Priebus: Trump "Accepts" That "Russia" Played A Role In Election Hacking

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by litwin, Jan 8, 2017.

1. vis

vis Banned

I do not know if Trump is like Putin, we have to see how he governs the country, but it looks like he is more positive to Putin and Russia, than Clinton. Republicans can do nothing when Trump puts a veto on their crazy proposals. And he is smart enough to do so. Of course, they can arrange his impeachment, but this is another story.

2. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump voters?

By the way, my country is a republic. Our elections are democratic.

3. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

personalities have very little impact on the free world democracy , we have institutions instead , which your afro - Asian kleptocracies dont have

4. vis

vis Banned

What about Churchille, Roosvelt and other big polititians in the past? They certainly had a huge influence on political systems in their countries.

5. vis

vis Banned

Maybe. But the elections are not democratic to my mind as the elected president should have a majority votes from all the people, which was not the case this time. For me, the elections that are not direct are not truly democratic.

6. Talon

First of all, voters in 83% of the counties in the United States chose Donald Trump for president.

Secondly, the votes of the Electors are determined by the votes of the electorate.

Third, the Electoral system is used only for our presidential elections. The popular vote is used for everything else.

The reason why our wise and prescient Forefathers devised the Electoral system is to prevent a small number of heavily populated areas from determining the outcome of every presidential election and disenfranchising the rest of the voters throughout the country in the process. This requires presidential candidates to obtain wider support across the entire country to get elected.

If we wanted to get rid of this system we would have done so. There's nothing to stop us from amending the Constitution and eliminating the Electoral College if we want to do so.

7. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

i think its a good system , and its for sure very democratic one

8. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

whats about Churchill? elected not elected , never war a czar. then remember we live in 2017 , that's why Crimea will always be part of Ukraine , all annexations in Europe are in the past

9. Talon

I agree.

This is how our 2016 Electoral Map wound up - the counties that Trump won are in red, Clinton in blue:

[​IMG]

10. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

the thing is that muscovite Kremlin thugs and normal people like your top - mangers (politicians) can not be friends and they can not be allies , this just impossible

[video=youtube;pMeuNi2CX3Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMeuNi2CX3Y&t=588s&list=WL&index=12[/video]

11. Talon

I'm not convinced that Trump can improve relations with Russia, either. It's not enough for Trump to want it - Vlad the Invader has to want it, too.

The problem with Putin is that he's like every other corrupt Second World tinhorn thug - he needs a foreign boogeyman to keep his people distracted from their own lack of individual freedom and economic prosperity, and in countries suffering from an inferiority complex, militant nationalism plays exceptionally well. Putin needs the United States (and by extension, NATO) as an enemy. He needs to keep the war hysteria and propaganda at fever pitch.

Obama's failed Russian Reset is proof that the good intentions of American presidents aren't enough to improve relations with Russia. Granted, Obama eventually screwed the pooch completely with his personal insults against Putin, but it was clear from the start that his dream was folly. Appeasing thugs never works.

Since Trump is a nationalist and is willing to treat Putin with respect instead of appeasing him, there's a chance that Putin will treat Trump and America with respect in return, but I'm not counting on it. However, now that Russia has reclaimed the Crimean peninsula and the Black Sea Fleet's base in Sevastopol, its conceivable that the biggest obstacle between better U.S.-Russian relations may have been cleared. However, I'm not sure that the wider problem of Russian revanchism has been resolved. When I hear politicians in Moscow questioning the legitimacy of the Baltic States' independence from Russia it doesn't inspire much confidence.

12. vis

vis Banned

De facto Crimea is a part of Russia and I see no way Ukraine will get it back.

13. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

so what? i love this fact . keep as long as you can)) was not Novolukhansk liberated this week?

- - - Updated - - -

take my word it´ll be a war between those two ...

14. Genius

Genius Active Member

Don't worry little fella...uncle Donald will protect you from the big, bad Ruskies!

15. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

so called rjusski (mongols of juchi) are not big anymore, not him but your democracy will help us

16. Genius

Genius Active Member

And President Trump is our commander in chief.

17. Talon

I wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest with you, I'm sick of hearing about Trump improving relations with Russia. I want to start hearing about what the Kremlin is going to do to improve relations with the United States (and its allies).

Quid pro quo...

18. Talon

I don't see that happening, either.

Looking back, it's unfortunate that the Crimean peninsula wasn't returned to Russia after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Russia wouldn't have invaded Georgia to build a base for the Black Sea Fleet in Abkhazia and it wouldn't be invading Ukraine today. All of this could have been handled peacefully at the negotiating table 25 years ago.

Opportunity lost, and once again we find people fighting over hastily and poorly drawn borders that ignored the people and history in a particular region. If it's not in the Middle East it's in Africa or the Balkans or the Indian Subcontinent or Russia/Ukraine. This seems to be a mistake that people all across the world are intent on repeating...

19. vis

vis Banned

Talon, Kremlin has already done- while US has recently sent out Russian diplomates, Russia did not do the same to US diplomates, although it could do. Very smart from Putin´s side.

20. vis

vis Banned

Yes, all the issues that we have now in Europe could be resolved peacefully quater a century ago. I do think that noone expected that the political situation may change so dramatically after the collapse of Soviet Union.

21. vis

vis Banned

I did not hear anything about Lugansk. You probably heard some faked news.

22. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

23. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Yes and he must do his job, or ... You know...

- - - Updated - - -

I named another city's name, try again..

24. litwin

litwin Well-Known Member

Muscovites can not do so, they must export their internal problem somewhere... Without it, - revolution!! Revolts , state collapse