Part 9 of Post Your Tough Questions Regarding Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Mitt Ryan, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rstones199

rstones199 Well-Known Member

I did, go read the article and quit playing stupid games over and over and over and over and over...

Let me ask you this, the residence that you currently occupy, do you think it took one person to build it, and that one person woke up one day with all the knowledge to build a residence?

Just because you are tired of being asked for empirical proof of your supposed 'god' that does not exist, do not take it out on me. I asked a legitimate question in Post #622. If you do not want honest debate, then WHY ARE YOU HERE?

2. Incorporeal

Incorporeal Well-Known Member

I did answer your question. It remains the honest answer to that question. You cannot count to 8.8 trillion in increments, therefore, your guess of 8.8 trillion is a fanciful imagination. In your presentation of that number in such a matter of fact manner meets what non-theists call 'incredible' and therefore requires "PROOF".

As for your suggestion of me being tired of being asked for "empirical proof", another member (Dairyair) on this forum has acknowledged that I have given 'empirical evidence'. So, you are mistaken again in your art of making presumptions. I am not weary nor am I tired.

The residence I currently live in has nothing to do with the story of creation. Quit submitting strawman arguments.

Why am I here? Simple. The same reason you are here.. Taking sides on various issues, defending what I believe... So far you and the others have not provided any argument or evidence that compels my mind to accept what you say or what evidence you provide as 'true'.

3. Adagio

Adagio New Member

4. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

You really need to stop being in denial, someday you're going to run out of denials, then you're gone to have to face the truth and nothing but the truth.

Everything I quote comes from accepted bible sources such as the New Living Translation (NLT), The Open Bible which is the New American Standard (NAS) and the King James Version (KJV).

9 "When I made a cloud its garment
    And thick darkness its swaddling band"

The verse above is describing the earth being enveloped by thick clouds...duh!...lol

Again, the sun was created on day 1 and not on day 4.

You are suffering from a condition called misinterprelitus...lol

5. rstones199

You most certainly did not. You danced around the question by giving a nonsense 'answer'.

From the article:

Even if you go to the lower end of the calculations (8% margin of error), you are still left with billions of Earth like planets in the Milky Way alone that has the conditions to hold life.

Do you have any evidence to dispute these findings? If so please present said evidence. If you don't (which of course you don't), then you are simply playing the doubt game once again. You are no longer a lawyer so you can leave your stupid lawyer tactics at the office, that nonsense don't fly here.

Either pony up evidence that disputes the scientists findings or answerer the question: The Milky Way has 8.8 billion habitable planets. How do you reconcile these facts with bible. How can you sit here and honestly say that this 'god' of you built this big vast universe JUST for us?

1 - calling our another member is a TOS violation. Tisk Tisk. Pretty hypocritical for some with a police badge as an avatar to be breaking the rules.
    2 - There is no "empirical evidence", for 'god'. If you have any, please to present it. And remember, this evidence better be testable by anyone at anytime.

It has everything to do with it. Much like buildings, better and safer buildings are predicated on past generations mistakes. As generations learn from the past, and humanity as a whole becomes better. Science works much the same way. Each generation we learn more and more about the universe. This is why your arguments that **I** this or **I** that is a bunch of hog wash.

Except for, you have ZERO evidence to support your claims and worse yet, you refuse to acknowledge the evidence that is present to you from the other side. Your sorry ass attempts to cast doubt on scientific findings is pathetic and shows that you are only here to cause disturbances. So I will ask again. WHY AER YOU HERE?

6. Incorporeal

See. Even you admit that I gave an answer. It is just your opinion that the answer given was a "non-sense answer". You can't even make a proper response without making misrepresentations.

From what article?

What calculations? have you personally counted those 8.8 trillion starts? No? Then you are just following after what someone else has said. You are taking it on blind faith in mathematics without even having the validated data that comprised any of the variables that would be used in such calculations. Have you completed your count to 8.8 trillion using increments of 1 yet?

Sure I do. What you have presented is nothing more than math magic. I can even show where I contributed 100 billion dollars to the US Treasury. FACTUALLY, but that would give away my true identity and that is not a requirement of the forum. Now if the moderators want to challenge me on that, I will be more than happy to scan the material (documents) and provide them with a copy. Then they will also be able to validate the fact of me making such provision to the Treasury and at the same time will be able to verify that it is "math magic" mixed with "legal magic". In other words, the math don't serve as a "PROOF" of anything especially of anything not seen.

See paragraph above. BTW: I never have claimed to be a lawyer... so quit being presumptuous and making false claims.

There is no need to reconcile those fantasies with the Bible, because the Bible does not pretend to say how many planets are in the universe or the Milky Way. But you have made the claim, and you still have not provided any evidence that compels my mind to accept what you say as 'true'. The ball is still in your court to provide "PROOF" of your claim.

That all reminds me of a former offer I made to the readers of the PF. I offered my body to the PF (under certain stipulations) to experiment for the purpose of proving that God exists, but no-one was willing to take me up on that offer. Not even you.... and you were a party to that discussion.

As for the mention of another member who has made a post on this forum and the post is verifiable,, you lose. See here:
    http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=334252&p=1063374745#post1063374745

Such ambiguity. "better", "safer" ... but your opinions are like the opinions of everyone else (mine included).

On the contrary. It is I who has repeatedly presented evidence, and recently that 'evidence' has been promoted by one of the non-theists to the level of 'empirical data'. You on the other hand have not presented any evidence that compels my mind to accept what you present as 'true'. Do you always get emotional and start SHOUTING? I do have good vision and can read the normal sized text. The same answer is still applicable. The same reason you are here......

7. rstones199

Nice dodge - the '' around answer means otherwise. For some who pins a lot of there answers on semantic nonsense, you should abide by your own rules

Once again, you MUST resort to games. Post #622 has the link for the article. Since you are able to access the internet, then I know you know what a link is, and how to click on a link. Since this is the case, you are simply playing stupid games that once again is intended to bog down a thread.

Once again, human knowledge is based on work by a plethora of people, not just one individual. Do you take blind faith that your roof will not collapse on you while you sleep? No you don't. Buildings are safe because of a plethora of people have been working on and collecting data on these for centuries.

Now quite with the nonsense and answer the question: The Milky Way has 8.8 billion habitable planets. How do you reconcile these facts with bible. How can you sit here and honestly say that this 'god' of you built this big vast universe JUST for us?

[​IMG]

You forget, we have some of the same 'friends' outside of this forum. I know your background. Are you calling are 'friends' liars now? That's a pretty presumptuous and false claim.

Sure there is. When the bible was written, man thought the Earth was the center of the Universe. Of course today we know otherwise. Giordano Bruno was burned alive at the stake for stating there are other plants out there.

So I will ask you again: The Milky Way has 8.8 billion habitable planets. How do you reconcile these facts with bible. How can you sit here and honestly say that this 'god' of you built this big vast universe JUST for us?

As for evidence, I posted the article in Post #622. If you are not going to read the article, instead of playing games, just say you want to remain willfully ignorant and the you will not read the article. I will appreciate honest and not getting s nonsense answer.

Do you have a link to this supposed discussion? You seem to have a history of making false accusation on this forum because you get posters mixed up.

Now that you have made a positive claim (that I was part of this supposed discussion) I expect you to show proof of said discussion.

Calling out another member of this forum is a TOS violation. Pretty hypocritical for some with a police badge as an avatar to be breaking the rules.

Because you only take issue with ambiguity between better and safer, I can only assume that you agree that human knowledge is built on one generation after another, and not one particular person. Now you can stop playing games by asking me if **I** have done this or that.

You have NEVER presented any empirical evidence for the existence for 'god'. Each time I ask for this evidence, you duck and dodge. Once again, if you have 'empirical evidence', please present it

Also of note, I notice you didn't answer this question: "Do you have any evidence to dispute these findings? If so please present said evidence. If you don't (which of course you don't), then you are simply playing the doubt game once again. You are no longer a lawyer so you can leave your stupid lawyer tactics at the office, that nonsense don't fly here. "

Do you have any evidence to question the findings of the amount of earth like planets in this galaxy?

8. Incorporeal

I do pay attention to the rules. Now to correct you once again. The quote was around the words you used which were "non-sense answer" meaning that I am using the same words that you used.

The way I see it is this: your intentional refusal to provide adequate information in one of your statements that would eliminate a bog down is the silly game.

Having worked as a professional building inspector, I can attest to the fact that most people buying a new home or even one that has been renovated will take 'on blind faith' the word of the building inspector as 'true'. Ironically, the scenario of the roof situation is the reason I quit that field of work. New rules implemented by the department stopped the inspectors from performing roof inspections as required by the rules (formulated by the SBCCI) of the trade. That is the Southern Building Code Congress International.

I already answered that question. Quit being redundant and answer the question that I posed to you on that same subject. Can you count to 8.8 billion in increments of 1?

Off topic conversation.

More off topic information that is not relevant to the text it is purported to respond to .

And I will ask you again, reminding you that my question came first... Can you count to 8.8 billion in increments of 1?

I read the article. I found that the information in the article was not sufficient to compel my mind to accept it and its information as 'true'.

Not at the tip of my fingers. However if you are denying it, then your memory is faltering much worse than I imagined.

I will look it up.

So report me.

You can assume whatever you desire, assumptions are not dependent upon truth.
    "as·sume (-sm)
    tr.v. as·sumed, as·sum·ing, as·sumes
    1. To take upon oneself: assume responsibility; assume another's debts.
    2. To undertake the duties of (an office): assumed the presidency.
    3. To take on; adopt: "The god assumes a human form" (John Ruskin).
    4. To put on; don: The queen assumed a velvet robe.
    5. To affect the appearance or possession of; feign.
    6. To take for granted; suppose: assumed that prices would rise. See Synonyms at presume.
    7. To take over without justification; seize: assume control.
    8. To take up or receive into heaven."

I did and it has been accepted as 'empirical data'. Don't you pay attention to what you are responding to?

I did answer that question. Remember "I did not find any information in that article that compels my mind to accept it as 'true'"

Again. I did not find the numbers sufficient to compel my mind to accept them as 'true'.

9. rstones199

The bottom line of our discussion is summed up here: Your whole post is full of lies, nonsense and ignorance.

Have a nice day.

10. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

None of that was my point. You deny astronomy and cosmology....why not deny gravity physics?

11. Incorporeal

Gravity I do not deny. However the number manipulation involved in the physics is what I deny. Mathematics is an abstract and is therefore subjective and also subject to manipulation by man. Now, please provide to me an irrefutable definition of gravity.

12. Incorporeal

Are you calling me a liar? Are you saying that I am full of ignorance?

13. rstones199

If this shoe fits, wear it:

All I see is quotes around answer, not non-sense answer - Hence a lie.

14. Incorporeal

well, what do we have here: http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=331489&p=1063375402#post1063375402 We have another member declaring that the people who were talking about the Great Ape were speaking through ignorance of the subject matter. Yes! I admitted to my ignorance "on that subject"... how about you? You have been called out on that issue for providing false information on a subject that you pride yourself about.

Now let us address the issue of the lie. Look here and let us see what we have.
    http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=332027&p=1063375192#post1063375192
    By golly... we have rstones199 being shown to be the first user of the alleged '' around the term "answer"

Now really who is making up the lies?

15. rstones199

Great Apes

There is no false information, just your blatant and admitted ignorance on biology. It is not my problem is other members misspeak on a subject. Educate yourself.

You said I put quotes around non-sense answer, when in-fact all I put quotes around is answer. That is lie. To boot, I also only used single quotes not double quotes. Hence another lie of yours.

16. Incorporeal

Your problem is not with me on that one. Your problem is with the person who called you out and indicated that you were in error. (error in writing is writing false information). So you point to a link which says the same thing you say. How novel. Now where is the "PROOF" I am still not compelled to accept what you are saying as "true".

That is another blatant misrepresentation. Provide the link to where I said you put the '' in the statement prior to you crying about something that you did.

17. Mitt Ryan

Mitt Ryan Well-Known Member

Jesus message was one of peace and love. Jesus did not condone slavery, but He didn’t start a crusade against slavery. There were many other evils. Slavery was an evil, but the moral evil in the Roman Empire was beyond description.

Jesus did not come into to world to judge the world or correct the world (society). The main purpose He came into the world was to save mankind from sins, that's why we Christians refer to Jesus as our Lord Savior. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him." John 3:17 NAS

In Matthew 28 the passage dealing with "The Great Commission" Jesus did not say to His disciples go out there in all the world and correct society. This is what He told His disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of age." Matt. 28:18-20 NLT

So we Christians have not been commissioned to make the world right, we are to call people out of this world (a fallen world), we are to transform their lives by faith in Christ and give them hope of heaven.

Just think for a moment, suppose the world would believe the gospel, all these errors, evils would be corrected. And that is the only way to do it. The Bible never suggests we get on a crusade and we have protest marches and so forth. That will get nowhere. Whether it’s against homosexuality, against abortion, etc. Now if people want to preach against it which we should to point out all the evils of a fallen world then there is nothing wrong with that.

Getting back to this slavery issue, how was Jesus going to correct it? The answer would be by His teachings. Jesus was asked what is the first and great commandment. Jesus said, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself."--- Matt. 22:37-39 NAS

Now if you love God that way you are certainly not going to mistreat your fellow human beings. And then loving your neighbor which would include a slave if you had a slave, which was part of that society. Now supposing Jesus just said let's just free all the slaves, that would be such a disruption. How would they earn a living? What would they do for work? Well, they would become bandits and revolutionaries, taking from others; they would become in a worse situation than they were.

So on one hand, Jesus is not condoning slavery, but He’s not sending His people on a crusade to somehow change a wicked world. They must come to faith in Him; they must give their hearts to God. That was what set slaves free.

Jesus is the Prince of peace and love!

18. rstones199

And the lies continue:

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=331489&page=66&p=1063375402#post1063375402

As you can see, the other member was quoting YOU, not me and never mentioned my handle at all. For you to say that the other member called me out is a flat out LIE>

Right here:

[​IMG]

19. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

thank you for that explanation.

Shame his followers aren't on the same page.

20. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

If your going to quote me, quote all of me.
    Yes you have empirical evidence, I admit that, but it is evidence for you and you alone. You even admitted that.
    So don't make it appear as though I think you have real empirical evidence, you don't. But it is to you and only you and that is what I admit to.

21. rstones199

I knew better than to believe his web of lies...thanks for the clarification :)

22. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Its getting harder to tell the difference between inc and wanren.

23. Incorporeal

Have you figured out yet that you cannot count to 8.5 billion in increments of 1 yet?

I didn't think so... Come on brainiac... show us how really brilliant that you are not..

24. rstones199

So you admit you are lying....thank you.

25. GraspingforPeace

GraspingforPeace Well-Known Member

How is this relevant to anything related to religion or philosohy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.