Michael Oren falls on his face

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Jack Napier, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

*Full footage in link*

http://mondoweiss.net/2012/04/60-mi...-oren-falls-on-his-face-defending-israel.html

The above story ran on 60 Minutes tonight. It's a powerful piece showing life under occupation, and a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing portrait of Michael Oren as the chief spokesperson for Israel's unjust control over the West Bank. On the onerous permit regime that limits freedom of movement and defines Palestinian existence in the occupied territories Oren says, "It's their inconvenience, it's our survival." Oren tries to blame the dwindling Christian community in the West Bank on Islamic extremism, and Palestinian Christians interviewed nearly break out laughing. Not surprisingly, Oren calls Israel's Christian critics anti-Semites.

But perhaps the most revealing part of the show was Bob Simon sharing that Oren had complained to CBS News head Jeff Fager before the segment had even been aired, calling it "a hatchet job."

For Israel, there could be serious economic consequences. According to Israeli government figures, tourism is a multi billion dollar business there. Most tourists are Christian. Many of them are American. That's one reason why Israelis are very sensitive about their image in the United States. And that could be why Ambassador Oren phoned Jeff Fager, the head of CBS News and executive producer of 60 Minutes, while we were still reporting the story, long before tonight's broadcast. He said he had information our story was quote: "a hatchet job."

Michael Oren: It seemed to me outrageous. Completely incomprehensible that at a time when these communities, Christian communities throughout the Middle East are being oppressed and massacred, when churches are being burnt, when one of the great stories in history is unfolding? I think it's-- I think it's-- I think you got me a little bit mystified.

Bob Simon: And it was a reason to call the president of-- chairman of CBS News?

Michael Oren: Bob, I'm the ambassador of the State of Israel. I do that very, very infrequently as ambassador. It's just-- that's an extraordinary move for me to complain about something. When I heard that you were going to do a story about Christians in the Holy Land and my assum-- and-- and had, I believe, information about the nature of it, and it's been confirmed by this interview today.

Bob Simon: Nothing's been confirmed by the interview, Mr. Ambassador, because you don't know what's going to be put on air.

Michael Oren: Okay. I don't. True.

Bob Simon: Mr. Ambassador, I've been doing this a long time. And I've received lots of reactions from just about everyone I've done stories about. But I've never gotten a reaction before from a story that hasn't been broadcast yet.

Michael Oren: Well, there's a first time for everything, Bob.

2. klipkap

klipkap Well-Known Member

Many thanks for bringing our attention to that episode, exposing yet another case of Israel blaming its opponents for woes in the 'holy land'. But in this case we have senior representatives of the Palestinian Christian community refuting the standard Israeli version by denying that it is Islamic fanaticism that is driving Christians away, but that it is the consequence of Israeli policies.

And I note the farcical complaint by Oren to the two top officials of CBS of a ‘hatchet job’ even before the programme was aired (OMG that was just so lame), because it provides us with yet another piece of evidence to show to those who deny that Israel has an active campaign to manipulate mainstream US media into minimising reporting of news critical of Israel. It fits just perfectly as confirmation of a recent thread regarding Rick Steves claiming that he was duped by the US media.

Jack, am I correct in presuming that this is the same Michael Oren who wrote "Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East". That is the book that most scholarly lay folk referred to regarding the June 1967 war until Tom Segev produced his more in-depth account “1967” (which included records from Knesset and Israeli War Cabinet meetings, memoirs, letters, autobiographies, etc.). I will bear this manipulative trait in mind when Oren is cited as the top authority on the 1966/1967 wars.

3. moon

moon Well-Known Member

4. Khalil

Khalil New Member

Yes it is, Norman Finkelstien even puts a section in his book "Image and Reality" regarding Oren's book.

5. Borat

Borat Banned

With 122,000 Arab Christians living in Israel, as Arab citizens of Israel, this is one of the biggest Arab Christian communities in the world. It is also the only Arab Christian community in the Middle East which experiences a net population growth. Those form an 80% majority of the Christians in Israel, with smaller Christian communities of ethnic Russians, Greeks, Armenians, Maronites, Ukrainians and Assyrians. The majority of Arab Christians in Israel belong to the Greek Orthodox Church, with a sizeable minority belonging to the Greek Catholic (Melkite) and Latin Churches. Some of Arab Christians in Israel self-identify as Palestinian Arab Christians.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christians#Israel

Less than 50,000 Palestinian Christians live under the jurisdiction of Palestinian National Authority across the West Bank and a tiny community of about 1,000 under the Hamas government in the Gaza Strip. The Palestinian Christian population, which is almost entirely Arab, has significantly reduced over last decades, as a result of increasing immigration of Christians outside of the Palestinian Authority controlled territories and out of the Gaza strip.

While many Palestinian Arab Christians hold high ranked positions in the Palestinian society, there are also cases of religious persecution by radical Muslim elements. Both the founder of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, George Habash, and the founder if its offshoot the DFLP, Nayif Hawatmeh, were Arab Christians, as is prominent Palestinian activist and former Palestinian Authority minister Hanan Ashrawi. Israeli historian Benny Morris writes that Christian-Muslim relations constitute a divisive element in Palestinian society.[28] The situation in the West Bank is considerably better for the Arab Christians, compared with the Gaza strip, where since the Hamas take-over in 2007, the Arab Christian community of several thousand strong has almost entirely fled to the West Bank and abroad.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Christians#Palestinian_Authority_and_Gaza

6. ObamaYoMoma

ObamaYoMoma New Member

What you mean tries to blame? The dwindling Christian community in the so-called West Bank like the increasingly dwindling Christian communities throughout the Islamic world are due to violent oppression and systematic persecution of Christians perpetrated by Muslims per the dictates of Islam that is not only taking place in the so-called West Bank and in Hamastan, but is taking place in epidemic proportions throughout the Islamic world.

Here, reference the Gatestone Institute's Muslim Persecution of Christians: March 2012 report right here. At the end of the report, there are also reports for February 2012, January 2012, December 2011, November 2011, October 2011, September 2011, August 2011, and July 2011 in case anyone is interested in learning what the truth really is.

Indeed, Islam is not a genuine faith based religion as it pretends to be, but a supremacist theo-political totalitarian ideology that aims to take over and subjugate the world into a very draconian form of Islamic totalitarianism, and the permanent jihad of conquest being waged perpetually against the Jewish unbelievers in Israel, which is just one of many such jihads of conquest also being waged perpetually against many various unbelievers around the world, such as the Christians in Nigeria and the Hindus in Kashmir, is part of that worldwide global jihad aimed at subjugating the world into a very draconian form of Islamic totalitarianism via the imposition of Sharia.

In fact, the first and foremost tenet of Islam is the total, complete, and unconditional submission to the will of Allah where the freedom of conscience is forbidden, and to enforce that first and foremost tenet of Islam, blasphemy and apostasy under Islam are capital offenses.

As a matter of fact, the word “Islam” in Arabic means “submission” and the word “Muslim” in Arabic means “one who submits.” Indeed, Islam is 100 percent totalitarian and its main goal, fundamental mission, and sole purpose is to subjugate the entire world under its very draconian form of Islamic totalitarianism, and that is what is really transpiring in Israel today.

Open up your eyes and take a look at the Islamic world today, it's nothing but a big draconian totalitarian hellhole and a complete and utter failure, as any and all Muslims that denounce Islam publicly are subjected to capital punishment. Indeed, there is no faith in Islam. All mainstream orthodox Muslims are either violent or covert and deceptive non-violent jihadists, or otherwise they are blasphemous apostates that per the dictates of mainstream orthodox Islam must be executed.

Hence, mass Muslim immigration to the West is really covert and deceptive non-violent jihad for the purpose of mass Muslim infiltration and stealth demographic conquest, and it is exactly because of the success of mass Muslim infiltration in all of our major institutions including our news medias, colleges and universities, public school systems, political parties, federal government, and political elites that it is able to manifest today with total and complete impunity at the same time we are bankrupting ourselves in order to continue accommodating it. It's literally insane and a total indictment on all our political elites.

7. moon

moon Well-Known Member

The neozionists have a reputation for caring for the cradle of christianity at Bethlehem;

[​IMG]

Americans can help liberate Bethlehem by kicking their Congressmen's ass. AIPAC has bought him.

8. moon

moon Well-Known Member

Not a bad qualification.

9. ObamaYoMoma

ObamaYoMoma New Member

Yeah right, but if those violently oppressed and systematically persecuted Christian dhimmis so much as claim otherwise, the remaining Christian community would soon be obliterated, not by Islamic fanaticism, but by mainstream orthodox Islam. You are very conveniently ignoring the obvious fact that those Christian dhimmis are being coerced and the very obvious Stockholm Syndrome effect that occurs everywhere else under those same circumstances. Hopefully, you are not expecting the rest of us to be that incredibly naïve and gullible as you are too.

It's not Islamic fanatics that are the problem, as all those so-called Islamic fanatics are really all mainstream orthodox Muslims. It's mainstream orthodox Islam that is the problem, as Islam is really a supremacist theo-political totalitarian ideology that masquerades as being a faith-based religion in order to dupe gullible useful idiots and the societies it intends to subjugate into a very draconian form of Islamic totalitarianism via the imposition of Sharia. I'm sorry but there is no faith in Islam, as every Muslim on earth is either a violent jihadist or a covert and deceptive non-violent jihadist, or otherwise they are blasphemous apostates that per the dictates of mainstream orthodox Islam must be executed.

I know, I know, it's just another lame strawman argument.

10. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

So sad...

There are Arab Christians who do critisize Arab Muslims (look at Bridgette Gabriel), yet the Lebanese Christian community in Lebanon has not been massacred. I don't think our Christian President would let something like that happen ;)

All hail Robert Spencer, right? lol

Palestinian Christians said it themselves, who's word is more valuable, people who have experienced and continue to experience the oppression of the "Israeli" government, or you? It's an easy choice.

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

This 60 minutes?

"Killian Documents Controversy
    The Killian documents controversy (also referred to as Memogate, Rathergate or Rathergate) involved six documents critical of President George W. Bush's service in the Air National Guard in 1972–73. Four of these documents were presented as authentic in a 60 Minutes Wednesday broadcast aired by CBS on September 8, 2004, less than two months before the 2004 Presidential Election, but it was later found that CBS had failed to authenticate the documents. Subsequently, several typewriter and typography experts concluded the documents are forgeries, as have some media sources. No forensic document examiners or typography experts have authenticated the documents, and this may not be technically possible without original documents. The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett, claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. See the Wikipedia page under this name for full details."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/60_Minutes#Killian_Documents_Controversy

12. ObamaYoMoma

ObamaYoMoma New Member

Oh...it's my favorite Muslim impersonator who doesn't have the first clue about Islam. You aren't fooling anyone except for yourself. That's what I find very entertaining, misguided delusional leftists that don't have the first clue about Islam trying to impersonate Muslims. That's like misguided delusional leftists trying to impersonate conservatives without having the first clue about conservatism. While it never quite works, it is nevertheless very entertaining. Man this place is filled with some very quirky characters.

13. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Doesn't matter what Palestinian Christians refute as long as American Christians support the Zionist line. Seriously.

14. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

This is too funny. Only you have ever claimed I am not a Muslim, the rest have claimed I am a terrorist or extremist.

Care to actually address my post?

15. klipkap

According to Jack's post, your comment is pure crap. Christian leaders in Palestine refute what you say in the video that accompanies the article. Do you have an explanation as to why those who live there and are the subject of the piece, are shown on video as disagreeing with you?

I have such an explanation, but am too respectful of server rules to offer it here.

16. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

Maybe the same reason he thinks I am not a real Muslim?

Nothing is at it seems I guess.

17. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Well, the answer, at least as far as the Zion Nazi delusional is concerned, is that the word of the Zion Nazi delusional is always of more value.

Than anyone.

Ever.

Because they are 'chosen'.

Of course, Nazi Germany would have said that they too were divine, chosen, specially selected, and because of such, their word, their life, was more valuable than anyone not deemed one of them.

At the end of the day, even the mentally ill like a political niche to define themselves by. For the modern day psychopath, Zionism best fills that need.

Deploying the tactics of Michael Oren, I am now off to lobbying the mods on here, about a future thread, that has not been created yet.

;)

18. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

I can cope with them.

It's the advocates of lies, mass murder, child prisoners, racism, land theft, slow starvation, and just general evil that I cannot abide.

I'm 'quirky' like that.

19. Marlowe

Marlowe New Member

aka Dumb Goyim , wot ?

"Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?"
    Weishaupt

20. Borat

Borat Banned

Yeah, it's called "fear", they are afraid, they, their families and their friends are still there and they know that pointing fingers at their muslim neighbors will end pretty badly for them while pointing fingers at Israel will be looked at quite favorably by islamic authorities.

Now, do you have an explanation why the Christian population is rapidly shrinking in every single Middle Eastern country except Israel? Somehow I doubt it's Israel's fault. What do you think?

21. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

Good read:

http://palestinechronicle.com/view_article_details.php?id=19168

22. klipkap

Do you ever get embarrassed that you have to suck such big thumbs, Borat. Here, let me tease out your reply.

Those Arab Christian leaders were so afraid of their Muslim neighbours, that they appeared on a major US TV show? When you are (*)(*)(*)(*) scared, is that what you would do? In suggesting such a ridiculous phantasy, it is crystal clear that you too, Borat, are wriggling on the end of the string called "No Factual Response Available". That is plain for all to see with that utterly lame response.

Why don't you just face the fact that in your slavish belief of the Zionist spin, you are making yourself look like a Bozo.

Instead, why don't you take a small risk and on just one topic, investigate whether the opposition is correct? Check your sources. Check theirs. Look for those who disagree (including the Myth Alerts) and see if you can rebut their facts. Try to rejustify your own (lack of) facts. If you have difficulty, then should you not be questioning whether your beliefs are not perhaps erroneous. Prior to 2003, I too was a 'believer' like you. Then Dubya's lies opened the doors of reality. Poor Colin Powell!!! Such a loyal subject.

Jack Napier and (deleted member) like this.
  23. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

Although I am not religous, I consider it wicked to usurp the religion of anyone, and distort it beyond recognition.

Eps when done so for the gains of those who are not even of that religion.

Zionism is a political idealogy that has hosted upon Christianity in the US.

Indeed, they have even created a whole new religion - Christian Zionism, whose people seem about as far removed from the core teachings of Jesus, as you could get. They certainly do NOT appear like the Palestinian Christians, in nature, action, and thought.

Christian Zionism(sic) is a perversion of Christianity, and those who are really keen to stay as close to the teachings of Jesus should flat out reject it on a personal level, while organising and campaigning, so that they can actually take back their religion.

Zionists have sold US Christians this hysterical fear that Muslims are coming to convert them to a religion other than Christianity.

What they don't see is that they have already been converted.

Converted to a new religion, that being political Christian Zionism, in which the new 'god' is Money, Force, And Murder, and what is preached is not the word of Jesus, but some warped Synagogue of Satan(sic), something rather the opposite to what Jesus would have preached - and what is the opposite of Christ, to those of religion? The anti christ.

Like I say, I am not religous, therefore, I do not believe in an anti christ/satan/devil, in the sense of it being a supernatural entity.

If it exists at all, it exists in the form of a mindset, the evil excesses of some of the human species.

This man is well known to 'Christians' in the US.

Does he seem to be preaching the word of Jesus to you?

[video=youtube;bfAb3YGAXy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfAb3YGAXy4[/video]

[video=youtube;8mQvvGJYQaM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQvvGJYQaM[/video]

24. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

If you have a strong stomach, this could be a Nuremberg rally.

With a few thousand clapping seals, so thick and deluded, that a fat rich con man can get them to chant at will.

[video=youtube;N0rVI5GXBCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0rVI5GXBCE&feature=related[/video]

25. Jack Napier

Jack Napier Banned

I would say that this is a phenomenom almost exclusive to a fair % of American 'Christians'.

Outwith the US, I don't even think many Christians would know what 'Christian Zionism' is, it is not a part of their faith and thinking, imo.

It may be true to say that much of the RC world (as it were), have been spared this contamination by Zionism.

Not that I am a particular fan of the Vatican, but it would strike me that many countries with a RC majority, have at least stayed true to that, rather than create Zionist Catholicism.

Also, yes, contaminating the primary religion of Americans, was an excellent way to buy a captured audience.

As important to Zionists as capturing American media, news, or politics.

Zionists are cowards, but in terms of progress they are doing a lot better than the Nazi's did, in so far as they have lasted longer, and have hitched a ride on the back of the US. Nazi Germany did not do that. Nazism was about as twisted an ideal as Zionism, but unlike Zionists, Germans were at least prepared to spill their own blood, in their own fights.

Jack