing. These programs are often referred to as reparative therapies or sometimes called gay conversion therapies.

Because of the severe adverse effects often resulting in the programs California outlawed them for teens in 2012. Parents can no longer force their teenage children into these programs as they are considered to be a form of child abuse.

http://cnnradio.cnn.com/2012/10/02/fixing-gay-teens-outlawed-in-california/

22. sec

sec Well-Known Member

oh good grief

since the inception of the earth it has always gone through cyclical climate changes. We all have learned about the ice age and subsequent warm period.

I do not think anyone would dare say the climate does not go through natural cycles.

Now, back on topic. I agree that it is a cult where they are willing to mutilate a person instead of treating the psychological disorder

23. Shiva_TD

The APA does not support homosexuals over heterosexuals nor should anyone else. The two are equal and should be treated equally by everyone. Supporting heterosexuals over homosexuals is just as wrong as supporting homosexuals over heterosexuals. There is no difference from a humanistic standpoint. The problem today are those that address homosexuality as if it was wrong subordinating it to a lesser classification than heterosexuality.

A perfect example of this is revealed in the decision of the 9th District Court of Appeals ruling on Prop 8 when it declared Prop 8 unconstitutional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8#Perry_v._Brown_.28on_appeal.29

24. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Don't know too many conservatives who support green energy and universal healthcare...and who voted democratic in the last 8 presidential elections and all the midterms in-between.

You don't need to study anything to instinctively, viscerally, cognitively or otherwise realize that anyone who is about amputating their healthy body parts, vital organs of the urinary & reproductive tract, or anyone who assists or facilitates that in someone else is suffering from extreme mental delusions or undue pressure from a governing board of the APA...

25. RPA1

Not according to the statement by them you posted earlier which alluded to psychological gender being more important than physiological gender. To simply say that the APA does not support homosexuals is evading what I posted.

The two are NOT equal. Homosexuality only represents 2% of of the population, homosexuals cannot procreate with each other, homosexuals are living in opposition of their natural-born physiological gender, heterosexuals are not.

There is no violation of either due process or Equal Protection in banning gays from marriage because any man and any woman can have a State recognized marriage as long as they marry a person of the opposite sex which is a long-established societal and legal precedence. What Walker did was to grant special rights to one group (Homosexuals) to take over the institution of another (Heterosexuals).

BTW the 9th circuit Court has been historically mostly liberal and Judge Vaughn Walker (who overturned Prop 8) is GAY which the 9-circut Court said was not a problem. That's just B.S. His decision is scheduled for review June 2013.