Why should you watch Fox News? Because they're non-partisan? No.

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by Ex-lib, Feb 6, 2012.

1. NoPartyAffiliation

NoPartyAffiliation New Member

I watch Megan Kelly on FOX in the morning. She's great. I watch Rachel Maddow on MSNBC with my wife once in a while. She's great too.

I watch CNN during the day. It is most objective. I watched WeinerGate and Wright 24/7 on CNN so the Far Right claims they only show bad stuff about Conservs is bs. The problem they have with CNN is simply that Conservs have been giving them so much more ammo lately.

2. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Shep,Greta, Geraldo, Juan Williams, Lis Weiel, Bob Beckle & that Skeletor Alan Colmes prove that Foxsnews has moved Middle Left.

3. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

You should watch Fox News if you like mental masturbation.

4. gunnar wordon

gunnar wordon New Member

People believe what they want to hear. If they're against abortion, they listen to anti-abortion activists.
    It's that simple.

5. Cal

Cal Banned

Because they are the most honest out of a dishonest bunch. None of them are perfect...or even acceptable....but at least Fox doesn't ignore issues and pat Obama on the back with compliments everytime something happens (positive OR negative).

6. Cal

Cal Banned

Yeah...in a bogus study made by a liberal in a liberal university. That's about as honest as a poll that doesn't actually ask anyone what their opinion is. You must be really really ignorant if your going to base your entire view off some political spin. I can link you to more bogus studies if you want me to debunk your point, you know with lies, like your point has in it...

7. Anti-Liberal Nutjob

Anti-Liberal Nutjob Banned

I like Fox News... it is the most credible of them all. :frustrated:

8. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

Unfortunately, it's becoming increasingly clear that they lack any real journalistic integrity, or even ability. On top of that, any media outlet that attempts to point out mistakes, inconsistencies or outright distortions with what they say is instantly labeled "leftist", or as some kind of sinister media saboteur that is attacking American conservative values, up to and INCLUDING apple pie.

So, in other words, FOX itself has become synonymous with American conservatism. To criticize FOX means to criticize American conservatism, in all its imaginary and indefinable vicissitudes.

In any event, if the information coming out of FOX is innacurate or worthless, then what value can it have, really? Even if their "spin" or perspective on things is pleasing to you or supportive of your values, or is not the opposite of those things, aren't you still put off by the fact that they are spoon feeding you mushy watered-down information?

Are you REALLY enough of a conservative to just bite the bullet and say "I don't care if they lie to me. They are the authority, so I will take what they give me, swallow it with pride, sit up and pay attention, and enjoy it."

?? Are you sufficiently conscious of the nature of your conservatism to just "take it" like a man, just accept whatever they tell you, because they represent authority for you? If so, more power to you, sir.

9. Cal

Cal Banned

Someone has to represent the conservative voice when all other stations have taken a liberal stance. Also they report more than what the liberal stations choose to twist and censor. Obama screwed up today, Fox will tell you straight up, the other stations will butter it up to the point where a major screw up sounds like a innocent accident. I'd rather have the truth, not sure about you lol.

You're one of those who subscribe to the very corrupt reporting of MSNBC aren't you ;)

10. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

May I ask you a question? Because honestly I am not very knowledgeable about American politics, and there is something that has been confusing me greatly.

What is the difference between a "conservative voice", as you call it, and a "liberal voice"?

I mean, for instance, what does the "conservative voice" call for you to do or believe, as opposed to what does the (presumably bad) "liberal voice" call for others to do or believe?

If you were going to say what is the central difference between those two voices, the conservative and the liberal, what would you say it is?

This is a subject I am very fascinated and interested in, however sometimes I get confused and I don't know what side to be on. I get confused, because, for instance, John Boehner or Paul Ryan will say some very strong, logical things that seem very common sense, but then other times that big guy on MSNBC, errr, "Ed", yes, he will say some things that make sense too, like, we should put America to work, create jobs, and not let the Wall Street bankers ripoff the economy and send millions of jobs overseas for super low wages.

But then, Boehner and Ryan don't like the Ed guy, and Ed says bad things about them. So, this is where I get confused. And, woo boy, that Rachel Maddow, she just says some pretty wild stuff, gets me kinda angry, sir.

So again, I was hoping you might be able to tell me what is the crucial difference between the "conservative voice" and the "liberal voice."

Sorry if I was snarky before, I had drank several Jaegers with Red Bull as well as some gin. Ok thanks.

11. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

No takers?

Nobody wants to go out on a limb and try to describe the difference between an American liberal and an American conservative?

12. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

I'm sorry, but were you implying there is a single news media that is unbiased? Because there definitely isn't. I find "most" of the news on fox is a little subtle about their partisan behaviors. Like on MSNBC you will even see overly liberal commercials. To me its just a flood of liberalism that I can't stand. I would much rather have a trickle of republicanism.

13. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

Nothing to see here folks. Just keep moving.

14. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

What Is Liberalism???

15. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

... nothing to see here folks ...

16. Cal

Cal Banned

Different political beliefs really. I was surprised to find this but I think it offers a clear, non-partisan look at both sides and the issues they both believe in.

http://www.studentnewsdaily.com/conservative-vs-liberal-beliefs/

17. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

LoL

Yeah, that is just a slanted rehash of the issues and talking points. I'm just asking you what is a liberal, and what is a conservative.

Anyway, it's good that you've started to do some research and think about the problem... that is a start, sir...

18. Cal

Cal Banned

Although...I gave you an answer...a very non-slanted answer. Which means you didn't even go to the link. Which means your not even interested in an answer. Your playing some stupid little game. Good luck with that, bait someone else noob.

19. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

I don't mind Fox except for the dolts on Fox & Friends and Sean Hannity. Hannity has gotten bored and tired and should be replaced soon. Shep Smith is about as good as it gets as a newscaster.

20. Oxrock

Oxrock New Member

I rarely, hardly ever post. I came here when my favorite political sub forum of the Buffalo Bills message board was closed. I have to say that I know a troll when I see one, and thank you for seeing that one as well! Well done!

21. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Those women on Fox are as smart as they are beautiful. You only have to have an open mind to realize that. But I have yet to hear any Liberals say anything good about Fox, because they are the only station Obama hasn't got under his spell. Click on image to enlarge.

can't get Fox.jpg

22. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

Unfortunately FOX news is not available here so i can only LMAO with youtube videos , i just love creationists , anti abortionists, anti gay rights etc , their entertaining value is just precious.

23. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Fox news is partisan alright— partisan in favor of big business interests. It used to be the Fox news had a few tidbits of good perspectives and realistic news coverage outside the PC liberal censhorship domain, perhaps just to placate the ordinary conservative viewers and keep them watching. But this has all dissappeared in recent years. Fox news is NOT "conservative" any longer. It is neoliberal. Hard working blue collar conservatives are being fed ideology that is not even in their own interests, lied to by Republican politicians about immigration policies, and so much more...
    The only real independant Conservative media left are a few isolated radio stations.

I do not want to sound cliche, but there are basically two types of "conservatives" out there now: Romney and Ron Paul. Take your choice.
    (yes, actually Ron Paul is a Libertarian, but his economic positions are the closest to the traditional popular conservatism before the era of Reagan)

24. midwesterner

midwesterner New Member

The existence and popularity of FOX is possible because the other networks were not honest in their reporting and many people understood this. For example, the story about the phony correspondence regarding Bush's military service that was brought out just before an election. I agree that anyone seeking an accurate understanding needs to watch FOX.

25. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

How much did MSNBC pay you to write that moronic post? :rolleyes: