Texas, secede!

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by FixingLosers, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Kurmugeon

Kurmugeon Well-Known Member

No, it is much more an observation on Hollywood and Lucas Films / Industrial Light and Magic / Pixar. The "Product" of Californias Cinema industry is one of America's Largest Export items, though unfortunately, much of the world simply steals it.

I consider Bill Gates a Tech/Programer turned CEO businessman.

I think that he is a Liberal, particularly in light of his "No Whites Allowed" Scholarship program. That kinds of racism only finds a home among Liberals.

You're confusing several important issues in your "Studies".

First, having a degree does not make you educated. You can be educated without a degree, particularly in practical things, like Modern Agriculture, Welding, Machining, IT, Consturction, Robotics...

You can have a degree and still be a useless moron, look at all the people with degrees in "Ethnic Studies". Just what job do you get with that degree? Official Company Racist?

Liberals are more likely to have a State College degree, because the Liberals have taken over our college campuses and done the whole Political Correctness thing for forty years.

That doesn't make them Intelligent, or Educated, it just makes them Bigoted.

Corporations, Factories, Labratories, Mines and Farms don't need people with Liberal Arts degrees and a huge superiority / political correctness attitude. They need people with practical knowledge and a good work ethic.

Your whole "Studies show Conservatives are low IQ" is just propagand baloney.

Just keep patting yourself on the back, while the Free Republic of Texas starts building new factories, Labs, mines, fisheries, and farms, and sucks all of the Doers from the Blue States.

Tell me, how will Liberals get their Tofu without those lowly truck drivers? Do you have the slightest CLUE how to double clutch an 18 wheeler? Do you really believe that a modern truck driver can be illiterate?

In time you'll start to appreciate people of Practical Education.

-

2. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

California has the most welfare recipients in the country.VOTED OBAMA
    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_tot_rec-economy-welfare-caseloads-total-recipients

Missouri has the biggest meth problem in the country.VOTED ROMNEY
    http://voices.yahoo.com/missouri-now-number-one-meth-producing-state-4612597.html?cat=71

New Mexico has the lowest standard of living.VOTED OBAMA
    http://isteve.blogspot.com/2005/05/standard-of-living-by-state.html

Man, 0 for 3.

Try harder next time retard.

3. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

They easily would once they would not have to pay into federal income tax, medicare, medicaid and SS.

4. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Tell us all what Religious fanatics have done to make yer life worse or
    less economical or open to individuality.
    Big Brother Government LIVES to diminish Individualism.
    Do you have an inkling as to what yer griping about.

5. Kurmugeon

Kurmugeon Well-Known Member

I know allot of low end professionals, IT people, techs, welders, machinists, truckers, mechanics, grocers...

That's were I live and work. I have a reasonable education, and a vast store of real world knowledge and experience.

I spent 11 years working in Los Alamos National Labs doing nuclear science as a Technicial/Engineer/Programmer.

Before that I worked for 12 years a Military Contractor and R&D Tech, after four years of Active Duty Military.

I've known and worked with all sorts, from non-degree'd Welders to PhD. Physists to Business Administrators.

None of the Trades People I've known were particularly religious. A few Catholics who go to Mass most Sunday's, but lived their lives in a tolerant and pragmatic ways.

Of all the people I've known, the ONLY Religious Fanatics I've run into were Liberals who were sycophantically worshiping at the Altar of State and Political Correctness.

Liberalism IS a Religion!

A very jealous, intolerant, dogmatic, and totalitarian Religion.

-

6. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

An interesting commentary from Right Wing News in Texas.

http://www.rightwingnews.com/democrats/changing-demographics-threaten-republican-texas/

As this last election has shown the Republican Party as a whole has disenfranchised the Hispanic community and this is true in Texas as well as across the nation. The Hispanic population of Texas is growing at a faster rate than any other demographic and the idea that Texas as a state is going to remain a Republican stronghold is really a mythical belief held by this small number of extremist group of fundamentally ignorant conservatives. Even in the above link the error is in the belief that the demographics are "threatening Republican Texas" because the problem is that the Republican Party is threatening Texas with it's myopic political agenda that excludes virtually anyone but extremist white males.

7. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

I agree. Tempers are way too high right now, and nothing would calm people down like seeing Americans killing Americans. Scatter 20,000 Texan corpses around Texas and the political rhetoric might finally be dialed back. As long as they are mostly the idjits (collateral damage is inevitable), it would be worth the loss of life.

8. Craftsman

Craftsman Banned

I say let them go.
    It would be nice to get that millstone from around our necks.
    Go, texas, go now.

9. Craftsman

Craftsman Banned

You got it.
    The smart money, which is all of it, will flee TX as fast as it could.
    No one would move to TX.

10. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Well... crazy despotic people would stay in or move to New Texas.

But there is nothing which tells me that the NEW Texas would be anything but a miserable wreck-of-a-nation.

11. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

I suspect the Texas national guard would be sufficient to deal with dopers and illegals. Too much of this discussion seems to assume Texas infrastructure could not be changed or improved as needed.

12. Johnny-C

First, they'd have to maintain that national (state) guard; a LOT of what they have and keep up is provided by the Federal Government. The hidden troubles and pitfalls of a State seceding, are likely myriad.

13. JIMV

Just like 1861, folk favoring freedom would simply go one way and the parasites the other. In such a situation, Texas wins and the rump SA loses.

14. Johnny-C

You're assuming too much (if you think that's how it will really work out).

15. Craftsman

Craftsman Banned

Of course the insane would move there, hell most are there now, but they don't have any money, they are the welfare queens they whine about.

16. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Interestingly enough, the man who once talked about secession, then ran for the nomination to become president of the country that he wanted to secede from no longer supports secession.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...tition-on-white-house-website/comment-page-4/

An appeal calling on the federal government to allow Texas to "withdraw from the United States of America" following President Barack Obama's re-election doesn't have the support of the Lone Star State's governor, his office said in a statement Tuesday.

"Gov. [Rick] Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it," his press secretary Catherine Frazier wrote in a statement. "But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government."

The petition, which had received nearly 65,000 signatures by mid-morning Tuesday, cites continuing "economic difficulties stemming from the federal government's neglect to reform domestic and foreign spending" as the reason for the proposed secession.

Now I am sure we are all aware that the petitions are pretty much meaningless, political fluff to make people feel lie they are somehow involved in the government, but looking at the Texas petition, there seems to be a lot of folks all over the country that wants Texas to go away.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/BmdWCP8B

17. JIMV

It would be a slow moving change and yes, just like in 1861, folk would move in both directions. I figure business would only move in one, except those that exist to support the welfare state.

18. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

Texas was once a republic when it seceded from Mexico in 1836 just after the Mexican War for Independence as Spanish control of the New World weakened and it was peacefully incorporated into the US by President John Tyler in 1845 after Mexico's repeated attempts to retake Texas by force and being a part of the US serves Texas' security needs.

19. OLD PROFESSOR

OLD PROFESSOR Member

By all means be sure to appoint Perry king. Y'all deserve each other. Except for Austin, Houston, San Antonio - and other liberal bastions. I have always loved that the capital city of Texas is one of the more liberal places in America. Sure must be a trial for the Governor and a whole bunch of legislators.

20. JP5

JP5 Former Moderator Past Donor

Texas is not seceding!

People are signing that petition out of frustration. Frustration for the prospects of the next 4 years and the misery our nation is experiencing with no light at the end of the tunnel for now.

21. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

Texas will reach the 30,000 signatures before any other state, and that mandates the president a response.

That will be seen on media, so patience.

22. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

I overheard the following conversation a few years ago:

Little kid to his dad: Who won the Mexican-American war?
    Dad: Well, who has Texas now?
    Little Kid: Oh. So Mexico won.

23. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have NO DOUBT that there are at least 30,000 dummies red necks in Texas. After all, that's just above 1% of the population, not exactly a landslide! . .But I also believe that there are FAR MORE reasonable people in both parties and that they will by far outnumber (by 25 millions or more) the dummies!

24. Junkieturtle

Junkieturtle Well-Known Member Donor

But then we'd have all the Texan's trying to illegally immigrate to the United States! ;)

Would almost be worth it just to laugh at the irony. Almost.

25. OLD PROFESSOR

OLD PROFESSOR Member

Congratulations to you, Lone star state. Long may your star be alone.