Painting of Cops as Pigs Hung Proudly in US Capitol

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BroncoBilly, Dec 30, 2016.

1. notme

notme Well-Known Member

This is what you missed:

"We must do better not only as a city but as a state and a country. We must all work to address issues of racial disparity in all aspects of our society," he said at a press conference Wednesday night. Knowles outlined a number of steps the city is taking to comply with DOJ recommendations and reform its force, which was found in the DOJ report to have engaged in systemic racism against the city's African American residents.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/ferguson-justice-report-shocking/

2. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

I don't get my panties in a wad, like some do, over some person's view of a situation.
    What point or good does it serve. The world has 7B people, too many people to worry about something so stupid as a painting. Sheesh

3. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

Liberals have fought for the removal of many things from public / gov't displays for many different reasons ... confederate flags, nativity scenes, Trump posters ... Universities remove offensive names from buildings, change their University logos ... why liberals feel their delicate sensibilities outweigh those of others eludes me.

4. dairyair

It would be a stupid feaking painting. Most would not see it hanging in some building.
    The world has 7B people in it, some people will hate. Just look at this thread as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

It hung on a wall with other paintings that won some competition. AFAIK.

- - - Updated - - -

Free speech always applies. Except in cases of yelling 'fire' in a crowed theater.
    Get over yourself and your fake high horse.

- - - Updated - - -

Both sides partisans are the biggest HYPOCRITES in the world. They are all snowflakes and just need to take their playdoh and coloring books and go back to the basement.

5. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Not to be displayed on the peoples property, just like the confederate flag.

How does this heal our divide by supporting calling all our police as racist pigs and villains?

Also, if it was anyone other than the race baiter Eric Holder, that report would have more credibility

6. logical1

logical1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

A republican should take down this racist bigoted painting and burn it. It would be freedom of speech, just like burning the flag.

7. notme

notme Well-Known Member

The glorification of the confederate flag is like the glorification slaverly of the black community. This is not a glorification of cop killers. This is putting the way it was in Fergeson, where the entire police department violated the rights of the black community. Now if the confederate flag is shown as part of where it stands for, and that is enslaving people based on their skincolor, rape them when you feel like it, sell their children when you feel like it, make them work till they die from exhaustion, torture them to death, than I see no problem putting that flag in the accurate context like this painting.

8. dairyair

All one has to do is read the majority of your posts. You many times project what the other poster would say, think, or do. And you're wrong 100% of the time.
    So the logical conclusion to take from that, is it must be your worldview and you are trying to project it onto other posters.

9. Mandelus

Mandelus Well-Known Member

Who was again arguing so heavy about constitutional right of freedom of speech and attacked other countries who have set here restrictions to have censorship and whatever else bad?
    Who was again defending the rights of worst scums like Nazis to tell Auschitz is a lie and even accepted that an ISIS member being US citizen could freely speak and tell his hate speeches in public?

So what is now again the problem wit this and why the attack on Obama here when he only followed the constitutional rights?

10. PrincipleInvestment

I think that it should merely be displayed in a more suitable setting ... Obamas presidential library. I can't imagine a more fitting tribute to Obamas legacy.

11. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

I get the whole "It's freedom of speech, man" but first, we are talking about in the Capital building, so if I put a pic of a black guy shooting a 6 year old on the streets of Chicago, is that okay? What about Muslims beheading children? What about a black guy hanging from a noose? A transgender molesting a child? Hey, it's freedom of speech, man. I say let's use common sense and keep the freedom of expression in more appropriate places. Hell, libs can't handle the General Lee car for the love of Pete... Pete? Yea Pete!

12. BroncoBilly

Who is questioning the freedom of speech except you liberals? This hang in the people's house, and it is no more acceptable than hanging the confederate flag in the people's house

13. Mandelus

Mandelus Well-Known Member

Not acceptable maybe, but not forbidden ... so why are you righties so angry about the same sort of freedom of speech you hold up so high when others do out of this things you don't like?

Who says "A", has simply to accept the "B" of others in same case!

14. PrincipleInvestment

You've illustrated my point quite nicely ... thank you. BTW Ferguson officer Darren Wilson was of course exonerated. The DOJ found minorities received a disproportionate amount of traffic citations though ...

15. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Oh I do think you heal the devide by showing what really happened, as in the ENTIRE police force acted racist towards the poor black community.

The police chief stepped down immediately, others got fired. Nowhere does it seem that the report is disputed. You're just incredible sour that this got revealed.

16. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

Pfffff.

This is a thread about a piece of anti-police hate speech masquerading as art being pushed by the government.

I didn't care about that fabricated nonsense report from a pro-Black militancy DOJ then and I don't care about it now.

17. notme

notme Well-Known Member

What the DOJ concluded is that the entire police force routinely stereotyped and discriminated against African American residents in violation of the Constitution. (from wikipedia)

Hence that painting pretty much shows how it really was.

No. Your point is that this painting is like the glorification of confed flag. It's not. A correct comparison would be a show of all the negative parts of slavery that the confed flag stands for. That is quiet the opposite.

18. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Nope. This thread is about a painting of historic event, that white angry males want to removed because it hurts their feelings.

You're just sour that the police force of Ferguson got busted being a bunch of racists.
    Your claim is just your unfouded opinion.

19. Vote4Future

Vote4Future Well-Known Member

It amazes me how common sense does not rule the day! So many people see it as a protest when it is nothing less than hatred inciting more hatred! And those same people complain about Trump? Glass houses and all that...

20. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

I realize that every time real racism is discovered in the Left that Leftists have to launch into little tirades about how eeeevvvvverybody else is a racist but them.

Its a boring obvious deflection tactic as old as any other.

21. PrincipleInvestment

I'm not going to defend the confederate flag, nor argue free speech. My point, is that if something offends a liberal it's social injustice, but not so much if it only offends conservatives. Where are the SJW lawsuits over this depiction creating a hostile work environment for policemen in the US capital? Saw some dressed in Klan robes at the Sessions confirmation hearing ... funny, normally they're pretty upset about Klan representations too ...

22. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm claiming they were racially biased, yes.

No, it's clearly yours made here, you can't try the "notme" routine here sorry.

Clearly trying to make a parallel that doesnt exist.

No, it does no such thing. Some peoples little feelings made this correlation which isn't founded.

It's dehumanization, which is always the first step when you seek to treat someone unjustly.

Feelings based. it was quite obvious really. Only someone too wrapped up in feelings cared about Gender or saw it as important. That's you and yours.

23. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, "free speech" doesnt apply to a Painting having some "right" to be on a wall. Educate yourself a bit, and stop running to the well of "rights" where they don't exist.

The painter has a right to free speech, which means he can paint this or anything he wishes...this does not mean it is appropriate to hang anywhere.

24. BroncoBilly

There is no one except you continuing to say this is a freedom of speech question. It is a disgusting display of police hatred, broad brush painting of our nations police officers, which further divides us. Although, I have seen in the last 8 years total lunacy happening with the liberal democrat party. This nation is ripe with liberal loon hatred, by calling for the death of whites and police, not to forget burning and destroying parts of cities across our nation.

25. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

Are you still spreading those lies? WOW!