What Don't You Like About The Gay Community?

Discussion in 'Gay & Lesbian Rights' started by 808state, Jun 13, 2011.

1. dixiehunter

dixiehunter Banned

How many times must I tell you?......It's MR BIGOT too you.

You refer to me as MISTER BIGOT.

Did you ever have a paying attention problem in pre-school.?

WRITE THIS WORD ON THE TOP OF YOUR HAND...."MISTER"

2. Catch

Catch Banned

I'd prefer to simply call you "the bigot", and so I will.

3. dixiehunter

dixiehunter Banned

Your a wise-crackin little raskel....I enjoy your snappy type.

Gosh..... I wish your type were around.....If I could find just one......Your type are rare around my part of world.

I would take you places like Hunt'in wild bore, bobb cat, black bear, and mountain lion cat.

4. Catch

Catch Banned

I don't like hunting.

5. devilsadvocate

devilsadvocate New Member

the often rude and standoffish attitude. the brushing off of other people like me with "well he is just a breeder" mentality.

I guess many in the Gay community have built up a defense. this is probably natural due to the prejudice against them, and I would accept it from an older generation of Gays like Takei (who lived though more of it), yet they seem to be less standoffish than the younger generation of gays. The Gay Community for me is Dupont Circle in Washington DC (to clarify and an NOT generalize as much). I find Gay people to be a bit snobby. I was hoping in such a liberal town as the US capital, that the gays would be friendlier, but it is not the case.

6. dixiehunter

dixiehunter Banned

OH come-on....After a short time with me and all my buddies....and those fine southern women, out in the deep Tennessee mountains. Hanging out with mother natures wild beast.....I forgot the Gators if we go hunt in Florida.

You will become a big time hunter.....And I would guarentee you will see things my way.

You will be re-born....And you will shurely change the ignorant red logo on all your post.

7. NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn New Member Past Donor

What is bigoted about not wanting children exposed to and molested by perverts?

8. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

What's NOT bigoted about that kind of commentary?

I'd say that ANYONE who molests a child, is a 'pervert'.

9. NaturalBorn

Great, we are getting someplace then. So, do you believe any opinion that does not agree with your opinion is bigoted?

10. NaturalBorn

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination." -- Leviticus 18:22[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions: for their women exchanged the natural use for that which is against nature. And in the same way also the men abandoned the natural use of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error." -- Romans 1:26-27[/FONT]​
    "Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32[/FONT]​
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." Leviticus 18:22[/FONT]​

11. Catch

Catch Banned

Oh cheers for Biblical verses.

12. Johnny-C

The point is, you can't say bigoted stuff and not expect people to respond.

Beyond that, it would be interesting to see what you think of the topic itself.

"What don't you like about the gay community?"

13. Johnny-C

If you believe that book literally, then live by your beliefs.

What you cannot do (and never will manage to), is impose your belief upon all other people in this world.

If you are going to put that kind of belief in the faces of others, then expect a response or reaction from them.

I see your 'belief', but that isn't the belief of all people... not even of all who are Christian.

Do you take the Bible 'literally' and in its entirety? (I don't.)

14. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Unles it's Anti-Zionist Bigotry .:bored:

15. Johnny-C

Who related anti-Zionist bigotry? (The "gay community"?)

16. NaturalBorn

So you are saying that any opinion that you do not agree with is bigoted. Isn't that awful narrow-minded? I did not say ANYTHING that was bigoted. Just expressing I want to protect children.

17. 808state

808state New Member

So, I'll say that it's apparent that you are a Christian. And that's good and fine. I see nothing wrong with you believing that homosexuality is a sin. Those are your beliefs, that's cool. But do you have to be so nasty about it? I know you're just trying to get what you believe to be the truth out there, but when the way you're going about it won't make anyone want to be a Christian. I mean, I don't think this is how Jesus treated people in his day, and isn't the point to try and follow his example?

I've met many wonderful Christians that believe homosexuality is a sin, but that were always very civil about it, and I learned a lot from them and they have really shown Christianity in a newer light for myself.

18. Johnny-C

No, I'm implying that any person who thinks others must give-in to their beliefs, is wrong. People are going to have different opinions. Just because I see the world in a different way, doesn't mean that others MUST see it my way.

I would not seek to discriminate against "heterosexual" people, just because they ARE heterosexual. I wouldn't say hateful and dehumanizing things against "heterosexuality", just because I'm not heterosexual. I know people are different and I accept that.

People often disagree, and that isn't necessarily "bigotry".

You comment was indeed bigoted; the meaning of what you said. We disagree on that, for certain.

19. Johnny-C

Amen to that!

How much was Jesus like the commentary that many express here within this forum?

Jesus could have eliminated every gay person of his day (and you can bet they were there); but he didn't even mention them specifically. One can only wonder why... if He knew the future, and the hatred for gays supported by His Word... why didn't Jesus address homosexuality in the way that many fundamentalists Christians adamantly (even hatefully) do today?

You see, the character of Jesus is the ONE biblical thing that inspires me. The hatred of many Christians for homosexual people, drove me away from many Christians and Church-ianity. I haven't said much about that, because it can go FAR off-topic in a millisecond.

If I met Jesus face-to-face, I think He might tell me things I don't want to hear per se... but without a doubt, I'm certain I'd recognize that He loved me. With "Christians" and how they express themselves about "homosexuality"... it is typically as if "love" doesn't come into the picture. From that alone, I KNOW that something is wrong, with what they're bringing to the table. :(

20. NaturalBorn

I wasn't nasty unless you consider the truth to be offensive, and children not worthy of protection from perversion.

The medical consequences of what homosexuals do is not only shortening their lifespan and running up medical costs, but the transmission of STDs, HIV/AIDS/ Hepatitis A&B, etc. to the unsuspecting spouse and children is appalling and should be criminal.

"Love the sinner, hate the sin."

21. NaturalBorn

22. NaturalBorn

Jesus would tell you the same thing He told the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4:4-26)

23. Johnny-C

24. Johnny-C

What would Jesus tell you? I can find the quotes to suggest... but I want you to search your own heart.

25. 808state

808state New Member

Except this would only apply to gay men, not all homosexuals. And most gay men don't have an STD, you're only speaking of a minority. Certainly a larger minority than what the straight community has, but a minority none the less. These STD rates are not something that is swept under the rug in the gay community, it's is very much discussed and acknowledged and there are many gay organizations trying to educate and raise awareness amongst gay men about these high rates. And again, we are only talking about gay men here. I'd imagine the STD rates among gay women is lower than that of the straight community.

HIV rates and crime rates are higher in the black community than in the white community, do you believe that that means there is something inherently wrong with being black?

As a Christian, are you against kids being taught about other religions in school? I imagine that would be just as harmful as teaching kids about homosexuality.