Painting of Cops as Pigs Hung Proudly in US Capitol

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BroncoBilly, Dec 30, 2016.

1. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh yeah, that broad brush paints the black officers also. Maybe you can say that about Chicago as these low life POS murder children, we as a nation need to show these murderers some respect. Are you trying to tell me the black officers are also racist, or are they just focusing on the POS that burned down parts of the city?

You assume too much about someone you haven't a clue about. This isn't a historical painting, but we have notice the liberal loon colleges wanting to remove the history of our founding fathers.

2. BroncoBilly

Exactly, this is nothing more than a display of them against us mentality. The vile word of racism has lost all of it's deplorable meaning. Liberals scream it at every corner, for stupid stuff like, "if you voted for Trump, you're a racist", or, "if you didn't vote for Obama, you're a racist". I am sick to death of these ugly vile people saying this hatred. It will be a miracle if this nation avoids a civil war. Hopefully there will be calmer heads coming from the left, because since the fair election of Trump, this nation has witnessed the absolute insanity coming from liberals

3. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Well so far it's just your unfounded opinion. And that is totally worthless.

Its not trying.
    I made that parallel.

To hoist the confederat flag sky high is nothing but a glorification of what the confederacy stood for and that is slavery.
    That you deny this, only shows you don't know your history.

The cops did the dehumanization in that painting, and it's historically accurate with proof.
    So far you're not able to deny this with any sources. Just your opinion.

Oh get real. It's the GOP who wants governments to butt out, except when it's about gender.
    Than they demand all kinds of restrictions and support discrimination.
    Them are your kind of feelings, not mine. lol

4. notme

notme Well-Known Member

What lies?

5. notme

notme Well-Known Member

In 2014 Ferguson had 50 white officers and 3 black ones. The DOJ report said they were all racist towards the predominantly black community. So the painting puts that in the right perspective. I really would not know why that painting with 3 cops, should have 1 black officers as if the department had 1/3 black officers.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...on-police-department-has-50-white-officers-t/

So far you fail to source that you are correct.
    You only assume its not, and place your opinion.

6. guavaball

guavaball Well-Known Member

So you can't prove it. Not even with a single quote of mine. If you are going to accuse someone of doing something at least pretend you have something besides your own opinion to back you up.

7. RichT2705

RichT2705 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Right.
    As if no one saw Black Panthers at polling stations ignored...the Cambridge Police acting stupidly before the facts came in, or Trayvon "could have been my son" Martin. Peddle that crock somewhere else. This was a biased Admin from the get go.

Oh you did make it now? A few minutes ago you were saying you didn't.

And here was the original quote that started you spinning and deflecting.

To which I aksed when those were hung in our Nations Capitol...and you started dancing, as emotion didn't have the answer.

It was more than just Slavery, however how is it that you don't want to see something that "glorifies" slavery...but are ok with "glorifying" the Dehumanization of our Police??

Oh, never mind...more of the emotional intelligence crowd twisting itself into hypocritical knots.

The only dehumanization in that painting is of the Cops themselves. Everyone else is depicted as Human. Why type that nonsense at all?

Says the gender voter. Glad you emotional children lost. We gave you 8 years of skin color and wanted actual results this time around.

8. BroncoBilly

Because it is my opinion not a historical painting, that is only your opinion.

The 3 black officers are then painted as racist also? Thanks for clarifying my point. It is the same point as liberal loons screaming Trump is a racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic, which would have some credibility if only white males voted for Trump, but that is a liberal lie, because all people of color, gender, and nationality voted for Trump.

Hey, since you're trying to make this divisive broad brush painting a historical fact, maybe you would feel the same way of a painting depicting blacks murdering children and thousands of others in Chicago, so that it would broad brush all blacks as being like those murderous POS?

9. notme

notme Well-Known Member

What right? What source do you have to claim the DOJ report on Fergeson is faulty?

There is nothing to deflect by the notion that when mostly right wingers support the mocking of Muslims with the idea's of free speech, never minding this supports hatered against this community, is weird point of view when they want to sencure things when others use that exact same free speech.

To which I replied why does that matter?
    How about I add to that: The US government supported the anti-Muslims cartoons. There is no doubt about it at all.

I'm ok with it, since the police has been put in the correct context of their own policies. Apperantly you are all for lying and rewriting history in a way that pleases you, and think it's weird I don't support that.

racist much?

10. RichT2705

Ummmm...please keep up with the conversation or don't start one. IMO, when Eric "my people" Holder wants to find injustice...he'll make sure to find it.

And yet, once again...this parallel fails as no one ever hung such a thing in our Nations Capitol. And "hatered" wtf is that?

It's hanging on display , in the Nations Capitol. It matters.

Don't know what you are trying to deflect out onto now, and don't care. never saw any Muslim cartoons hanging in the Capitol either.

You're ok with it, since you think cops are pigs...I get it. The only one doing any lying here is you, I already caught you above. I don't blame you, those who are burdened with emotional intelligence often have no other recourse when they realize it falls short.

Again you display your intellectual failings. There was nothing "racist" about calling you out for voting on shallow, meaningless qualities like gender or race. Just like the left to still try and toss names at people who disagree.
    No one cares anymore what names you throw at them. You overused that stuff, and this brand of politics was sent packing.

11. notme

notme Well-Known Member

It is historically correct according to the DOJ report on Ferguson, that this is the way cops behaved.
    You're just making something up that pleases you the most.

Bit weird to have 3 albino wild boars on a painting.

I don't know if dragging the Chicago police is such a good idea. They are known for massively destroying their own recording equipment so it remains totally unclear what they did. So officers like Richard Zuley were able to violently torture all kinds of suspects into convessions. Safe to say, the reputation of that police force rivals that of Ferguson.

12. notme

notme Well-Known Member

Well the conversation is mostly about the Ferguson, and the DOJ report saying the police force is racist, hence the painting is historically correct.
    You dispute all that, but so far got no proof. And when asking for it, you claim it's not part of the conversation. Bit weird.
    So lets have it, or shush.

Negative. I'm ok with it, because it's been put in the correct context of the policies of the officers.
    Please quote me correctly, instead of raping my opinion so it fits your agenda.

It doesn't matter. The US government supports those cartoons, just like the support the painting of the cops.
    That is what matters, that there is no hypocrazy. But go on and play dumb on this.

13. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

Stop being a hater of free speech. Just because the message may upset you. The whole purpose of free speech is to bring upsetting subjects into the debate forum.

As someone brought up earlier, does a artist have a right to draw muhammid? Does a newspaper have a right to print it? Does a muslim have a right to kill the painter or blow up the newspaper?

14. dairyair

It also seems it is being squashed by the gov't?

15. dairyair

How was the environment made hostile?

16. ArmySoldier

ArmySoldier Well-Known Member Past Donor

The mere fact that Obama had a picture of pigs dressed as police officers in the white house shows how un-American he is. I hope this is a false story. I didn't read it.

17. dairyair

You're trying to tell someone how they'd feel, ie peed off, even after they said no.
    That's projecting your short comings.

18. Texan

Texan Well-Known Member

So Democrat free speech is pigs as policemen and klansmen at Congressional hearings. Keep it up. You are doing your party so much good. Apparently, some Democrat sympathizers disagreed with you in Garland, TX at the draw mohammed contest. They didn't like free speech and paid with their lives.

19. guavaball

guavaball Well-Known Member

No its proving their laughable hypocrisy.

But of course you can't admit it. Watching someone scream about removing a monument they find offensive then defending something from being removed for being offensive is the heart of this hypocrisy. Not that you will ever admit it of course.

20. RichT2705

First off, stop the emotional based nonsense. Secondly, I already illustrated why 'free speech" doesn't apply to what we are discussing.

Of course an artist can draw, and a newspaper those pictures. No one would say they cannot, however one would wonder why they would choose to. The second part is so ridiculous I'm not sure it really needs answering.

Shows you're out of ammo IMO.

21. dairyair

No, it's you projecting. They never said they'd be mad or anything close. YOU MADE IT UP.

22. PrincipleInvestment

PrincipleInvestment Well-Known Member

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/harassment.cfm
    paragrah 4 :" offensive objects, or pictures " Then further down: " the victim does not have to be the person harassed, but anyone anyone affected " then " harassment may occur without injury to, or discharge of, the victim".

23. dairyair

Your only argument is emotional base. The painting was about making it emotional.
    I already agreed a while ago, the police will be and should be offended. But because one gets offended doesn't mean it didn't have a right to hang there.

The 2nd part, happened. Charlie Hebdo?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have a party, so I'm not damaging it.
    And you snowflakes need to man up. It's a painting hanging in a place few see.

24. RichT2705

The painting was said to depict the unrest in Ferguson...which as you know was all about a person who stole from a convenience store, roughed up it's owner in the process....and then escalated into attacking the Policeman.
    Then the thug got shot, rightfully.

And you want to make it a race issue lol. A White guy in those very same circumstances would have been shot too, rightfully.

I did quote you accurately. There is no policy that makes one fit a long running , derogatory stereotype. Perhaps you can shed some light on that. Which policy is it that makes one a "Pig"?

So there were no Anti Muslim cartoons displayed in the Capitol. The parallel that you tried to make...then didn't make...then did make, was not there. Thanks for being honest.

25. RichT2705

There you go again, assigning Human rights to inanimate objects. This painting has to "right" to hang anywhere. It can be allowed to, or not allowed to based upon the discretion of people.

I'm well aware, but your question was about someone having the right to do this...which we all know is a negative. no one has such a right, I don't even know why you threw it in there. Although it does serve my point about choosing to print/paint/or post up things you know are going to enrage people.

The Police stationed there see it, but who cares. Maybe we can put a portrait of Nathan Forrest Bedford outside the door of the Congressional Black Caucus too.