Michigan House Passes Sweeping Abortion Bill

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

It's not safer to have an abortion than a baby in the United States. I would check out the WHO stats on that and how the figures were derived across the globe. If anyone is interested you can look at the negative population growth in Russia and their research as to why women are now having issues of sterility.

We don't need to pretend that having an abortion is like popping a zit to keep it legal. I hate that whole fudge the numbers, don't talk about this, don't talk about that crap. It's a surgery. Why do all surgery's require consent forms? Because they are risky to a degree. Is it as risky as a Cesarean Section? No, but its not like taking a crap, either.

Any couple who is not doubling up to prevent both pregnancy and life threatening disease is stupid. If there is a "war on women" then we're the ones doing it to ourselves by not being responsible in the day of HIV/AIDS and life-threatening Hep.

Regardless...this is not the domain of the federal government. The family unit is not up for federal grabs. I know you Republicans love this idea, but you wait until your kid gets taken away because you wanted to home school it or you forced him or her to go to church. Setting the precedent that you can tell people what to eat, drink, or not eat and drink, telling them what to do with their body or family is giving everything of importance away.

The fact is even if you outlawed abortion, they'd still have them. Fall down some steps, go to Six Flags and ride a heavy G coaster, etc. Prohibiting drugs hasn't stopped drug abuse. Prohibiting abortion won't stop it, either.

Creating a culture that promotes education when it comes to sex and sexually transmitted diseases, a culture that respects life, a culture that devalues money--yes, true, a lot of babies are aborted not due to poverty, but because someone is "upwardly mobile"---...this will have more impact than attempting to control the fabric of human existence.

2. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

I am well aware that aborting a healthy fetus in a healthy mother is MURDER. But both the pokee and the poker are free to use any birth control method that works. I believe Catholics oppose birth control, or did at one time. But people again MURDER of babies are not against birth control. Dead sperm mean nothing, there's billions more where they came from, a dead baby is MURDER.

3. paco

paco New Member

The Republican lawmakers are saying that the clinics aren't being properly inspected. Wouldn't you rather that the Michigan women's vaginas be tooled by clean coat hangers as opposed to dirty ones?

4. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not in 2012 , I don't think. I don't believe that MILLIONS of American women are getting pregnant on ACCIDENT, sorry.

AS far as abortion vs childbirth:
    Common sense would tell the sentient that ONE is what women are EQUIPPED TO DO, the other is a horrifically invasive surgical procedure, that leaves damaged/scarred reproductive tissue in its wake, WHEN SUCCESSFUL.

Things just GET WORSE form there...

5. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

You think they want to get pregnant so that they can get an abortion?

Grok, you're losing me on that one.

That's Russia's problem right now so they have spent about 20 mil usd to reverse the trend since 2002.

6. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, I think they get pregnant to "hook a guy",and when it doesn't work out....death to the child. Look at the demographics of abortion.

Abortion is massivley damaging to women, physically, and that doesn't even go into the PSYCHOLOGICAL damage, and increased SUICIDE RATES among abortion survivors.

7. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Abortion is no more 'medically damaging' to her reproductive organs than a monthly period.

8. mutmekep

mutmekep New Member

9. hopeless_in_2012

hopeless_in_2012 New Member

Last time I checked, they can deny that "possible future life" a place to stay. I am going to yell this so you can understand...ABORTION IS NOT ILLEGAL!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU CAN STOP IT!!! Get over it and get over yourself.

10. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Last time I checked, wasn't Michigan a blue state?

11. hopeless_in_2012

"The bill passed by a vote of 70 to 39, with all Republicans and six Democrats voting for it" Thats 64 Republicans and 45 Democrats. Not what I would call a blue state.

12. Iron River

Iron River Well-Known Member

Where does George come up with this stuff. It is very easy for a working woman to keep from getting pregnant. If she has more kids than she can support with her job skills then she might not want to screw all the men at work in the store room.?? Hell, she might want to keep track of the various fathers of her kids and ask them to pay for some of their support.?

Educate us. Tell us what is wrong with Grokmaster's post. You must have several point to make.

I'm thinking that he or she is a very low level Soros troll with limited sense.

13. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Is there a real news source on this?

14. hopeless_in_2012

So you think it is your place or the government to tell these women how many kids they can or cant give birth to? I personally dont like abortion, but I say it is up to the woman.

15. Consmike

So it was passed with bi partisan support.

16. hopeless_in_2012

Yes it was. But how does that relate to your previous post?

17. Consmike

It means that both dems and repubs voted in favor of this bill. The OP put blame right away on the GOP, which as we can see is not the case.

18. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

WTF???

Abortion is Birth control.

I dont know anyone who isnt catholic who opposes contraception.

19. hopeless_in_2012

Still does not make the argument about blue or red state. It was a republican bill, voted for by all of the majority republican house members and six of the minority democrats. Yes this makes it a bipartisan approved bill, but it was still a republican bill. It can be seen as an end around to limit abortion, but I do not see it that way. I personally have no problem with the bill as I understand it. If a woman wants an abortion in Michigan she can still get one. She might have to drive an extra few miles or make a few more phone calls but it does not prevent her right to abort.

20. hopeless_in_2012

And a large portion of the anti-abortion crowd are Catholics are they not?

21. Consmike

I don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) what a woman does with her body. However, I believe the baby in the womb has rights, the same rights as you and me, that those rights are to be protected.

22. hopeless_in_2012

What legislation are you basing that on? Do you believe the woman has less or more rights than the fetus inside her?

23. Consmike

They have equal rights. If there is a human being inside a woman, it has the rights as any other human being.

24. hopeless_in_2012

So she has the right to have an abortion? If they are equal rights she cannot be forced to take a pregnancy to term if it will cause hardship or medical problems for her? Or do the rights of the fetus trump hers? She has the right to decide whether to provide her body as a home for 9 months for this future human being. Does an egg have as many rights as a woman whether it is fertilized or not? If each has equal rights, whos rights win out when they infringe on each others and at what point in the pregnancy does that change if at all?
    And again, what you or I think should be does not really matter, what matters is what is legal or not legal at the time. If a woman can legally get an abortion, it is not your place or mine to tell her whether she can or cant. I wish that 100% of women would go to term unless it was for medical reasons, but that is just my wish and opinion and should not be the deciding factor for every woman in this country. As long as they are doing it within the confines of the law, either change the laws or let them be.

25. Consmike

So what your are saying is, its ok to kill a human life, if it brings hardship on another? So, that means that any child or person, young or old can be killed off since people may have to go through hardship to care for them.

All I am saying is, that if a woman has a baby inside her, at what point does the baby have rights?