Jodi Ann Arias convicted of Murder 1. Why she should get life, NOT the death penalty.

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by funinsnow, May 8, 2013.

1. funinsnow

funinsnow Banned by Member Request

Yes, Jodi Ann Arias is guilty of Murder 1, must spend life in prison, but she should NOT get the death penalty. No Travis V. Alexander did not commit assault & battery on Jodi Ann Arias & yes Jodi Ann Arias mostly lied about Travis V. Alexander to defame him. Jodi Ann Arias stalked him & don’t be surprised if Jodi Ann Arias had committed assault & battery on Travis V. Alexander in past or even threatened him with knife, only that Travis V. Alexander didn’t report it, thought he could handle it, but in the end it killed him. Travis V. Alexander was the victim here.
    But being murdered did not make him President. My idea of a good citizen for society would be columnist Patrick J. Buchanan or Richard J. Santorum. The victim Travis Victor Alexander was not a Patrick J. Buchanan or a Richard J. Santorum.

Where I do believe Jodi Ann Arias told truth was with verbal abuse he did & the part of where he asked her to dress like a schoolgirl, shave herself & wear pigtails. 1 can differ with me, but I see something wrong with this. First, sex must be limited to penis/vaginal sex between a man & woman. When Travis V. Alexander was seeing other women, he was only doing normal behavior with them. But Jodi Ann Arias asked him to do kinky sex & while she stalked him, Travis V. Alexander tolerated Jodi Ann Arias (even while calling her evil in his emails & saying he was afraid of her)conduct so that he could have sex with her. Travis V. Alexander probably didn’t know Jodi Ann Arias past before he met her & while she stalked him & made him scared, Travis V. Alexander wanted to keep having sex with her, but didn’t know her conduct would worsen until it was too late & he was murdered. Men sometimes think too much with their wrong head. But if any of you have seen the murder trial of Jodi Ann Arias, do you agree that yes, she is guilty of Murder 1 & should get life in prison, but she should not get the death penalty. Hope you can advise, because again, Travis V. Alexander is a murder victim, but there is something wrong with asking a woman to dress like a schoolgirl, etc.

2. funinsnow

Agree with the jury that this was pre-planned. But she must still not get death penalty, but life in prison without parole. For me to impose the death penalty, the crime must not only be preplanned as this 1 was, but the victim's character must be impeaccable. If some1 is convicted of death penalty crime, then they must get every chance to avoid death penalty. Yes, Jodi Ann Arias is a manipulator who mostly lied & this murder's brutal. But her life must still be spared where she gets old in prison for rest of her life & misses on things such as the fact that she didn't have children & so on. My reason for sparing Jodi Ann Arias's life is because I see something wrong with a man asking a woman to dress like a schoolgirl-the victim to repeat was not a columnist Patrick J. Buchanan. Please give thoughts because life in prison is where she belongs but she must not be executed, though admit the circumstances are for it. Finally, Jodi Ann Arias case is proof that they must make it crime to do anal :fart: sex as women who do anal are more likely to be murderesses.

3. funinsnow

Preplanned murder is preplanned murder. I saw alot of trial. It's just that the death penalty is taking a life. It's sad to watch Jodi Ann Arias mom & aunt watch the trial, when so many want Jodi Ann Arias executed. To see Jodi Ann Arias waive to her mom, in 1 of the few happy moments she can have. Yes, Jodi Ann Arias is a murderess and yes, she must spend her life in prison. It's Jodi Ann Arias own fault that she is in prison. But for her mom to see that is just too much especially when Jodi Ann Arias waives to her mom, while most of others are hostile to her & want to kill her. Jodi Ann Arias must spend rest of her life in prison.

4. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Please tell me your joking.....right?

5. JohnnyMo

JohnnyMo Moderator Staff Member Donor

It's amazing isn't it........

6. Professor Peabody

She could have simply departed for good. If he followed her that would be different.

7. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Crucify her. I'll buy the nails and hammer.

8. Professor Peabody

We agree. While he was naked and defenseless, she stabbed him nearly 30 times, tried to slit his throat, then retrieved a stolen gun and finished him off with a shot to the head. She claimed self defense? Then she seemed so amazed no one believed her.

9. funinsnow

No, me not Jodi Ann Arias. But yes am serious. There's something wrong with a man who asks a woman to shave her pubic hairs & to dress like a schoolgirl. No, Jodi Ann Arias was not credible on most parts. Travis V. Alexander was the domestic violence victim here. But for the death penalty to be given, the victim's character must be considered as a mitigating factor in my view. Let's say that a man robs a convenience store & shoots the clerk dead-Murder 1 which is punishable by death. If the clerk the man shot & killed is a mom with 3 kids, then can support the death penalty because those 3 kids won't have a mom to take care of them. But if the clerk is let's say is some1 who in past did prison time for child molestation, then the fact the victim once did prison time for child molestation would be enough reason for the robber/murderer to be spared the death penalty.

If Jodi Ann Arias had murdered some1 who did nice things for society such as Richard J. Santorum in a robbery (this wasn't a robbery murder), then the fact Richard J. Santorum's a former Presidential Candidate who has nice ideas for :flagus:, then if jury decides death penalty, then so be it. But the victim here did not have close to impeccable character, which is why Jodi Ann Arias must not get death penalty. There's something wrong with a man who asks a woman to dress like a schoolgirl & there's something wrong with a man who asks a woman to shave her pubic hairs. Normal men want women who look like women, so enough reason to spare Jodi Ann Arias life & give her life in prison w/o parole.

10. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

I've read a couple of your posts and you're a little bit to hung up on sex games that some people play that are consensual..... who cares if a guy asked the woman to dress up like a school girl and all the rest of it? And keep in mind, a lying female had said this about a dead man who can't defend himself.......

11. funinsnow

Yes, Jodi Ann Arias did lie on most parts as I saw alot of the trial. Jodi Ann Arias is a manipulator & she was arrogant. But what she said again about Travis Victor Alexander asking her to dress like a schoolgirl & her shaving her pubic hairs is verified + the phone sex tape. They must make it a crime to do anal :fart: because again, sex must be limited to penis/vaginal sex between man & woman only. Saw the interview Jodi Ann Arias did with Mr. Hayden on myfoxphoenix not long after being convicted. Jodi Ann Arias was crying. This will be silly but 1 thing about Jodi Ann Arias is that there's no expression of anger in her eyes. Of course there's no expression of anger in OJ Simpson. Lions also have no expression of anger in their eyes & lions (mostly lionesses do hunting) hunt anything from rodents, deer, antelope to as large as giraffe.
    But returning to Jodi Ann Arias, Jodi Ann Arias was once a 5 year old girl. Death penalty is killing some1. It's sad to watch Jodi Ann Arias mom & aunt watch the trial, when so many want Jodi Ann Arias executed. To see Jodi Ann Arias waive to her mom, in 1 of the few happy moments she can have. Yes, Jodi Ann Arias is a murderess and yes, she must spend her life in prison. It's Jodi Ann Arias own fault that she is in prison. But for her mom to see that is just too much especially when Jodi Ann Arias waives to her mom, while most of others are hostile to her & want to kill her. Jodi Ann Arias must spend rest of her life in prison.

12. Hummingbird

Writing in paragraphs would be nice.....

Look, you need to realize you're hung up on sex games, obviously, and to think there should be laws against whatever sex style you don't approve of is ludicrous ..... but whatever.

I'm sorry also for the pain and heart-ache that the Arias family is going thru, but Jodi, herself, did it to them.....

The psychopath doesn't have a soul or conscience..... she's evil incarnate. After she murdered TA in cold blood, she sent flowers to his grandmother......

13. funinsnow

Thanks for replies. Would like to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (LDS) has official view on Jodi Ann Arias case as both are Mormons. Jodi Ann Arias converted to Mormonism 2 months after she met Travis Victor Alexander. But as I understand, the LDS helps Mormons if they have troubles as it's recommended for Mormons to give 10% of their income to taxes. To my knowledge, the LDS has not been helping either Travis V.Alexander's family or Jodi ann Arias.

The Alexander family having had to watch 4 months & counting of this trial have lost money as reported in news as they have to pay for hotel in Arizona. If it's true the LDS isn't helping the Alexander family, then is it because the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are against Travis V. Alexander not living the Mormon ideal. Travis V. Alexandera said that he was a virgin, yet he was with many women including Jodi Ann Arias. As Travis V. Alexander had been a Mormon all his life & as Jodi Ann Arias convereted to Mormonism both had not been living the Mormon life. The LDS must state what their view is on this & what the LDS thinks about punishment Jodi Ann Arias should get.

14. Hummingbird

The LDS church is not obligated to make any statement about TA's sexual conduct or JA's conduct or committing this crime.......

JA converted to Mormonism, not her family - so, the church isn't obligated to help her non-Mormon family......

The LDS church helps only those the hot shots of the church want to help. I've known quite a few Mormons and saw that some needed a helping hand and they didn't get any from their church.......

And this topic isn't about the Mormons, but JA killing an innocent man in cold blood.......

15. funinsnow

Won’t be watching any TV movies on this. But this case has already sadly become about $$. Also there’s a bad lawyer in Phoenix & give her a call though you’ll likely waste your time & she’ll hang up on you if you ask her about Jodi Ann Arias case or she’ll even make excuses for her. This lawyer in media has in past said ‘women don’t commit domestic violence’- her name is Dianne L. :toilet: Post. She calls herself a domestic violence expert like Alyce D. LaViolette. I’ve talked with her before & speak from personal experience. She told me on Aug. 1, 2011 when I called her that she didn’t think Duke Lacrosse rape accuser lied in 2006. It’s my view that Dianne L. Post knows this is false, but she didn’t care that the Duke Lacrosse players were falsely accused.

When I told Dianne L. Post that she is not credible & that she ignored fact that CG Mangum (who did Duke hoax) has since been convicted of child abuse in 2010, etc. she hung up on me. But call Phoenix lawyer Dianne L. Post & see if she is nice enough to talk to you about Jodi Ann Arias. Give her an attitude if she tries to avoid topic. So if you can call both quack psychologist Karen :toilet: Franklin (who made excuses for Socorro Caro the woman who killed her kids in California) & Phoenix lawyer Dianne L. Post, among others, let them know that when they say rubbish such as ‘women don’t commit domestic violence because it’s always self-defense’-Jodi Ann Arias disproves them because just as there are men who stalk & kill their wives, girlfriends & children(yes, men commit most domestic violence)there are women who stalk & kill their husbands, boyfriends & children.

We know from Travis V. Alexander’s emails complaints about Jodi Ann Arias stalking him, among other things which he reported, but it’s also possible that Jodi Ann Arias had threatened Travis V. Alexander with a knife before &committed assault & battery on Travis V. Alexander, only that Travis V. Alexander didn’t report this, so it’s possible the domestic violence that Jodi Ann Arias did to Travis V. Alexander was worse than what was reported. Jodi Ann Arias must spend rest of her life in prison where she gets old, menopausal & wears dentures. Jodi Ann Arias must be given a lonely life in prison where she thinks about what she did, cries when she knows what she missed out in life such as having kids, seeing nice places so that in 30 years if she goes on TV, she is a crying lonely woman, that some even feel sympathy for Jodi Ann Arias because she ended up being a sad lonely woman in prison.Hopefully Jodi Ann Arias in the end will be remorseful for what she did. She is an arrogant, manipulative liar right now but hope that in the end, Jodi Ann Arias does become remorseful & making her a sad lonely person in prison for rest of her life will hopefully change her.

16. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Why are you calling lawyers and psychologists??

17. funinsnow

Because these 2 are just like Alyce D. LaViolettte, by saying they're domestic violence experts, but then say what they know is false. We need to expose these 2 also for who they are-domestic violence quacks.

With Alyce D. LaViolette, no she should not be a victim of harassment & if this happens, then the police must stop those who do. But here's my view regarding expert witnesses who testified on Jodi Ann Arias behalf. Dr. Richard Samuels was not credible, but he wasn't arrogant & rude. Alyce D. LaViolette started out Okay such as when she talked about domestic violence in general & the fact that verbal abuse happened, but she was wrong on the main topics on Jodi Ann Arias & it's my view is Alyce D. LaViolette said what she knows is mostly false but did it for the money. Yes, only Alyce D. LaViolette knows her motive, but I don't think either she or Dr. Richard Samuel believe Jodi Ann Arias lie about being an assault & battery victim but are both doing it for the money.

6 other experts interviewed Jodi Ann Arias but refused to testify for her because they realized her story's mostly false & possibly know that testifying for her would damage their reputations. Alyce D.LaViolette likely didn't expect the case would be televised, where people saw her & on cross examination, she became rude & arrogant. Alyce D. LaViolette ruined her reputation.

18. funinsnow

A busy body but not religious. But here's my punishment for Jodi Ann Arias, though don't think she'll go to this prison. Put Jodi Ann Arias in a prison which is a Rapunzel Tower like the story Rapunzel for rest of her life. Here, Jodi Ann Arias will get what she needs to live, put on suicide watch for rest of her life & make her a sad lonely person where she gets old, menopausal & lonely. Jodi Ann Arias must not be executed-she must become a lonely, sad person, thinking about what she did, crying & so sad, that people feel sympathy for her that in 30 years if she is interviewed, she cries over how she missed out on having kids & other good things in life. Hopefully Jodi Ann Arias in the end will be remorseful for what she did. She is an arrogant, manipulative liar right now but hope that in the end, Jodi Ann Arias does become remorseful & making her a sad lonely person in prison for rest of her life will hopefully change her.

19. Hummingbird

Good grief...... sorry, but this Rapenzel type tower prison idea of yours is ridiculous and will never happen. She will be put, probably in a maximum security prison, just like all other stone-cold killers like her and that's it..... there's nothing special about her.

Arias is evil, no conscience and those people don't change. Time will not make her truly remorseful and 'repent', but those people can play the part... you can't grow a conscience. You either have one or your don't....

As far as her sentencing, I hope she does get life w/o parole.....

20. funinsnow

With Jodi Ann Arias, I won’t be watching any TV shows or made for TV movies on this. This case has become about money and while I admit seeing a rap video about Jodi Ann Arias, boycott any books, movies or memorabilia on this. Watching murder trial on TV is good enough to know what happened. Why Jodi Ann Arias committed murder, only she knows. But this case has already sadly become about $$ because books will be written. Please boycott any TV shows, movies or books about this case. Watching murder trial on TV is good enough. Hopefully after this is over, the families of both Travis V. Alexander and Jodi Ann Arias can both go on with their lives. This case must not become about money but sadly has.

Among those who’ve commented on the Jodi Ann Arias case are Kimberly Erin Goldman and Frederic Goldman, sister and dad of Ron L. Goldman the waiter who was killed with Nicole Brown Simpson. Many believe OJ Simpson (DNA is his)is guilty while OJ Simpson says he is innocent. But whether OJ Simpson did it or not, that case has for a long time been about money. Goldman family’s behavior for a long time been of those interested in money as they’ve has gotten rich while Denise Brown (Nicole Brown’s sister) to my knowledge isn’t profiting from her sister’s murder. When the hypothetical If I did it was released in 2006, Denise Brown had asked the book not be published as did Fred Goldman, but after Fred Goldman got the rights to the book, rather than end publication, he decided that it be sold and took the profits of a book that he says he was against, so it’s about money. Goldmans were against the book being published until they got the rights to this.

Marcia Rachel Clark, Christopher Allen Darden, and others involved in the case both prosecution, defense and the detectives wrote books and got rich from this-When Detectives Mark J. Fuhrman, late Van Atter & Lange did this that defeated idea of what public service is-when they became cops, their job was to protect public, stop crimes, arrest those they think committed crimes and help prosecutors prove they’re guilty.
    But when they wrote books about this case and got rich, they defeated the idea of what public service is because cops and prosecutors job is public service and not get rich from crimes they investigate and solve-cops can’t accept rewards for catching criminals as it’s their job to do this.

Marcia R. Clark made millions writing a book about the Simpson case and again, it defeats the idea of public service. Marcia R. Clark and Christopher A. Darden’s job was to prove that OJ Simpson committed a double murder to a jury. If there was a conviction, then punishment would’ve been done by a judge but their job ended with the acquittal & should’ve been the end of it whether he was innocent or guilty. If they (the prosecutors), Detective Fuhrman, etc. want to talk about the case to the media as to why the acquittal happened & why they believe he did this, then that’s 1 thing, but to write books and get rich was again wrong and against public service idea. With Jodi Ann Arias, it’s become about money as well with a TV movie coming out, but I won’t watch this. If you have other thoughts, then please share, because as the OJ Simpson case has sadly for a long time been about money, so has this

21. Hummingbird

The only thing I'm going to reply to in this rambling post is in defense of Mark Furhman......

That ex-detective deserves every dam dime he's earned, thanks to that despicable Marcia Clark who let the joke of an OJ trial, who was on trial for butchering 2 people, turn into a trial of a 'rogue cop' - Mark Fuhrman.

She did everything she could to destroy the guy's reputation and after the trial, he left the PD. I bought his book about the murder and the 1st page is a letter from the publishing house, stating that after the trial THEY contacted Fuhrman, asking him to write a book, telling HIS side of the story and he did...... which he had every right to do. His book was a best seller, which led to more books and opportunities.

If you or anyone else doesn't like it that he is now financially comfortable.... well, to dam bad. He was one of the detectives called to the scene of a grisly double murder and thanks to Clark, he got the short end of a (*)(*)(*)(*)ty stick and OJ walked b/c she was to incompetent to know what she was doing.......

One thing I'll never forget about her was after the trial she was a guest on the Geraldo Riveria show. The first question he asked her was "Is it true that you were sleeping w/Christ Darden during the trial?" She giggled like a grade school girl and said "I'll never tell"... no wonder she couldn't focus on the trial w/her new lover sitting next to her.....

And Ron Goldman won the civil suit. He had a right to cash in on OJ's book...... OJ owed him a ton of $ and said Goldman would never get a dime. Goldman got the chance to stick it to the psychopath and I don't blame him........

22. funinsnow

Hummingbird, I do not think Detective Mark J. Fuhrman planted proof & didn't find Cochran's attack on him calling him a Nazi to be credible. Detective Mark J. Fuhrman is German and since Ron Lyle Goldman's Jewish, if Cochran's accusation is true, then Det. Mark J. Fuhrman would not care about solving Ron Lyle Goldman's murder. But it's possible that Ron Lyle Goldman was the intended victim not Nicole Brown Simpson. Only the killer(s) know why they did it. The late engineer RJ Wagner saw the 1995 murder trial in it's entirety & he didn't believe OJ Simpson did it but visited the crime scene 15 to 20 minutes after the double murder happened, after being lured by the killers which if true would explain why his DNA was found. OJ Simpson and his ex-wife were involved with the Mob as was Ron L. Goldman-it has been speculated that Ron L. Goldman was a drug dealer and that this double murder was done by the Underworld. Yes, there was enough proof to convict OJ Simpson beyond a reasonable doubt (DNA) but there's enough doubts about this case to believe it was done by multiple killers.

In criminal cases, you need beyond a reasonable doubt, not beyond any possible doubt. I didn't find the jealous ex husband theory of the prosecution to be credible because if anything, it's my view OJ Simpson had lost interest in his ex-wife, but only he knows.I have no problem with Det. Mark J. Furhman telling his side of story as long as he did it w/o making any money. Again, I don't believe he planted proof & I don't think Det. Mark J. Furhman did anything wrong in the OJ Simpson case, but when he profited from the case, I doubt his sincerity because he didn't become a cop to become rich. He became a cop to protect public, stop criminals, arrest criminals and help the prosecution prove them guilty in a court of law. He could get a pension after his law enforcement career's over (I don't think he committed perjury) but his main interest is to get rich. Now if he wants to say he did this for money, then it's his right, but let's be honest about what he, the prosecutors and the Goldman family are in it for-the money. The Brown family isn't profiting from this, so Denise Brown is sincere while others want money. Incidentally, while Denise Brown believes OJ Simpson's guilty, Nicole Brown's parents continued to see OJ Simpson for years after the acquittal in family gatherings with OJ Simpson's kids (their grandchildren). It's possible Nicole Brown's parents have doubts about whether OJ Simpson murdered their daughter but only they know.

With Jodi Ann Arias, hope neither the Alexander nor Arias family get rich from this. What would be best is for Jodi Ann Arias to go to prison for the rest of her life and then both the Alexander and Arias families go on with their lives. But sadly the case is about money. Only Jodi Ann Arias knows why she killed Travis Victor Alexander. 1 part where both defense lawyers are right is that Jodi Ann Arias was Travis V. Alexander's dirty little secret. Jodi Ann Arias wanted a serious relationship with Travis V. Alexander where she hoped he would marry her, have kids, but she stalked him when he lost interest, used sex with hope he would take her back, until the murder. Jodi Ann Arias didn't listen to her 2 lawyers and admits that she clashed with them. It's possible her 2 lawyers had wanted to argue Murder 2 by saying it was a passion crime with no preplanning but Jodi Ann Arias went against her lawyers advice.

23. Hummingbird

Good gawd...... whatever!

Fuhrman LEFT law enforcement, THEN became an author and a tv commentator on FoxNews......

Even if he had become an author while still in law enforcement, it would have been his choice and his right!

You seem to have a problem w/people earning money. And if people are awarded $ thru a lawsuit, like Goldman, why should that bother you?

24. funinsnow

Only saying that let's be honest about what it's about. When you start profiting from a case, then I think we have a right to know what you care about-justice or money. Goldmans repeatedly said they weren't interested in money but whenever they got a chance to make $, they did it. Detective Mark J. Furhman did not do anything illegal when he got rich from the OJ Simpson case, but after he did that, he should forfeit his retirement pension-he should never be allowed to work in law enforcement again because he got rich. I was against Detective Mark J. Furhman being convicted of felony perjury and believe his conviction should be reversed. But to repeat, what he did profiting from the OJ Simpson case defeated the idea of what police work is-public service.

Late engineer Richard J. Wagner (died 2003) who saw the 1995 murder trial and believes in OJ Simpson's innocence had a website where he explained by his science knowledge as an engineer why he believed in OJ Simpson's innocence, but he didn't make any money. Whether the late RJ Wagner is right or wrong-he is sincere and didn't make $, so @least we can't accuse him of profiting. If the late engineer RJ Wagner wrote a book on why he believed OJ Simpson's innocent, he would've been condemned as profiting from a double murder and even accused of saying what he didn't believe for $.

When you make $ from a case, then we have a right to wonder what you care about and whether you believe what you say. Alyce D. LaViolette made alot of $ testifying for Jodi Ann Arias and her credibility was damaged. Prosecutor raised the $ topic and Alyce D. LaViolette along with another defense witness Dr.Geffner both admitted that they earned money testifying for Jodi Ann Arias, especially Alyce D. LaViolette. No, Detective Mark J. Furhman isn't comparable to Alyce D. LaViolette because what he said is credible. However, Det. Mark J. Fuhrman should have said why he believes OJ Simpson committed double murder without making money because @least then to me, it would prove that he cares about the 2 victims and not the money. Cops should not become rich & when you do things for money, then we have a right to wonder what you care about.

25. funinsnow

Jury has decided that enough aggravating factors are there for death penalty. Hope that they give life in prison w/o parole as there are enough mitigating circumstances to spare her life. The Alexander family have been watching this for over 4 months. Both Travis V. Alexander's family and Jodi Ann Arias family will be able to speak. Don't know how many of Travis V. Alexander's family and friends think her life should be spared but if there are any, then they'll speak in victim impact statements.