Unions claim right to work law is slavery

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jackdog, Apr 24, 2012.

1. TaraAnne

TaraAnne Banned

Because it is very true take a look at Texas and all the minimum wage jobs Perry creatd under right to work.

2. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

I worked overseas for several years. Wanna know how? Okay, I paid several thousand dollars for a visa, several thousand dollars for tickets, several thousand dollars for rent...basically, I shelled out a lot of money. I also had 3 degrees and the ability to speak multiple languages.

I highly doubt the typical Hostess worker can do this.

Horse(*)(*)(*)(*)--excuse my French. Your analogy is similar to telling your son that pads are for wussies and sending him out to play football with kids wearing them.

3. Til the Last Drop

Til the Last Drop Well-Known Member Past Donor

Tariffs means a flow of state revenue, which means the BS taxes gotten rid of. Tariffs are an amount American companies now must add onto their overall costs with transportation, and half come home. Outside of any that are strictly labor production or environmentally negative. Tariffs are a tax foreigners wanting to get into the American market must pay, for we are the nation that makes rich men. Not only do they pay, their products can not put out of business American producers upon arrival, protecting our standard of living. Tariffs equal employees market. Tariffs equal more jobs than we have laborers. Tariffs mean employers have to pay workers what they have to, so no such need for minimum wage, as kids and elderly on SS only need apply to flip burgers. Free trade is the greatest treason next to that of the FED, and in a short time, all American nationals will know this truth.

4. independent american

independent american New Member

This is crazy, jackdog. :) It's something that should show anyone that unions are for the most part, greedy and hypocritical. Most unions function like organized crime. They bully and threaten people and companies, and their bosses are fat rich, they make more money than politicians sometimes. Obama is a left winger and he receives big money from unions.
    That's why the liberals will continue to side with unions.

There shouldn't even be unions in the public sector in America, it's unconstitutional. I mean, if those in the private sector have unions so they won't be "exploited", who's exploiting those in the public sector? Are we going to exploit them? :)

Teachers have the biggest and most powerful union. The Teachers Union controls the public schools system. It's a radical left wing organization that specializes in social engineering. They control the textbooks and the curriculum. They start indoctrinating kids at an early age to make them useful idiots for the Left. Unfortunately, it works. Look at most teenagers in urban areas, when they finish high school they vote for a left winger like Obama.

I saw some footage from the annual conference of the NEA. I don't remember what year it was from exactly, but it was recent, the last four or five years. In this sequence, a government bureaucrat is angrily "denouncing" conservatives for and I quote, "opposing and attacking the NEA for implementing its social and economic agenda". So at least he admitted they have a political agenda and that's their priority, not educating children. :) :nana:

Reagan was good at putting public sector unions in their place. He told the air control traffic workers who went on strike to go screw themselves and then fired them. :) That's the kind of Republican president that we need now. Santorum would probably have done the same thing. I hope Romney or Ron Paul if he gets the nomination, will do this.

5. TaraAnne

TaraAnne Banned

Hmmm and corporations are not greedy and hypocritical either??????? Never seen a Union man make 25 million a year!

6. Zosiasmom

I'm digging this. It's like someone took my thoughts and spilled them into someone else's posts...must be the surveillance equipment loaded for free by Microsoft...

7. Zosiasmom

What's a fair, living wage to you?

8. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

9. Grokmaster

Whatever you can negotiate to sell your skills for....

10. Zosiasmom

No, we're not talking philosophical. What, Grok, is a living wage? Give me a number.

11. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

One thing you conveniently forget is that the union doesn't hire these people; the company managers do. The union has a legal obligation to represent them otherwise the union member could sue the union for failure to non-represent. If the company hired good people from the get-go, we wouldn't have many of these issues in the first place. The managers need to learn how to do their jobs properly when it comes to hiring new employees.

12. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

When enough people get tired of being walked on by their employers, unions will make a comeback; history always repeats itself.

13. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

Just when you think you have seen it all from Union Slobs......they acheive new levels of stupidity.......

Right to Work = Slavery.......lol.......the sooner we can sweep Unions, Union Slobs, and their parasitic Bosses into the dust bin of history.....the better.

14. Badmutha

Badmutha New Member

Its never The Union's Fault is it..........

Funny how owners and managers seem to do their jobs just fine prior to unionization........and coincidentally everything goes to pot after unionization.

15. Zosiasmom

Why is it never the union's fault? Everyone has faults. I mean, sometimes I talk too much. That's a fault, right?

16. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Good point. But we didn't educate the new generation to be unique and add value to products. We educated them to be sensitive. And now a new world has been born.

17. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Unions...bad.

Big Business...bad.

Globalization...bad...really bad.

Small Business...good.

Smash Globalization. Kill the viper.

18. Montoya

Montoya Banned

You're not going to get a number, the extreme right thinks workers are "overpaid" anyway. In their minds we all should be worshipping our generous corporate masters for gracing us with a crap paying job.

19. Grokmaster

There is NO SUCH THING. It varies by the individual. You might have a crack habit , while I don't. Your "living wage" will have to include that expense.

The asinine attempt to establish an arbitrary rate that must be paid to an employee, regardless of skill, or effort, is just Marxist rubbish.

20. Grokmaster

The "Pursuit of Happiness" does not provide your happiness, either, Both JOBS, and HAPPINESS< are up to you to pursue, which you are FREE TO DO...it's UP TO YOU TO DO IT...

21. Zosiasmom

Oh, Groky Grok Grok...I mean the average person not trying to own a Bimmer, shooting up heroin, etc. What do you think is an hourly wage that you can rent an apartment (forget about home ownership), have a piece of crap car, money for gas to work, food, and a phone for emergencies?

22. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

looks like you didn't understand the article.

how do you work it out that when the unions say it is wrong for workers to get a free ride on other workers, what they are saying is that work is slavery?

why don't you support non union members negotiating their own wages, terms and conditions, rather than accepting wages, terms and conditions that unions have negotiated on the part of their members?

or do you think that people who choose not to be union members should be entitled to the benefits that union members pay for?

23. Grokmaster

It depends on WHERE and HOW you live. You are not entitled to an arbitrary wage, regardless of your skills or efforts.

You ARE free to make yourself as high value as you can....establishing SCHOOL CHOICE would be a GOOD START in that for some of the most in need of help.

Example: I have an up and coming Widget Company. Two people come to me seeking employment. Thanks ot having my taxes LOWERED, I can hire more help to facillitate more business, more earnings, and then pay more taxes . Woohoo!

Applicant One has a high school education, is reasonably good at widget machine operation, adn is a dependable worker;

Applicant Two has an MBA, and a degree in INternational Marketing, and is a PROVEN sales dynamo;

One will help me make more widgets to sell; Two will sell so many widgets for me , that I will need to hire even MORE Applicant One Types, just ot keep pace with my exapnding customer base.

What would be an appropriate "living wage" for One and Two? The same?

24. Zosiasmom

:(

You're avoiding and I really thought we were building something there. I could tell you harbored strange feelings of like for me...

25. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

You'll find the number listed right beside the arbitrarily determined, much exploited by social engineering central planners....

"American dream"