Should we stop funding Liberal Arts Education with public dollars?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Corfieldb, Oct 18, 2011.

1. oldjar07

oldjar07 Active Member

Why don't they just have 1 world language so people don't have to waste their time learning more than 1? I understand if a few people are good at it and want to make a career of art, but a vast majority have no chance to make a decent living off of the art degree they get. Why are people required to take these worthless liberal arts classes if they don't want to? If someone likes art, that is fine with me. Just do it on your own time and stop wasting my time.

2. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

The reality of the world is, there are many languages. And no country has the ability to dominate the world and change any culture to speak one language.

If you know anything about language, it has psychological and cultural impact on the ability of people to learn. Look into language and psychology and cultural anthopology. There you will learn the types of language and the history and development of language and writing in culture.

Forigen language is one of the most important factors for developing minds, it develops logic, and resoning ability as well. There are studies duing the boom of the 1960s that looked into languages and its impact on cognition and culture.

Understand that forigen language is more than an art. Other advanced education countries know how important it is. That is why they are superior to the USA when it comes to all aspects of culture.

3. oldjar07

oldjar07 Active Member

The U.S. has the ability to do it. I only took 2 years of foreign language in high school, but I have more reasoning ability than anyone else. I do pretty much the opposite of what all these studies say, and I get straight A's in school. I really don't give a (*)(*)(*)(*) about culture. You can take as much foreign language as you want, but why should I be forced to take a foreign language class? What if you take a spanish class, but want to get a job in Germany or something like that? You would have done the spanish class for nothing then.

4. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

Simple answer; it is required. And they want you to take a certain number of credits because they want your money. No other reason. plain and simple. Universities are a bidness.

Can you dig it?

5. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

His policies aren't going to eliminate art in florida. Just won't fund college degrees that won't produce jobs in his state.

6. Clint Torres

Clint Torres New Member

Sounds like a good policy. Ever here of vocational tech schools?

Private art schools is a great way to ween educators and their cling-ons of administration off taxpayer cheese, and make it easier for them to "create", and improve thier condition and education systems that they so very often complain about. By getting these Art educators off the taxpayers backs, the State can pull itself out of debt, and create new buisness enterprise for art schools. Hence increased tax revenue.

Then those private art schools can decide if they want Unionization. Which again will allow the educators the freedom of developing their own management and profit off their reputation.

It is a win win for the entire State. It will save the State billions in tax expense. And will save billions in the short term, while increasing State tax revenue in the short and long term.

Brilliant Idea.