The traitor Snowden:

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by lobato1, Jun 25, 2013.

1. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

Do you think the EU and Hong Kong universities weren't aware that the US might be gathering intelligence about them?

You don't know what he was and was not concerned about. Neither do I. I do appreciate, however, that the information he has provided shows me that my government is not to be trusted and thus, in my opinion, that is reason enough to drastically reign in the leash that the big dog has such slack on.

I don't know that scenario really fits the reality. It seems that an "attention seeker" to that magnitude would be extremely sociopathic and not prone to put their self into such a dangerous position.

OK, so you can't possibly believe that Snowden was acting benevolently, but you're cool with the government breaking the law under the guise of "crime prevention"? Can you understand how that effects your credibility and indicates to others that you merely see things how you want them to be?

2. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Every country is spying on every other country. The problem the US now has is that, thanks to Snowden, they got caught. Now the US looks like the bad guy.

He says that he was concerned about the level of snooping. This is after he said that whistleblowers should be shot in the balls.Now he's saying that he'll stop whistleblowing if he can stay in Russia.

Snowden agreed to stop spilling American secrets if Russia lets him stay there. He's only in this for himself and not any supposed 'tyranny' in the US

He seems to regret it. He said that China would be a nice place to live but he snuck out of there without a passport. He's now trapped in Russia and still giving press conferences and anything else he can to get attention and sypathy while throwing his own country under the bus.

I lack credibility because I'm not a paranoid nutcase?

3. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member Past Donor

I have heard no such things. Where did you get the info of him having to hand his goods to China and then Russia? Are you just assuming?

4. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

It can't be real times of war if our federal Congress cannot justify wartime tax rates to prove it.

5. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

What you fail to realize, here, is that the US has done a pretty good job of making themselves "look" like that bad guy for quite some time. It's because the US government has ceased to work for the interests of the American people as it has been rendered a tool of a global corporate oligarchy that exists beyond the scope of national governments.

Do you have quotes to back up your assertions of what you think he said?

Logic does not dictate that, assuming your assertion is accurate, since he is seeking safety in Russia, that he is only out for himself. If he were only out for himself, why would one choose Russia as their destination of choice?

Whistle blowing, which is actually two words, by the way, is not throwing one under the bus, no matter how many times you repeat yourself. If the US government wasn't breaking it's own laws, there wouldn't be an issue, would there?

I don't know whether you're a "paranoid nutcase" or not. I am not conceding that either way. You damage your own credibility when you refuse to consider Snowden had any benevolent motive in exposing the unlawful activities of the NSA while you simultaneously refuse to consider that the NSA could have been acting in anything but a benevolent way in committing such wide sweeping violations of the rights of the people that it exists to protect. "Crime prevention", you called it. What a joke.

6. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

You seem to be stuck on some irrelevant tangent. Are you under the impression that real war doesn't exist unless Congress raises the tax rates? Perhaps you misunderstand how our economy has evolved. You do realize that we are expanding government debt at a ridiculous and unsustainable pace, right? The taxes haven't raised, but the spending continues to rise.

7. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Sure. I can argue that point. Legally, real times of war cannot exist if our federal Congress is not burdening us with wartime tax rates, under our republican form of Government, nor should we delegate any war powers.

Unless of course, we are not in real times of war and our federal Congress merely likes to waste the Peoples' money while enriching the wealthiest with boondoggles and generational forms of theft for only the least wealthy in our republic.

The War Powers Act is a Standard already fixed by our federal Congress for offices of public trust under the United States.

8. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

You seem to be under some false belief that the federal government has a legal obligation to raise taxes rates in order to engage in war. Fell free to prove me wrong, but I am unaware of any law that requires such.

You seem to have things a bit confused. War justifies the expansion of the state, which provides greater opportunity to transfer wealth from the working class to corporate coffers. Taxes are but one means of achieving such transfer of wealth. Devaluing the currency is another as is expansion of the public debt. You seem to realize that there is a problem and want to figure it out, but you haven't got all the pieces together. Keep working at it.

9. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

It is about a lack of delegated social Power to wage war, allegedly without wartime taxes to better ensure "victory"; from one perspective and in that alternative, anything less could be considered "treasonous" to our war Cause since we should not engage in "war" if we do not expect to win.

10. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

What war are you referring to? Our federal Congress cannot seem to justify wartime tax rates to prove it is real times of war and not merely some "get rich quick" scheme for those with enough money to make more money through public policy decisions under our form of Capitalism.

11. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

The problem is that the same corporate parties keep being elected into office. There is no legitimate alternative, and thus, they have already been "delegated" such power. I don't disagree with your premise, though at the end of the day, it seems like you're putting an awful lot of stock in a technicality that holds no water.

- - - Updated - - -

The US government has been in a perpetual state of war since WWII at the latest.

12. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

In my opinion, we should "goad" our wealthier politicians to be better Capitalists under our form of Capitalism and simply purchase the best solutions money can buy with an official Mint at their disposal.

Why not draw a line somewhere, somewhat market recognizable and compatible with rational choice theory? Wartime tax rates to delegate war powers seems like a good metric under Any form of Capitalism even under our republican form of Government.

13. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

You seem to think we have a say in what the government does...we really don't...therein lies the problem.

14. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

That is not what our Constitution says.

15. moon

moon Well-Known Member

' Traitor ' be damned :mrgreen:

An excellent article;

Extract;

16. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

It may be what happens when our federal Congress cannot justify "National Security State" tax rates.

17. homerjay_s

homerjay_s New Member

Our Constitution says that corporations with their vast concentration and control of wealth cannot use their wealth under the guise of "free speech" in order to buy political favor from both parties and thus promote a big government for big business agenda that renders the rest of us nothing but tax slaves?

Check it again.

18. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

We can't blame Capitalism; what excuse now?

19. Stuart Wolfe

Stuart Wolfe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why not blame Bush? That always seems to work.

20. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

The point is it is disingenuous to claim we can't handle a rational choice (theory) "relationship" with our money, without some form of "emotional" attachment being involved.

21. Tommy Palven

Tommy Palven Active Member Past Donor

22. moon

moon Well-Known Member

You know, I forgot all about the US of AIPAC's previous 'convictions' for criminality under international law. It can, as proven, nullify prosecution of itself at the Security Council.

23. moon

moon Well-Known Member

The US Constitution has become an embarrassment to the US of AIPAC government. Those that voted to trash the Constitution should be prosecuted, if the law allows.

24. highlander

highlander Banned

And why would anyone attempt to mock the afflicted, you should feel sorry for bush, look at his family, the mans a cretin.
    Regards
    Highlander