Afghanistan: Smart Political Move by Obama

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by NoPartyAffiliation, May 1, 2012.

1. Texsdrifter

Texsdrifter Well-Known Member

Given the size of the embassy we are building in Afghanistan I highly doubt we ever actually leave. Combat forces may be replaced with private security contactors but we will maintain a airbase at the very least. After being forced out of Iraq I do not see them allowing the same result in Afghanistan if it can be prevented.

2. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Total crap. The votes that Gore wanted to block had irregularities of one sort or another, not signed and that sort of thing.

Like it would be impossible for some crooked SOB mail clerk to misplace them, and some unauthorized person get his hands on them?

Are you assuming that soldiers always vote for the republicon, even if he is a drooling moron frat boy with no bleeding clue?

Who do you think keeps sending Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell and Norm Dicks back to DC every time?

3. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

You got confirmation of that? You do realize, don't you, that a Dishonorable Discharge can only be handed out as a punishment following a General Court-martial. You can't keep that quiet.

I will not bother addressing the rest of your post because it is too rambling and incoherent to decipher. It is like trying to make sense of the Rushblob's show back when he first started losing his hearing.

4. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Well, I am really glad that he didn't speak to the troops first. Did it occur to you that, before he left to confer with Kahrzai, the fewer people even knew he was in the country, the better it was for the troops and Obama's security detail? Do think these things through a little better. You need to always consider the force protection implications of a situation like this.

We can't afford to spend the kind of money and lives it would take to be 100% sure of that.

5. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

You can say what you want but Obama is not liked by the military. The seals have said it is wrong for Obama to use OBL as a campaign tool. The more Obama uses the military for the election the more they will be against his re-election.

The military knows the Afghanistan trip was pure re-election campaign politics paid for by the tax payers. Obama knows nothing except gutter disingenuous politics.

6. ptif219

The agreement signed was nothing more than an agreement for further agreements. What Obama is not telling you we will be there until 2024. This is just a campaign event on the taxpayers dime

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...aying-in-afghanistan-20120501,0,5680930.story

7. ptif219

Gore was looking for any excuse to stop the military votes from being counted

8. ptif219

You really are fooled aren't you. He went there in the dark of night so his message would air in the US at prime time.

9. catalinacat

catalinacat Well-Known Member Past Donor

What is your purpose of starting this thread? - Your name is a joke - you're clearly a democrat or a liberal. All your views slant in favor of Obama. Too bad, I thought maybe we had someone besides another partisan hack in the forum.

10. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Horse feathers.

What gives you the idea that all soldiers vote GOP?

11. ptif219

Military has a history of more votes for the GOP

http://www.pollster.com/blogs/the_army_vote_the_military_tim.php?nr=1

12. catalinacat

catalinacat Well-Known Member Past Donor

Finally a voice of reason. No matter how many lies Obama tells his worshippers they will believe him because they voted for him on this board. I have no respect for them. I detested Bush for starting the war in Iraq and I can detest Obama for escalating the Afganistan war after he was elected. And now he is lying about how it is winding down, safe in that arena where he gave his stupid campaign speech. It is not winding down.

http://www.salon.com/2012/05/02/what_obama_didnt_mention_in_kabul/

13. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Horse feathers.

What gives you the idea that all soldiers vote GOP?

14. eathen lord

eathen lord Active Member

The two are very different people, with almost polar opposite approaches to politics. What one would be projecting would be ethical standards which are subjective and relative.

15. NoPartyAffiliation

NoPartyAffiliation New Member

Obama is not liked by "the Military"? You're wrong. I'm former military and I volunteer with our troops ever week. A LOT of them like Obama. All you can accurately say is that YOU don't like Obama - which is obvious. Your every thought, post etc... is molded and formed by the GOP & RW pundits. And the GOP has used the military etc... as political fodder for decades. Romney has done it. McCain campaigned on it four years ago. Bush went nuts with it. Now they all hypocritically claim military accomplishments shouldn't be used in campaigns. Boo f-ing hooo. You're just pissed because the GOP is getting their asses kicked in an area that historically belonged to them. But this new sherriff named Obama makes it impossible to claim the Dems are weak on defense. Obama has gotten / is getting us out of Bush's wars. He got the guy Bush said wasn't important. Hell, he even showed us what an "exit strategy" is like. Imagine that! Oh well. Maybe if the GOP prayers are answered, the economy will tank again. Doubt it. Obama / Biden will beat Romney / Portman 290 - 248.

16. AJTheMan

AJTheMan New Member

The President is a smart man. He was able to take down the man that 8 years of Republicans couldn't do.

17. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

[video=youtube;w-Ixtk-_clo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ixtk-_clo[/video]

18. ptif219

Read post#61

19. ptif219

Read post#61

20. ptif219

Using intelligence gathered during Bush presidency

21. NoPartyAffiliation

Which again, reinforces my point. Defense has historically been perceived as a strength exclusively held by the GOP. That is no longer the case with civilians and a growing number of military personnel. Obama is without doubnt, the best and strongest foreign policy / defense president we've had since Bush Sr - except in the eyes of those who have no objectivity on the matter due to extreme conformity to ideology / party.

22. ptif219

http://www.pollster.com/blogs/the_army_vote_the_military_tim.php?nr=1

23. ptif219

Nice opinion but no fact. 25% of the military vote is weak

24. NoPartyAffiliation

You don't ahve facts either there, junior. You have a blog. About a guy. In one branch. Who sent out a bunch of e-mails to his subscribers. And even then, per your own link:

"members of the Army who responded to the Military Times poll were 90% male, 45% regular commissioned officers, and 71% white. Furthermore, the Army's junior enlisted ranks are dramatically underrepresented in the Military Times surveys. "

Well ooooh! One poll conducted among a bunch of white guys. Wow. Scientific. I thought you were the one saying how people should listen to the actual troops. That's where I'm getting my feedback. But then again, I work with officers and enlisted, blacks, latinos and women, in addition to whites. This president is more popular than any Dem has ever been. Of course, there are still those who hate and those who love any Democrat but I'm talking about people who didn't grow up indoctrinated into one party.

25. Slant Eyed Pirate

Slant Eyed Pirate New Member

Dont forget the Saudis, the Saudis Love Bush family.