Students Who Refuse to Affirm Transgender Classmates Face Punishment

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Wake_Up, Feb 21, 2013.

1. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't see many here condemning homosexuals, what I see are pro-gay marriage people calling anyone who disagrees with them 'homophobes' and 'racists' because someone else has an opposite opinion.

Well then they (the APA) are just ignorant and stupid to think you can separate psychological gender identity from physiological gender identity. Homosexuals are either physiological male or female gender. There is no prohibition of them marrying a person of the opposite sex and having State recognition of that bond. The institution of marriage has never recognized psychological gender. This is not about human rights it is about up ending the institution of marriage just to satisfy a special interest.

I have always said homosexuality was 'aberrant' but have been accused of meaning 'abhorrent' by the intellectually challenged, hair-triggered tempered pro-homosexual marriage crowd here on the Forum.

Part of the problem is that anyone who disagrees with homosexuals upending the tradition of marriage is automatically called 'homophobe' or said to be trying to make some kind of immoral judgement.

From your link...quoting the APA...

"Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, there are no findings that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."

That statement is insane on the face of it. A female (for instance) is female because of her endocrine system, glands and also there is a difference between female and male brains.

You have failed to address my main point which is the theory that sexual gender identification is not an absolute accept in cases of outliers and can be changed by outside biased influences.

2. RPA1

Here again we speak in absolutes when there are none. I think a scant minority are actually born with a physiological disorder that dilutes their gender to such a degree that they are incapable of living as their body parts would suggest. That being said, there is a whole majority that fall somewhere in-between male and female. the overwhelming majority are congruent in their psychological/physiological sexual bias (heterosexual) but, for those that are a bit more ambiguous, outside influences can affect their sexuality so strongly that they can go against their physiological attributes.
    Thus, it is deleterious to promote homosexuality as the APA does.

3. sec

sec Well-Known Member

then if it is not a psychological disorder why should we care what the APA says or use them as valid sources?

If it is in fact needed for the APA to get involved, then there should be psychological treatments

they can't have it both ways

4. Indymom

Indymom Well-Known Member

Once again liberals want to change all the rules to accomidate a super low number of individuals. If some kid has a gender issue, they should be allowed to use the teacher's bathroom. Done. Rights aren't being violated and we won't be discussing what a girl is and what a boy is when a vast majority of kindergarteners on up, know what they are and what the difference is.

Use some common sense!!

5. RPA1

The APA says psychological gender is more important than physiological gender. To me, that is an insane statement. I would not trust any mental health professional that ascribed to that because, (as I already posted) physiological gender and psychological gender must be intertwined based on the fact that the endocrine system and hormonal flow can affect the brain and visa versa and that effect probably varies with the individual. Hormones have a profound effect on the human psyche which can result in new neural brain connections. Therefore, it follows that homosexuality could be induced by an outside, biased party. So far, no one here has even addressed that.

6. RPA1

I dunno Indymom, they'd start wailing about the gay kid having to use the teachers bathroom and, I think we SHOULD discuss what constitutes a boy and what constitutes a girl, apparently we have all but forgotten in this liberal, progressive society.

7. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

This is like saying that gold isn't as good as silver because we have roughly 50-times as much silver as gold.

BTW the percentage of opposite-sex couples that marry and are incapable of procreation exceeds the 2% of possible same-sex couples that would marry. We have more old age marriages alone where the couples cannot procreate than all of the 2% of possible same-sex marriages.

The "procreation" argument for marriage has been presented twice in the Prop 8 case and was rejected in both cases as marriage does not require procreation.

As noted the 9th District Court of Appeals reviewed the Prop 8 decision and determined that there was no bias in Walker's decision. That Appeals Court decision is not scheduled for review by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court is also going to hear the DOMA case where the most conservative Federal Appeals Court in the nation (the 2nd District Court of Appeals) ruled unanimously that DOMA violated the 10th Amendment and the 14th Amendment.

It is highly anticipated that Prop 8 and DOMA Section 3 are going to be overturned by the Supreme Court and probably by a unanimous decision in both cases similiar to the Loving v Virginia case.

8. RPA1

The discussion is not about precious metals, you are pettifogging.

The percentage of men that can impregnate another man is 0%. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Procreation is normal and typical for the vast majority married heterosexual couples and has always been part and parcel of the understanding of the institution of marriage.

He's a homosexual, he should have recused himself. A federal district court found prop 8 violated the Constitution only because rights were given then taken away. That is what violated the equal protection guarantee.

9. Sab

Sab Active Member

Personally I would be happy with the' using the teacher's bathroom' IdeaI indeed I have put having a third area up for discussion but the 'anti LGBT' people wouldn't address that and then wanted to talk about beating people up and arresting their parents.

The City of new York has a School just for Kids from an LGBT background who have difficulties in regular school. Unfortunately this is only feasable in a large city area.

10. sec

sec Well-Known Member

please tell me that you jest

11. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hopefully thats a private school, and not funded by the public through taxes.

12. Sab

Sab Active Member

The you will be disappointed :roflol:

13. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

I second that :clap: a major break through :)

14. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Pretty in pink?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarne...m-transgender-classmates-face-punishment.html

The criteria is for trangender students that are living as the opposite gender in almost all of their life and not just at school. That includes dressing like the opposite sex throughout the day both at school, away from school, on school days as well as on the weekends, and I seriously doubt that any young "straight" boy is going to do that. Most homosexuals don't even cross-dress and certainly don't live daily as the opposite sex during their normal life which is the key requirement noted in the guidelines.

As has been noted transgender is not just being homosexual but instead it is a very rare situation even amoung homosexuals. Living as a person of the opposite gender is extremely hard and the person is unquestionably going to be harrassed over it by their fellow classmates. Over one-third (38%) of homosexuals in school report being harrassed during the previous year predominately by fellow classmates (79%) and this is likely to be far worse for a transgender person.

So if a boy wants to deceive the school adminstration by wearing dresses when they go out with their friends on Saturday night, or to the prom, and be interested in dating other boys as opposed to girls then they can knock themself out. I seriously doubt that any will do it because of peer pressure alone and the fact that they would feel like a fool dressing like Klinger in MASH.

15. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Shouldn't we say this person is sick and needs help?

You are trying to rationalize the irrational.

16. Never Left

Never Left Banned

What us real Americans need to do is come up with some lunatic fringe gobbledy gook bovine scat by which we may be indentified with to get special and disruptive treatment at the total inconvienience of every one else.

17. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

These kids have severe mental problems.

Libs are in denial when they try to make them sound normal.

18. sec

sec Well-Known Member

the left has already beaten you to that

19. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Its just Progressive MaO'Bama voting knee jerk over reaction.

20. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

on the serious note about slippery slope problems.... this ruling does open upa lot for situations for (older) kids and if you think someone WON'T take advantage of that, you're insane.

what are the guidelines to be able to "claim" transgender? Is there a punishment if a boy is obviously just trying to get into the girls lockerroom? I mean, if I have no fear of my parents being told of my decision, what stops some kid from just saying "oh, I feel transgendered today, so no, you can't stop me from going in the girl's lockerroom"

neverminding sports situations.

I know, depending on states and districts and whether it's middle or highschool, sometimes, boys basketball and girls basketball/soccer teams run at different times. Meaning a boy could play his season on basketball, then turn around and play another season on girls basketball simply by claiming "oh, I feel transgendered" What if the entire team did it so they could get some extra floor time in preperation for the next season?

You can't simply dismiss these concerns as "oh, you're just homophobic, or ignorant" because kids will do this and these are very real concerns if you are a parent of a girl in school or she plays sports. And with no checks to make sure the system isn't abused, it most certainly will be.

21. Never Left

Never Left Banned

...day late and a dollar short...

22. Indymom

I don't know that they'll be doing that here in Indiana anytime soon. I guess if there is a large number of kids in a specific district that need to be separated....yikes, now that I typed that out, are we really talking about separation? Sounds like a slippery slope. Is the NY school private or public?

Schools should try to make accomidations for individuals that have a disability, disease, mental issue, as best they can without changing rules/structure that works for the vast majority. You don't see schools replacing all their stairs because kids in a wheelchair might feel singled out using the ramp.

23. Indymom

You don't have a 16 year old daughter in school, do you? I do...so hell no! You can't leave the rules of the school to "no way would a teenager do that". Ha! Teens have raging hormones and feel invincable.

24. JavisBeason

JavisBeason New Member

I agree.... no way do I think a 'typical' highschool boy would do that..... I was that average kid who didn't want to make waves so no way I could have worked up the nerve to just 'claim transgender' just to get a peep show.

But I teach elementary now, but I have taught highschool and middle school. There most certainly ARE boys that could and would work up that courage to do it, and not have any issues about people razzing them because they are charismatic enough to say "you enjoy looking at dudes in their undies, I'm good checking out (hawt cheerleader name here) in her undies...."

Peer pressure doesn't work on someone that everyone else looks up to in the first place.

25. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

I was discussing this new law with a group of very young men just out of high school the other day. They all immediately began belly-laughing that they wished this was the law when they were in high school. Every one of them stepped up and said they would declare themselves transgender in order to access the girls' locker room.

Besides that, with the younger kids, it's mentally damaging to force young children to play along with obvious delusional behavior in other children. The solution is to remove those delusional children to a psychotherapy environment for as long as it takes to rid them of the notion that reality is anything other than what it is between their legs. Self-hatred isn't cured by getting everyone else to play along at their demise as well...or in amputating healthy and necessary body parts in order to act out some grand and twisted version of The Emperor's Clothes..

Massachusetts is setting itself up for class-action lawsuits...bigtime..as if they need that in this economy right now..