Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by lolcatz, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Zook

Zook New Member

I just want to inform you that I'm not your typical non-black person here. You're talking to me as if I'm just another White person that goes by statistics and nothing else when it comes to blacks. I'm not. I've spent practically my whole life living in majority black neighborhoods/cities. I see the way they behave and act every day of my life. It's got a lot more to do with it than past oppressions.

I'm aware of all that actually. One thing I'm not sure whether you're aware of is blacks tradition of not reporting violent behavior to the police. I'm sure you've heard of "snitches git stitches?" This is why you cannot always go by statistics and why personal experience is everything. I know for a fact that the vast majority of violent black behavior doesn't get reported. And that's an understatement.

Blacks are violent and homicidal all over the planet. In England, blacks are even more violent than in the USA and Brits tend to pander to every whim of black "people."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/oct/11/black-prison-population-increase-england

This is why I say Martin Luther King is the cause of the black crime epidemic sweeping America today. Violent black crime isn't as complex as you want it to be. Blacks are naturally just a lot more violent and uncivilized than all the other races. It's got nothing to do with slavery or oppression. Remember, you're talking to someone that's known more black "people" personally in my life than all other races COMBINED... including my own. You can't pull the wool over my eyes.

Maybe the Whites instantly knew blacks were no good as soon as they laid eyes on them. Maybe... just maybe... blacks couldn't control their violent tendancies and earned their reputation back then just the same way they do today. That is a possibility.

Also, if blacks didn't want to be slaves then they need to blame the black African kings and queens that sold them to the White man as such. Slavery isn't just a one way street.

I don't know. I'd hate to be in your position. But I wouldn't be so quick to blame racists. I'd be furious at my own people before I blame a group of people that dislike negative behavior.

2. saturn

saturn New Member

What city are you in? Where I'm living, what you are saying about Black people doesn't apply to most of the Blacks I encounter.

It isn't just Blacks that do that. Go read about the Chinese Triad gangs in San Francisco.

Not all Blacks are violent all over the the planet. A subculture of Blacks are violent. And by the way, it isn't just Blacks who are more violent in the UK these days. Whites are also getting more violent in the UK. In Glasgow,Scotland, there is a term called the "Glaswegian Smile", where Scottish gang members have taken knives and cut a "joker smile" through the victim's mouth through both sides. And most Blacks who kill often do so to other Black people. So in reality, Blacks are in alot of danger themselves, those who aren't criminals. The roots of Black violence in the UK go back to immigration when Blacks were met with prejudice from White British people. Some people formed gangs. Look at the result today. Workin class British society in general is turning more and more nihilistic, a basically "look out for self and forget everyone else" kind of society.

Black violence has alot of its roots in slavery, oppression, and in many cases, self-loathing. Blacks used to take out their anger on each other and often only each other because while many were mad at White people, the fear was there. Blacks still kill each other and the majority of their victims are Black. The big issue is nihilism. The church has been historically a factor in curbing this. Not as many people are in church these days.

3. Zook

Zook New Member

I've lived in Jacksonville, Fl, Houston Tx and now I'm living in London, England... for now.

The Chinese are, majoritively speaking, nice, quiet, respectful, hard-working, law-abiding citizens.

It's all about percentages and many people view the percentage of black crime being unacceptable in what is supposed to be a civilized society.

4. saturn

saturn New Member

Alot of what they do is underground. There is a culture of shame in the Chinese community. You don't do stupid stuff in public for fear of public shame. I think the "shame" culture is rooted in Confucianism. That is why alot of murders the Triads committ are underground and out of the way. Some of the "massage parlors" don't get snuffed out as easily because in some cases they are disguised as a nail salon. Black criminals do all of their dirt in the light, where everyone and don't care what anyone thinks of them. The Black people who do behave in a civilized manner actually care what White people think of them. To many Black people, to NOT care means to lose things. Meanwhile, many Black people who do live there just try to get out of there.

I went to my father's church on Christmas day(I go to my own church where I live). There was alot of love in his church and people wanted to be around each other and had each other's back. His church has also started a scholarship fund for students who want to go to college. It isn't a megachurch and it isn't alot of money, but the church does it's best. For African-Americans, the church has proven to be a factor in curbing the nihilism and anger that permeates in many African-Americans. What you see in the streets is the very opposite of love and having each other's back. It's a world of "look out for number one and forget everyone else".

By the way, I live in the suburbs of Atlanta, in Cobb County. Where I live, there are alot of Blacks in my apartment complex. I haven't had a problem with anyone of them. There are also alot of Hispanics and some White college students living in my complex. No tensions where I live. People generally try to respect each other. I'm not telling you some pipe dream. I'm telling you what I see where I live.

There is a relatively high percentage of Blacks living in an uncivilized manner, but that is not even the majority. I look at it this way. Civilized, decent Black people are trying to keep away from the Blacks who committ crimes, who do stupid things.

I looked up Missouri City,Texas, a suburb of Houston. It's 40 percent Black, 30 percent White, 15 percent Asian, 14 percent Hispanic. Average median income is over $83,000. Almost 75,000 people and 5 murders total for Missouri City. It's crime rate is average for towns its size.

5. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

You know what I like best about MLK Day followed my Black History Month? It's Big Stick in the Eye of Haters all over the World and it ain't GD thing they can do about it but complain. :mrgreen:

God I Love It, isn't Karma a Son-of-a-Beach? :-D

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

If MLK is the reason for why blacks commit crimes, then Hitler is the reason for why so many whites are serial killers.

See how that logic works?

7. saturn

saturn New Member

Thank you for bringing that. Anyone who is thinking rationally would know that Dr. King was not the reason Blacks are committing crimes. Dr. King did not tell people "go and kill as many people as you can".

If there is any vengeance mentality among some Black people, Dr. King had nothing to do with it. That came from someone who might have misconstrued the message of the Black Power movement. Dr. King worked to make sure Blacks got the same rights as everyone else. That is his contribution, one I am quite grateful for. That is why I celebrate his holiday. It helped ME.

8. Zook

Zook New Member

You two are being simple. This is exactly why I hate debating black "people."

No one said MLK went out and told people to "kill as many people as you can." MLK demanded civil rights and his selfish little speech led to black "people" getting civil rights. Since then the violence, killing, raping, robbing and drug dealing has been through the roof. This is what happens when you give unequal "people" equal rights.

Do you understand now?

It feels like I've explained this over 10 times now.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe the violence and whatnot went up in spite of him and not because of him?

I stand by my statement that if we're going by the logic of MLK being the cause of black violence, then Hitler is the cause of white serial killers.

10. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Bet it won't stop though ... :mrgreen:

11. Zook

Zook New Member

There's just as many black serial killers out there than White ones. Infact, nowadays if a serial killer is on the prowl it's more than likely to be a black "man."

So not only is the statement you stand by stupid and simple-minded. It's also inaccurate.

12. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Never said all serial killers were white though.

13. Zook

Zook New Member

Hitler's actions didn't lead to serial killings.

Martin Luther King's actions of demanding equal rights led to blacks being given total freedom, leading to astronomical crime rates. Blacks need oppression to control them. That sounds barbaric, but your crime/violence rates are not compatable with civilized society.

14. saturn

saturn New Member

So Dr. King is selfish for demanding what Black USA citizens should have had in the first place? I think you are the one who is simple-minded.

And the killing and raping is only occurring in 1.5% of the Black population. The question should be "what is going on with that portion of the Black population"? Same thing that goes on with White serial killers and criminals of any race: Nihilism and lack of care for anyone besides #1.

15. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Nope, but they led to something much, much worse.

Like I said, people did things in spite of what MLK said, not because of what he said and they did it on their own.

16. saturn

saturn New Member

That is the message people like you are I agree on and are trying to educate some other people on. It gets lost on some people.

17. Zook

Zook New Member

Again, I've already explained that your stats (in this case 1.5%) are incorrect because you're only using reported crimes as evidence. Most violent black crime goes unreported due to the huge tradition in the black community of refusing to cooperate with law enforcement. "Snitches git stitches" and all that.

Black citizens do not deserve equal rights. The vast majority of them have proven they are not fit for civilized society. Oppression is the only way to control blacks and make them behave. Either that or send them back to Africa where they belong and they can act up all they like. Too many innocent people are being brutally murdered at the hands of uncivilized blacks who have let freedom go to their heads.

18. Zook

Zook New Member

Because they were given the freedom to by civil rights being granted as a result of MLK's speech... yes. Aren't you listening to me?

19. saturn

saturn New Member

Says YOU. If you try to oppress me, I will form a resistence movement and I will be happy to die for it. I would rather die than live oppressed. That is why Dr. King was willing to die. He was sick of how America was doing things.

You can't make me go back to Africa. I have to make that choice myself. Don't like it, tough. This is the American I live in. I have free choice. You have the right not to associate with me, but if you were to try and run the government, I would try and put up a resistence against, just as many Americans, Black and White, would do.

20. saturn

saturn New Member

Freedom did alot of Black people good. The Black people who were committing crimes were doing so BEFORE the speech.

21. Zook

Zook New Member

When the KKK were in town blacks knew how to behave themselves and wouldn't dare act out. Old ladies were free to roam the streets without fear of being mugged, raped or murdered. Not like today.

I'm not advocating the KKK, I'm completely against all forms of violence, but to say blacks were committing as many crimes before civil rights were granted is laughable.

22. saturn

saturn New Member

Actually, it isn't laughable. Black people were murdering themselves at high rates. Since it was in Black neighborhoods and only Black people were victimized, no one cared what happened to Black people.

23. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

Hold on, I thought blacks were "given" equal rights and freedom by the passage of the Civil Rights Acts of 1964 and in 1968 and MLK's speech was just a formality.

So really, if anyone actions led to black violence its Congress.

24. micfranklin

micfranklin Banned

When you say "vast majority" I think 70% or more, this is completely false. You say blacks don't deserve equal rights and that oppression is the only solution but you fail to realize that if you oppress someone long enough you end up creating something far worse in the end, and any revolution or rebellion in history can vouch for that.

25. saturn

saturn New Member

True. The riots were in response to oppression. Slave rebellions were in response to oppression.