Obama clearly a Muslim...

Discussion in 'Diplomacy & Conflict Resolution' started by onalandline, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

I think the left is relentless and unremitting. The only way to deal with them is to keep them busy while the processes of history grind down the Blue Model. They're running out of money.

2. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

The center-left was doing great for a long time!! We had prosperity unmatched in human history under center-left policies. Over the last 30 years however, the center-left has been under attack by neo-liberalism. The result being the recent collapse of the economy. There is some truth to the neo-liberal critique, that neo-liberal reforms DO tend create higher growth rates. The problem is, they also increase wealth concentration and increase the instability of capitalism. Or actually I should say, they remove the mechanisms the center-left uses to decrease the instability of capitalism(since capitalism is inherently unstable). The center left is the only hope for capitalism. If it loses out, some other model will need to be found and applied.

3. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

The center left model only truly succeeded during the era of Pax Americana. There was a correlation between the two. With the end of Pax Americana the Blue Model runs out of money. I don't see any way out of this dead end for the center left.

Much of the manufacturing base is gone forever. Surely the public school system cannot be counted on to restore America's declining reservoir of human capital. This era is coming to an end. Something new is coming. I don't know what it will be.

4. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

What Obama did was exactly the right thing to do.

Rather than let the US get dragged into another expensive conflict why not let Israel deal with it. It is mostly their problem and Netanyahu does not want to listen to what the US has to say anyway.

Obviously Israel wants to go after Iran (right wrong or otherwise). Netanyahu has stated that he will not give the US warning.

We have bases all over the region and it would not be good if missiles were raining down on those bases because Iran thinks the US is attacking.

Why do we have to be the nanny for every dispute that happens to arise throughout the globe ?

If Iran and Israel want to go to war .. let them and make sure that Iran knows we do not want to be involved so they don't send hundreds of missiles at our bases in the region.

5. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

As long as he isn't a Jew he could be from the Sombrero Galaxy.

6. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

Seriously, who cares if he's a Muslim? He says he's not, and because I don't care one way or the other I take him at his word. If he said he could levitate I might ask for some proof but his religious views do not keep me awake at night.

Why do you care?

7. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

I think what onalandline is trying to say is that peaceniks are all muslims ....and muslims are all peaceniks ....

I suspect that is wrong.

based on what is happening around the globe it is pretty clear that all muslims are not peaceniks.

it is also pretty clear that all peaceniks are not muslims.

onalandline needs to develop a new theory. :)

8. cassandrabandra

thats a good question.

our prime minister is an atheist ... can't imagine how a lot of posters on this forum would cope with their political leader being an atheist.

here ... it just isn't an issue. can't see why it matters one way or the other.

their ability to run the country is more important, I would have thought.

9. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

I think there's a really unhealthy obsession among some people with Obama's bona fides. I don't get it, but I think it would be far less tolerated if a bunch of black folks had kept yelling about Bush's papers. Although if someone's brand of minor lunacy only manifests itself in as an inability to get bored by the subject we should be relieved.

10. cassandrabandra

thats a good way of looking at it.

but when they post incessantly it influences others to share their lunacy ... and it doesn't seem to take much for some (generally not very bright) people to be convinced that this kind of bovine ordure is true.

11. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

I am always amused by those who are determined to find the 'secret signs' that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

The clear obvious evidence is that he is a Christian.

Let us compare:
    Church: Obama has been seen attending church
    Mosque: Obama has not been seen attending mosque
    Declaration of Christian faith: Obama has repeatedly and clearly discussed his Christian faith over and over.
    Declaration of Muslim faith: Obama has never declared he believes in the god of Mohammed- the best the Obama haters is taking his words out of context- one time.
    Dietary Restrictions: Muslims can't eat pork- Obama has been seen eating pork many times.
    Alcohol: Muslims can't drink alcohol- Obama regularly drinks alcohol
    Praying: Muslims are required to pray at- what is it- 4 or 5 regular times a day- Obama has never been seen participating in Muslim prayers.

Ramadan: Muslims are supposed to observe Ramadan by fasting during daylight hours- Obama doesn't fast during Ramadan.

Basically you have to ignore a mountain of evidence that he is not a Muslim and sift through the dust to find pebbles to suggest that he might be one.

Why is it so important for you that Obama be Muslim?

Giftedone and (deleted member) like this.
  12. unclebob

unclebob New Member

Oh, really? This is all news to me!

Arghhhh, What do we do!???!

13. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

Yeah, but he's also crafty and cunning.

14. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

Ya, it is because he is a secret Muslim obviously!! He wouldn't do those things because he would give himself away, and then it wouldn't be a secret!! It takes the keen psychic mind of the right-winger to see through this clever rouse, and to the heart of the matter!! Which is that Obama is obviously and objectively a Muslim communist terrorist!!

15. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

US Presidents bow to foreign leaders all the time. This has been done for decades when meeting royalty of foreign nations. Both President Bush Sr. and Junior bowed to Emperor Akahito, and Bush Senior bowed to his predecessor Emperor Showa. And both Presidents Bush bowed to a great many other leaders, including the rulers of Saudi Arabia. This is simply the way things are done politically.

And former Prime Minister Tony Blair bowed to the casket of President Reagan when he attended the services for the late president.

Interestingly enough, about the only references I could find for President Reagan bowing when he was in office was his refusal to bow to Emperor Showa. However, considering he is a member of the WWII generation, this is somewhat understandable. But I find nothing wrong with a President bowing to a foreign senior minister or head of state. As long as that is n keeping with the traditions of that leader's nation.

I see absolutely nothing here. Other then yet another mindless attack that probably belongs somewhere else, since it does not really deal with the military at all. Maybe this should be in the conspiracy thread?

16. Man on Fire

Man on Fire Banned

I doubt any of them bowed or failed to bow to Emperor Showa when he was alive as that was not his name. He was called Emperor Hirohito when he was a live. The Emperor Showa only came in to use when he died and then really only in Japan. I would say most people would call him Hirohito even after his death and that is what he is known as in the west to this day. I think it is best to use the name he is actually known as then people will know what you are talking about.

President Reagan did squat in WW2 unlike many other very brave Americans who fought overseas, he never left the states.

17. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

I lived in Japan for over a year, and was there at the end of the mourning period. So forgive me if I use the Japanese tradition. It is something I normally do when discussing the late emperor both here and in other places. But it is in common use in other places (such as some historians refering to his reign as the "Showa Era", just as the reign of (personal name) Emperor Mutsuhito is known today as the "Meiji Period" after his reign name. If you ask many people if they have heard of Emperor Mutsuhito, they will tell you no. But many would recognize the Meiji period.

So as you can see, this is not just typical in Japan. However, since the Emperor Akahito is the first new Emperor of Japan that the vast majority of us have ever seen (a 62 year reign), it is understood that many do not know the custom.

President Reagan as far as I can find refused to bow to any world leaders. However, this is hardly unique since Thomas Jefferson (who was a close and personal friend of President Reagan) also refused to bow to anybody.

As for President Reagan's wartime service, that was not as his own request. He had actually joined the Army way back in 1937, and as many actors did tried to see active wartime service during WWII. But as a major star of the era, he was refused and spent his time doing training films in California. However, are you aware that he could not serve overseas anyways? President Reagan had extreme myopia, and was only eligable to serve in the Army stateside. Medically he was ineligable to serve overseas.

But this is hardly unique. Jimmy Stewart had his pilot's license, but was assigned in Europe as the safe job of photographer. He only went on missions after assuring the higher staff they were "training missions", not bombing missions. John Wayne also wanted to serve, but his age and deferments left him as a civilian during the war. Tyrone Power joined the Marines where he served as a transport pilot.

Very few major stars of the era actually got to see combat. And most that did (like Jimmy Stewart and Eddie Albert) had to find ways to do it behind the backs of their superiors (who were ordered to keep them away from combat). Eddie Albert is a fascinating case of this. First he worked as a spy for the Army, then joined the Navy where they attached him to a Coast Guard unit. It was in this capacity that he rescued over 3 dozen Marines under enemy fire at Tarawa and earned a Bronze Star with V.

But thanks for trying to point out I was wrong, and that President Reagan did not fight in WWII.

18. Man on Fire

Man on Fire Banned

It is pretty much just used in Japan. The English speaking world would call him Emperor Hirohito. Historians would also use that term . Just a quick search of Amazon proves that point.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ps&field-keywords=Emperor+Hirohito+&x=14&y=24

Now if we search for Emperor Showa we just get the same books but all still using the name Hirohito.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ywords=Emperor+Showa&rh=i:aps,k:Emperor+Showa

You can use which term you like but generally most people and historians will call him Emperor Hirohito. They will probably call the period Showa but you were not talking about the period first off you were talking about the man.

19. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

As one who believes all religion is silly and gets in the way of your own introspection, the less Obama talks about religion the more I like it. As for those who want to believe Obama is a Muslim, they are goofier'n s**thouse rats.

20. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Still waiting for proof that Obama is Muslim.

21. Doctor Syn

Doctor Syn Banned

There isn't any.

22. onalandline

onalandline Well-Known Member Past Donor

23. Oryonder

Oryonder Banned

We could just as easily state "Why does/did (name of President) shun the Lebanon and the Palistinians and kiss Israeli ass. It seems like kind of a silly question. Obama has killed many Muslims including Bin Ladin. Surely he does not kiss "all" Muslim ass.

What is your overall point here ? Is it that Religious people should not be allowed to run for President ?

24. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

"We're going to keep on seeing if we make progress," Obama said during a news conference in Cartagena, Colombia. "Now the clock is ticking and I've been very clear to Iran and to our negotiating partners that we're not going to have these talks just drag out in a stalling process. But so far at least we haven't given away anything. The notion that somehow we've given something away or a 'freebie' would indicate Iran has gotten something. In fact, they've got some of the toughest sanctions that they're going to be facing coming up in just a few months if they don't take advantage of these talks."

25. onalandline

onalandline Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, I just don't believe that Obama is a Christian.