Andre Carson (D) :American schools should be modeled after Madrassas

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Consmike, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV?id={3EB5EB5F-2FBD-418C-BDAE-2A51C39ED647}&title=Muslim-Congressman-Wants-American-School-Curriculum-To-Follow-The-Koran

Where is the left. They must be outraged by this? I suspect they will call for his resignation for their stance on sep. of church and state that they believe.

I will be looking for many liberals from these forums to call for his resignation for them to keep consistent with their opinions.

2. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Andre Carson shoots himself in the foot when elaborating upon Madrassas by stating that their foundation is the Qur'an. This implies the establishment of a state religion, although he probably did not intend for his comments to mean such. Still, I see no reason why the flexibility of Madrassas should not be replicated in public schools.

3. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Well if it's on breitbart.com it must be true... [/sarcasm]

4. Grokmaster

Grokmaster Well-Known Member Past Donor

5. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh, I actually looked it up and it is true, at least in the clip that was part of the speech. No telling what the actual context was, as you can not expect the high journalistic standards and objectivity normally used by Breitbart to be present now.

It is certainly stupid, but it is no more stupid than the Christ cult folks screaming about prayer in school.

6. Grokmaster

Except that about 70% of the US identifies itself as Christian= IOW the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF THE TAXPAYERS...

7. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

Prayer in school is the same as a forced school curriculum based on Islamic religious beliefs to the left?

Makes sense. 1 Christian abortion clinic bomber balances out about 1000 Islamic jihadists. The brown skin factor kicks in and automatically creates a handicap based on political correctness.

8. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Is belief in Sharia a problem? Judaism and Christianity have similar constructs.

9. Grokmaster

Oh really? Please cite the "death to adulterers", or "stoning of homosexuals" being practiced in Christian nations, or Israel.

Make up much bullcrap?

Oh..look at your avatar; madeup bullcrap is your modus operandi...

10. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

These acts are not committed/advocated for in Christian nations or in Israel. Only in Islamic nations adhering to strict Salafi (Wahhabi) governance and/or the ideological manifestations of Sayyid Qutb are these practices present. Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are two prime examples.

Getting back to the discussion of general religious (rather than national or organizational) practices, Sharia is the Islamic equivalent of Halakha found in Judaism, and the combination of Mosaic Law, Canon Law, and various sectarian law systems found in Christianity.

11. Grokmaster

Getting back to your madeup bullcrap about "Christianity and Judaism" having "similar constructs"...spare us the equivocating nonsense, please.

How it is 'IN PRACTICE" is all that counts; save the snake oil bullcrap for your fellow UN supporters; they'll BELIEVE ANYTHING...

12. Think for myself

Yes.

Religion in schools is religion in schools, Not sure why you would think that one is allowable and the other is not.

13. Think for myself

So? Does that mean you can turn schools into snake handling and speaking in tongue clinics?

14. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

For the same reason why I would think a malignant melanoma is worse than a benign mole.

15. Think for myself

Well, unfortunately for your argument, the Constitution does not specify which religion should be barred form government, just religion in general.

16. Grokmaster

That means that the taxpayers ANYWHERE should be free to express their religious views WHEREVER they choose, including the schools they pay for.

To achieve that OBVIOUS RIGHT, school Choice must become the NATIONAL NORM, so as to not force the non-Christians to go to Christian Schools,and vice versa.

17. Grokmaster

Constitution does not say that at all; it says that there cannot be an "official state religion", and that the government CANNOT PREVENT THE FREE PRACTICE THEREOF, of any religion.

18. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

To those who make hasty generalizations, the actions of the Taliban, the radical Salafis in Saudi Arabia, and other Islamic extremists constitute the practices of said religion. This is far from the truth. Ideological divide in the Muslim community is quite apparent. In the United States, Salafis condemn the actions of Osama Bin Laden. Sufis, who practice a mystic form of Islam, embrace modernity, rejecting the literalist practices of the Salafis. Modernists combine the traditions of their religion while upholding progress.

From accounts of followers that I have read, both in the Middle East and in the United States, most criticize Osama bin Laden and other terrorists of corrupting their religion. Many are quite critical of the Salafis of Saudi Arabia, denouncing their extreme tactics of forwarding the faith globally.

To discuss the similarities of Mosaic/Canon Law and Halakha to Sharia, lets take a prominent issue, homosexuality, into context.

Leviticus 20 (Judaism and Christianity) states, 'If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them.'

Surah 4, verses 15 and 16 of the Qur'an state the following in relation to the people of Lut, or the residents of Sodom and Gomorrah, engagers in homosexuality:

All three religious texts, with a literalist interpretation, call for sever punishment, even death, of those who engage in homosexuality.

19. Think for myself

Excellent. I would then agree Muslims, Christians, and all other myths are free to practice their rituals outside of schools.

20. thediplomat2.0

thediplomat2.0 Banned

Followers of the Abrahamic faith may exercise their religious practices in any education institution not government affiliated. At my college, American University, there is a spiritual life center, which houses places of worship for people of all faiths.

21. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Total weak sauce. I don't give a rat's what you as a tax payer want taught in the schools. You are not an educator. The schools are not there to teach religion.

I am not even sure Mr Carson is advocating teaching religion in the schools. He IS saying that the madrassas with which he is involved use a combination or visual, auditory and kinaesthetics teaching principles.

WELL, FREAKING DUH!

Leave it to a bunch of ignorant rightwingnuts to get their panties in a knot when somebody who knows what they are talking about brings up something that makes sense.

Horse feathers. All that "choice" would do is break the public school system so that the poor are stuck with the Christian equivalent of a madrassa or nothing.

They would probably be racially segregated, too, just to be sure that the darkies can't get together with intelligernt white people to put the public schools back together after they find out what a line of (*)(*)(*)(*) the right wing has sold them.

22. The Real American Thinker

The Real American Thinker New Member

Why should I demand his resignation?

23. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

[video=youtube;9dsVXDIn77Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dsVXDIn77Q[/video]

_

24. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Like marrying 6 year olds?

Sex with your wife after shes dead?

Women are property?

Stoning?

"Honor" Killings?

25. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

We are just seeing another manifestation of the Muslim Nazi-like master-race superiority complex at work.

_