Meryl Streep - Am I the only white male who...

Discussion in 'Media & Commentators' started by Media_Truth, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Media_Truth

Media_Truth Well-Known Member

Meryl Streep - Am I the only white male who liked what she had to say? I'm an above-average-income white guy, so Trump won't hurt me. A lot of women have had a very emotional reaction to this election. It's hard to blame them, with the Locker Room Banter, the "Nasty Woman", and now calling Streep an "Overrated actress".

With all the FOX lies, I think they could have gotten Kermit the Frog elected. Many aren't aware, but when Ted Kennedy died, FOX led the charge, with all lies, and FOX actually captured that Senate seat to take the Majority.

Stand up for women - boycott FOX!!!! If any public institution is airing FOX, voice your displeasure.

2. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

And a lot of other white women, such as myself, voted for Trump. Because we aren't so delicate that a little crude talk makes us cry.

Just like Obama you're incorrectly blaming Fox News. Let's look at some facts. Fox News leads the cable news channels in ratings, this is true. But cable news isn't watched all that much. Fox News has less than three million viewers a day. That's it. Almost 62 million people voted for Trump. So where did the extra 59 million people get their news from? It wasn't Fox News.

...and stop pretending we can't think for ourselves.

3. Soupnazi

Soupnazi Well-Known Member

Check out the audience reactions to her little rant.

Few guys white or any color seemed to like it most were relieved when she was finished.

Yes you are one of the few who liked it

4. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

I posted this on another thread. It's a German comedy with English subtitles and it's about the election and Hillary Clinton. It gives one an idea of what is important, and what isn't important. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;D-aU3JZjXo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-aU3JZjXo0[/video]

5. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

Okay that was freaking hilarious!!!
    It's funnier without the subtitles as they seem a bit off.
    We don't see biting shows like that in the U.S.
    Thank you for posting it.

6. Phyxius

Phyxius Well-Known Member

No, you're not alone. What she said was absolutely brilliant. What so many are missing is the simple fact that this was the GOP's election to lose. The reality that they won an electoral college victory but lost the popular vote by almost three million votes should be taken as a dire warning, but they appear too stupid to see it.

7. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

A lot of men had an emotional reaction to Hillary too. So what? Locker room banter...big deal. It won't affect his ability to be President. Remember? Meryl Streep played a skid row prostitute in 'Ironweed'....Are we to assume she is a hooker? Oh wait...She got PAID for playing a prostitute....OK that's better....

8. One Mind

One Mind Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump beat Hillary, all of MSM, both political parties, and you. But his greatest defeat was when he beat the deception that was thrown against him, including people who live in insulated bubbles, which isn't the only thing that has disconnected them from the reality which generated this change election cycle, featuring sanders and trump. Streep is a good representation of what he beat, for she lives in the world of fantasy and make believe, and has confused reality with one of her films, where she makes believe she is someone else. She didn't get stuck in one of her characters, she got caught in the illusion.

If MSM could not deceive enough people to beat trump, to think one network could convince people to vote for trump is obviously a part of the disconnect from reality seen with the neoliberal neocons who are more concerned with creating new identifying pronouns then they are with the americans who work for a living and need jobs. Lots of americans do not want to swap a living wage job and prosperity for welfare that makes you dependent upon gov't and their bull(*)(*)(*)(*), making your dance to their tunes like slaves entertaining their rich masters.

9. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why the heck does Hollywood think their awards are there to discuss politics?

I despise the way Streep campaigned on the stage. She lost. Time for her to get over it.

10. Jeannette

Jeannette Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump lost in the inner cities. Too many dead people voting.

11. RPA1

RPA1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yep, Trump conquered the land mass of the U.S. Exactly what the EC was set up to do. To keep the tyranny of population centers from ruling the contiguous States.....the geographical U.S. It worked beautifully.

12. Phyxius

Yet another zombie lie - but feel free to prove it...

13. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Hey look another ones joined. He'll be gone in a month after spamming the forum with a few pathetic anti trump threads. What is this now like the 30th one since Nov 8th? Wonder how many have been the same person?

14. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

At some point in time you guys on the left are going to have to realize that nobody gives even half of what could remotely be considered a (*)(*)(*)(*) about how you had 3 million more Californians and New Yorkers then the rest of the country. No president in US history has been elected by popular vote. The popular vote means absolutely (*)(*)(*)(*). The idea of a mob rules mentality for government is insane and idiotic. Hillary lost. Trump won. Get over it. On second thought don't get over it. Your constant temper tantrums ensure trump 2020.

15. Phyxius

Someone's feeling a little sensitive about losing that popular vote today. Need a hug? :roflol:

16. ararmer1919

ararmer1919 Banned

Yeah. That doesn't work mate. Not even slightly. What's truly hilarious is that you actually think you said something funny or insulting. Its a testament of how absolutely pathetic the left is. As they cry for safe spaces and throw the biggest temper tantrum in the history of the US because thier side didn't win.

And once again I find myself needing to repeat something that should have already been drilled into your tiny head. NOBODY GIVES A (*)(*)(*)(*) ABOUT THE POPULAR VOTE. I clearly said that a mob rule mentality was retarded, so then why in the hell would you think I would be upset about not winning the popular vote? If anything I think losing the popular vote is a good thing seeing as how I believe that more then half of the US population is retarded and doesn't even understand how or why to vote let alone deserve to.

17. truth and justice

truth and justice Well-Known Member

The person voted in had sexual thoughts after seeing a ten year old girl go up an escalator ! Much worse than the so called locker room banter:

'I'm going to be dating her in ten years' An adult saying he wants to date a girl does not mean he desires to take her out for lunch. Disgusting man:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-revealed-latest-hot-mic-video-surface.html

18. bx4

bx4 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure I like the idea of anyone using an awards show to disseminate their own political message, but here is some of what she had to say:

"And this instinct to humiliate when it's modeled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody's life because it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing."

"Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others, we all lose."

Does anyone, conservative or liberal, Republican or Democrat, left or right, disagree with those sentiments?

19. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

What I find interesting is so many people are paying attention to Streep. Well, those who are paying attention are those very political active people on both sides while 90% or even a perhaps more don't give a hoot about what she said. What we have of those political active is Clinton supporters praising her, Trump supporters condemning her and for the most part, those of us who are political active, but were against both candidates or not partisan for or against one side or the other, brushing off her comments as the normal Hollywood type would say or shrugging our shoulders over the hub bub wondering what it is all about for a second or two and moving on to do our daily business.

The thing is the vast majority of Americans don't care what she said or most never watched the Golden Globe. Reality TV, sports, favorite shows took precedence. But I do think Trump should have just let he statement roll off his back, him twittering just kept it in the news a lot longer than its five minute life span it would have had if he said nothing.

I don't give a darn what any Hollywood performers says about politics, Trump or Clinton. The election is over with. If I had my way, neither one would be in the White House or became president elect. I detested both along with 8 million other voters. Perhaps instead of being hateful toward Trump, making excuses for Clinton's loss, perhaps the Democrats should be looking inside themselves to see whom or what they can do for the future in their job of picking better candidates. They choose just about the only candidate and person in the entire Democratic Party that could have possibly lost to Trump.

When will our two major parties realize that candidates matter. Why pick two candidates that 25% of all Americans disliked both candidates more or less equally? For nominating Clinton, the Democrats deserve Trump. If Clinton had won, I would be saying the Republicans deserve Clinton for nominating Trump. Seems to me neither party gave a darn about America as a whole, only about their political party.

20. JoeB131

JoeB131 Member

I think you are reading too much into it. I think Trump "won" the people that he won not because they agree with his racism and misogyny. (At least I hope not). He won because people are angry at parties that aren't solving the problems. So the parties tried to throw more of the same at us, Bush and Clinton, and a lot of people said, No, we'll take Sanders and Trump. So what if they are radicals?

The problem is, there's a reason why you elect people who work within a system. They know how the system works.

I don't think most people on welfare want to be on welfare. But the question is, why do we have so many people on welfare, even people who have jobs? For instance, 40% of households using SNAP (Food Stamps) have at least one family member who has a job. Just not one that pays the bills. And big corporations like Walmart and McDonalds show their employees how to apply for these benefits.

That said, I do blame ALL the networks for Trump, not just Fox. All the networks that gave him free air time because he was good for ratings, and who wants to listen to boring old Jeb Bush talk about Common Core when we can watch Trump make fun of a disabled guy?

21. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

He doesn't deserve to be called a man. A grubby little pervert is closer to the truth.

22. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I love her acting but if stars had any effect on elections, Hillary would have won.

You would like her speech because it confirms your own bias. She repeated the false story of Trump making fun of a disabled reporter. These stars would be better off sticking to what they know, their craft, than making pitiful fools of themselves.

23. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Like Hillary's deplorables?

24. bx4

bx4 Well-Known Member

Do you disagree with the sentiments she expressed? If so, please be specific. Which ones?

25. bx4

bx4 Well-Known Member

It certainly appeared to me, and many others, that that is exactly what he was doing. I know you and other Trump apologists can come up with some excuses as to why you claim he did not do it ... but it sure as hell looked like it.

The excuses to claim he didn't do it are only there because you know that mocking a person for their disability is inexcusable.