Is America on the Verge of Theocracy? - Alternet Opinion Piece

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by NateHevens, Mar 12, 2012.

1. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

America is under the influence of mind alteration techniques, which the CIA experimented with, and have now almost perfected. Just the right stimulus, magnified exponentially by media technology, and the people can be led to mass hysteria, or violence, or passivity, or insanity., or utter depravity and hopelessness.

It is both Brave New World and Orwells 1984. The police are ready. The Military combat soldier has been trained to kill "the enemy" whether US citizen or Afghanistan "terrorist". The most potent virus ever known, has been created from bird flu virus. The NDAA 2012 was signed into law, expanding the "patriot act" to nullify the US Constitutional right of US citizens to a trial by jury, and due process.

Theocracy, although undesirable in a free society, is at present, not the primary threat.

Plutocracy is what is the real threat. The Congress bought, and the Executive directed by a secret society that consolidated control in 1956, but has existed as far back as 1861. Their first successful puppet: Abraham Lincoln. Their first obstacle: JFK, who they removed by violent assassination. They have not been opposed since, except a brief moment by Carter, who they destroyed politically, and upset by Clinton temporarily, when oil price dropped. Bush 1&2 followed orders to the letter. Obama appears to have gotten the message and has accomplished the great heist of the 21st century, further sealing the tripartite division of planet earth under a new world order.

We wait for the "Leader of the World" to present himself (or herself, or itself).

2. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

From my perspective, the left cannot be blamed for any religious moral failures on the part of alleged persons of faith and religion.

From that perspective, all of our current and modern social dilemmas can be blamed on the right, since they only arise due to a moral failure to bear true witness to our own laws.

3. Anansi the Spider

Anansi the Spider Well-Known Member

Bats**t crazy religion-hating fanatics are the true enemy of liberty.

1) Christian scholars suffer discrimination.

Compromising Scholarship: Religious and Political Bias in American Higher Education

Here’s the sort of courses students are subjected to: I got an A in Phallus 101
    The list of the 12 most bizarre college courses in the U.S. includes offerings such as 'The Phallus' and 'Queer Musicology.'

Will this course be of use when the student wants to find a job? Billions are wasted on this kind of nonsense.

2) Parents are denied rights.

Judge Denies Mother’s Rights

3) Children are subjected to gay activist propaganda paid for by the taxpayer. If Christian messages are forbidden aren’t anti-Christian messages forbidden too? Both the children's rights and their parent's rights are infringed.

Protect your children from 'Harvey Milk Gay Day'

"Transgender, Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian Awareness Day"

Who supports this?!

4) Rick Santorum has criticized those who want to compel others to provide abortion/contraceptive coverage.

Kulturkampf as Public Health
    Obama wants to bring retrograde religion to heel.

quote: About a month ago, people who thought religious institutions shouldn’t be forced to pay for things they morally oppose were unremarkable, boring even. Now, they are waging a heinous War on Women.

Contraception Misdirection
    A universal birth-control mandate is a curious priority for a dying republic.

quote: I notice that in their coverage NPR and the evening news shows generally refer to the controversy as being about “contraception,” discreetly avoiding mention of sterilization and pharmacological abortion,

5) Crazed atheocrats try to strip vulnerable unborn children of the most basic right to life!

Partial-Birth Abortion Q & A

Planned Parenthood, the largest abortion provider in the country, receives 100s of millions from the government.

6) Lots of Christian-haters in Hollywood and they receive tax breaks.

Bev Perdue: Hollywood’s Favorite Governor

All decent people must be ready to stand against the atheocrats. If we don’t our future will look like this:

Chinese Police Proudly Record Their Torture of Christians

New Reports Tell of Executions, Torture of Christians in North Korea
    New reports from former North Korean eye-witnesses indicate that the totalitarian government tortures, executes Christians and people related to the faith.

50,000 Christians tortured and abused in North Korean prisons

4. Anansi the Spider

5. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

I would have more confidence in your sincerity, if you were advocating for more modern infrastructure which could render the medical procedure of abortion obsolete in modern times, simply for the greater glory of our immortal souls.

6. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

A delusion by a dopey President is a long way from the establishment of a Theocracy. Hmmm... but if it contributed to a war, maybe it isn't.

7. Anansi the Spider

This will surprise some people: Studies: Birth Control, Contraception Don’t Cut Abortions

8. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

The Roman Empire became a 'theocracy' as a form of 'political expediency'. They took a 'little of this' and a 'little of that', called it 'Christianity according to Constantine'. The days of 'creating a state religion' have past.

9. MisLed

MisLed New Member

I don't think it is a legitimate story. It is however one that will misdirect enough people that we miss what is actually happening. If Obama is president for four more years this country is going to be so changed that none of us will recognize it nor will it be likely we can return it to what it is supposed to be.

10. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

Hate to say this but if he gets elected again, it already has changed beyond the recognition of a great many. The real question is the crucial one - changed for the better or worse? I doubt there are one in a hundred people in this nation that can approach that question with more than a minuscule level of objectivity. [And NO - I'm not one of the "ones" in a hundred!]

11. NateHevens

NateHevens New Member

I would have more confidence in your claims if they weren't from obviously biased sources.

Okay. I'll actually agree with you there. But in college, teachers can teach... well... whatever they want. Perhaps this is not such a good idea. Although, I have to admit... I'm very much looking forward to the next Spring semester when I take my History of Rock class which will contribute credits to my Commercial Music (read: Music Business) minor.

GOOD! This type of miseducation should be a crime! Teaching your child that your personal beliefs are the actual facts and legitimate, proven science (such as evolution) is "lies from the devil" should be enough for a parent to lose their child. That type of miseducation stunts a child's social growth, leaving them woefully ill-prepared for the real world, spending their entire lives engrossed in a 2000-year-old collection of myths and fairy tales.

If you want your child to grow up to be a Christian, fine. Go for it. But don't, in pursuit of that, stunt their social growth and teach them lies about the world. Either teach them the facts or don't teach them at all.

And go ahead and quotemine me to make me look bad. I have this post that I'll be able to refer any other reader back to.

Humanists and others who believe that not a single person should be judged by their gender, skin color, or sexual orientation!

Because Rick Santorum is a misogynist and an idiot.

Planned Parenthood, whose abortion services take up 3% of all their services, is a vital, needed service to men and women alike. Did you know that, each year, they provide nearly 770,000 Pap tests and nearly 750,000 breast exams in the goal of detecting, and getting rid of, cancer?

HOW HORRIBLE!

They also provide more than 4 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.

THE EVIL!

Don't they just sound like the worst? I mean, they are so antithetical to the utopian vision we all share of people dying young from Breast Cancer and AIDS.

Am I right?

Bigotry-hating does NOT equal Christian-hating... unless, of course, you are one of those bigots who (ab)uses Christianity to excuse your bigotry.

WTF is an "atheocrat"?

Hi. I'm a proud atheist. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE UNDER A CHINESE-LIKE REGIME.

Because they won't bow to the dictator who has a God-complex. That's neither theism nor atheism... that's just plain insanity.

No offense, but I trust Life Site about as much as I trust Glenn Beck... which is to say... not at all.

Do you have a less-biased source, by any chance? Or, to equal it out, can you find the report from somewhere you would consider biased?

So a couple of evil doctors makes the whole thing bad?

Guess that means all the Jews (my people, incidentally) are money-grubbing thieves... because... you know... that Bernie Madoff (who screwed more Jews over than anyone else, BTW).

Again with this Life Site and Life News. Again... I don't trust them.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that only anti-choice sites are reporting on this...

This is what all abortions will look like if abortion is criminalized.

Why?

Because it won't stop women from getting abortions. It will just force them to go to back alleys where "doctors" with wire clothes hangers wait for them.

Nonsense.

And here's one that will surprise you:
    Abstinence-Only a Failure, Latest Research Shows

Hey! Maybe comprehensive Sex-Ed will cut down on abortions! After all... teen pregnancy rates are highest in the states where abortion-only education is pushed (warning... PDF download). One could extrapolate that this means that abortions rates are highest in those states, too... if they wanted to...

12. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

13. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your just wrong.

Even if you add up total spending on SS (776 Billion) and healthcare (858 Billion) that only gets you to 1.63 Trillion.

Defense spending is 860 Billion.

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/year_budget_2011USbn_13bs1n#usgs302

This is misleading however because SS pays for itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_budget

If we were to cut off SS tommorrow (meaning we would also eliminate money going into the program from users) the deficit would actually increase.

Currently the Government is robbing money from that program to fund other programs such as Defense Spending.

Part of the healthcare monies are also funded by beneficiaries(roughly 25%)

If you subract 25% from the healthcare total 858 - 215 Billion you are left with 643 Billion.

Subtract the 121 Billion annual SS surplus from the remaining Healthcare amount and you get 520 Billion.

Only 520 Billion in real Fed spending (not funded by beneficiaries) goes to Entitlements.

Now compare this to 860 Billion on Defense and you can quickly see that we spend far more on Defense than entitlements.

Total income is roughly 2.15 Trillion. After paying 450 billion in interest on our debt leaves us with roughly 1.7 Trillion to spend.

Defense spending accounts for half of our Total income after interest.

Consider that in 2000 defense spending was 300 Billion.

14. NateHevens

NateHevens New Member

*Grammar Nazi*

FIFY

Not that it in any way detracts for your salient and entirely correct point.

I'm just a bit OCD like that... :mrgreen:

ETA:

Cut defense spending in half and tunnel those funds into education, NASA, and alternative energy, and I'd bet that within 5 years our economy would boom into a new golden age.

Oh... and doing so would not open to US to outside attack. The only enemies we have are the ones we created by selling them weapons and then bombing the heck out of them... or by insisting that we, one of the youngest countries on the planet, have the right to police the rest of the world....

15. Unifier

Unifier New Member

LOL! More secular drama-queenism. You guys are so anti-God, anti-religion, anti-church, and most of all anti-Christianity that you are on a crusade to twist every shred of non-secularism (that does not belong to a protected victim class like Muslims) into some kind of grand theocratic conspiracy.

You guys are nuts. Please move to another country that was not founded on Judeo-Christian values if you are that Christophobic. There are plenty of places in Europe that would be happy to have you.

16. NateHevens

NateHevens New Member

[​IMG]

We live in one. In fact, we live in a country founded by Deistic Freemasons (you know... those guys who wrote the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution).

Why. Where do you live?

Uganda?

FreshAir and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Anansi the Spider

And who will decide which thought crimes mean the child should be taken from the parent?!

You mean the fairy tales of the atheocrats?

Take a close look at the propaganda attendant to Harvey Milk Day. Here are some facts which are covered up: the gay lifestyle is extremely dangerous. Celebrating this lifestyle means shortening the lives of not a few confused men. Harvey Milk had sex with a child. Milk was closely allied to Jim Jones.

Because he stands up for religious freedom despite the non-stop attacks from the corporate media? Why this childish name-calling attacking someone who stands up for religious liberty?

Evidence? You know PP is the nation's largest abortion mill.

What?! Killing an unborn baby is hardly a necessary service.

Actually no.

quote: A series of new undercover phone calls reveals that contrary to the claims of Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards and other supporters of the nation’s largest abortion chain, the organization does not provide mammograms for women.

LINK

Atheists often seem to like to replace God with their own ego, this doesn't make them any less atheist.

More than just a couple! Looks like you to want to cover up the mistreatment of women by the abortion industry.

I guess all sources that disagree with you can't be trusted.

Of course it would and many unborn babies would be saved.

As we've seen the abortion industry is only too happy to chew women up for profit.

This will surprise you: Studies Show Abstinence Education Works: Heritage Foundation Report

If true could be due to about a hundred other variables.

18. MisLed

MisLed New Member

Do you really believe that an organization named PLANNED. PARENTHOOD would only be dealing out 3% of its services in abortions?

me neither.

But i guess you can claim any bogus story if your political life depended on it.

19. Ex-lib

Ex-lib Well-Known Member Past Donor

Planned Parenthood, whose abortion services take up 3% of all their services,]************

3% of their services and 90% of their income, is that correct?

20. Ex-lib

Ex-lib Well-Known Member Past Donor

Good responses, Anansi.

21. Anansi the Spider

I see how gay activists benefit from the gay agenda, certainly they further their careers. But what about a young man confused about his sexuality? He in no way gains from the celebration of the homosexual lifestyle.

CDC Analysis Provides New Look at Disproportionate Impact of HIV and Syphilis Among U.S. Gay and Bisexual Men

quote: The data, presented at CDC's 2010 National STD Prevention Conference, finds that the rate of new HIV diagnoses among men who have sex with men (MSM) is more than 44times that of other men and more than 40times that of women.

The range was 522-989 cases of new HIV diagnoses per 100,000 MSM vs. 12 per 100,000 other men and 13 per 100,000 women.

The rate of primary and secondary syphilis among MSM is more than 46 times that of other men and more than 71 times that of women, the analysis says. The range was 91-173 cases per 100,000 MSM vs. 2 per 100,000 other men and 1 per 100,000 women.

quote: While the heavy toll of HIV and syphilis among gay and bisexual men has been long recognized, this analysis shows just how stark the health disparities are between this and other populations

quote: Also, the risk of HIV transmission through receptive anal sex is much greater than the risk of transmission via other sexual activities

Gay, bisexual men still at high risk for HIV-study

quote: Men who have sex with men are 19 times more likely to be infected with HIV than the general population

22. Anansi the Spider

23. Anansi the Spider

24. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

Total stupidity and Soros trolling.

25. NateHevens

NateHevens New Member

And I see a lot of Koch brothers trolling.

Abortion is 90% of Planned Parenthood's revenue?

Um...

No. (side note: if you can use biased sources, then so can I)

In 2009, Planned Parenthood's total revenue equaled $1,100,800,000. Total revenue from abortion services was $164,154,000. If you know how to do math, you'd realize that this is barely 15% of the total revenue.

So not 90%, but 15%.

Try again, please.