ABC, NBC Finally Acknowledge Existence of Gruber Videos

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Gatewood, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Gatewood

Gatewood Well-Known Member

Incredible! Aside from some minor token coverage from CBS it took the rest of the Left-tilted Big Three (ABC, NBC/MSNBC) nine days to reluctantly conclude that the multiple Gruber videos were not just going to go away if they tried pulling another ACORN and ignore the existence of this 'where there is smoke there is fire' story.

Of course most likely they were waiting until Obama's speech writers worked hand in glove with the staffers of the very news hosts who were going to eventually 'break' the story to the nation so that the Dem Party politicians receiving their resulting -- oh so mild -- softball-style 'grilling' would have all their plausible deniability and spin and cover ducks in a little feathered row.

My apologies to Left of Center posters for this announcement coming from a Right of Center outlet. But that's necessary since STILL Left of Center pundits are too terrified of ticking off the Obama administration to actually write a thought piece on Gruber as he relates to this administration's hand in crafting the ACA:

One wonders if at this point in time the bulk of the Mainstream Media will ever be capable of severing its deep political ties with the Left . . . or indeed, if it will ever even experience the ethical urge so to do. It's damn sad and it's actually dangerous to this nation for the bulk of the Mainstream Media being reduced to nothing more on the whole than a spin and cover outlet for the Democratic Party in general and for this president specifically.

2. way2convey

way2convey Well-Known Member

Love this bite, "playing into every fear that many conservatives had about this bill", as if it was only conservatives who had apprehension about the ACA when Pelosi herself said "hey folks.....you'll just have to wait until AFTER we pass it to find out what's it in...hehehehe".
    The boys & girls in the big three have been burying O'care reality since day one and they are still either oblivious, unconscious or just plain dishonest...hell, maybe all three. Who knows. What we do know is they've been in Obama's corner since before he got elected and remain there today. elite, cowardly (*)(*)(*)(*) heads....the entire bunch.

3. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Am I the ONLY one who saw these on MSM'S?? Including lines like 'with friends like this, who needs enemies'?? I don't get what I'm supposed to be outraged about. What he said?? Or how fast the 3 networks reported it? Actually, I have no idea what THE RIGHT considers MSM these days. That too is a moving target.

4. Gatewood

Obviously I am in agreement with you, but the thing to remember about the bulk of these 'spin and cover for the Dem Party and for Obama' journalists is that most of them really are (or at least were) legs tingling, Obamagasming groupies of Barack Obama's back in 2008, even though most of them were intelligent or clever enough not to actually announce their love affair with Barack to the entire world as Chris Matthews of MSNBC so very famously announced his innermost feeeeeeeeeeeeeelings about the Anointed One, but also perhaps even more important are the ones who are not such fans of Obama but whom do not dare overtly display their disapproval for fear of professional repercussions.

For instance they know what happened to top flight investigative reporter Sharyl Attkinson of CBS when she refused to shut up and give Obama and company a patented free press pass on Benghazi, and they are terrified of being frozen out of their cushy and extremely well-paying jobs by their peers if they 'discover' that Obama is not 'all that' or admit that the Dem Party leadership is filled with almost nothing but very nearly insane radical leftists.

5. Gatewood

MSNBC is not one of the three traditional broadcast networks although it is co-owned and artificially kept financially afloat by one of them. This is not really all that difficult to comprehend. NBC is about as Mainstream as it gets. NBC's radical leftwing propaganda outlet, MSNBC, however . . . is not. But being intimately tied to MSNBC means that NBC is not in any way whatsoever politically non-partisan.

6. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Please don't feel like you have to be outraged at all.
    The true believers will not be effected by this at all (though I'm sure they wish Gruber had shut his mouth). And of course right wingers will
    not be surprised by the many Gruber video tapes that are all surfacing.

You should be concerned by people in the vast middle though, who may suddenly feel quite angry by this Obama guy calling them idiots and laughing at how they played them for suckers. This issue will reverberate and open lots of eyes for people who weren't paying attention before and the dividends will pay off in 2016, undoubtedly.

7. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

And FOX reporters are stonethrowing, flamebaiters who have a bevy of the lame, the lying and the blonde 'leg' flashers, all well paid PARTISAN HACKS that couldn't fact check their own birth certificates.

8. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

I think I'd go light on the "PROPPED UP MSBNC from the coffers of NBC" theme. It shows a complete ignorance of the history of broadcast news.
    It's ONLY BEEN in the last 2 DECADES (or less) that that WASN'T the exact model of networks and their news divisions.

As for your attack on WHAT PROPS UP WHAT in the news arena, the 'go to' WASHINGTON TIMES which appears to give the Right tingles up
    it's legs, as it appears here at least 3 or 4 times a day, is wholly OWNED by the Moonies and hasn't made a DIME since its creation in 1982
    . It was
    (might still be) hemorrhaging cash so fast it required biweekly infusions just to keep it from closing its doors. (That 'stranger than fiction' foreign media ownership, even after 30 years is one of weirdest 'marriages' of American conservatism and 'foreigners are evil' incongruities I've ever known
    especially given why the CULT LEADER Reverend Sun Myong Moon bought the damn thing to begin with. Watch out for a 'cult leader' scorned).

Do you assume everyone is as ignorant or dare I say HYPOCRITICAL on these matters as you assume I am??

9. Bisquit

Bisquit Well-Known Member

Where exactly did you get that Obama called anybody idiots? I thought the Gruber guy was just one of dozens of advisors brought in to work on putting healthcare together. Was he the one who had the final decision of how it was presented? Was he even on the staff, or just an advisor? How exactly can his remarks be attributed to the president? I know you want to present the president in the most unfavorable light, but are you really willing to use that much dishonesty to do it?

10. zbr6

zbr6 Banned

The people who you worship ...who you allow incredible control over your life ...think that you are ...in no uncertain terms ...an eaisly manipulated idiot.

(their words not mine)

And your problem with that is ...Fox News?

11. Daily Bread

Daily Bread New Member

The truth will never get out to the American citizens now or in the future . Realize how corrupt this government would be if not for the internet and a few common sense newsman with values . We need more right wing outlets so the lies and deceit that the ,as Gruber says, stupid democrats spew as part of the left doctrine can be rebuffed. They sure did pick the "easy" party to indoctrinate ,didn't they .

12. Daily Bread

Daily Bread New Member

They gave him $400,000 of my taxes to implement this lie . And with your comment I can see how he developed his comment!

13. Rainbow Crow

Rainbow Crow New Member Past Donor

It'd be nice if conservatives would stop hate-watching MSNBC, their ratings would tank even faster. The sooner that network goes into the red the better.

14. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

LOL. Cite those "at least 3 or 4 times a day" where the Wash Times is linked here. Didn't happen.

To the topic, we see the new defense is morphing into "face in the crowd" because the old defense, "ignore and maybe it will go away" has in fact gone away. Don't think for a minute that without all the Fox coverage of this we'd have seen word one out of the Big Three on it. I'll project the stages of MSM treatment of Gruber:

1. Head in the sand/ignore go away... calling the American People idiots over an indisputably contentious, massive piece of legislation is not newsworthy.
    2. Face in the crowd... well no one really knew who this guy was, he's a bit player crank of some sort. We are in this stage.
    3. Diffusion and projection... Look at all these times someone from the nonleft called the American voter stupid! BUSHDIDIT!
    4. Wait it out and deflect ... HEY LOOK AT THAT SHINY THING OVER THERE! WTH IS THAT? IS THAT BILL COSBY RAPING SOME POOR WOMAN OVER IN THE ALLEY THERE? FERGUSON FERGUSON!

15. Sanskrit

Sanskrit Well-Known Member

Eh, too many fauxhippiecoffeeshops and diploma mill student union lounges out there unfortunately.

16. PeppermintTwist

PeppermintTwist Well-Known Member Past Donor

Right wingers always need validation for their blind hatred of the POTUS. They latch onto every morsel of garbage and gobble it up and then regurgitate it and start the process over and over again.
    Not enough Ebola cases to yap about lately, so we have come full circle back to The ACA. No surprises here.

17. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

ROFL! My bad. I admit; I went there election night to see the shock, sorry, and cry baby antics of the network. I was not disappointed.

18. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

lol... Peppertwist actually used a DailyKos link against a story that shows how indoctrinated and easily manipulated Liberals are.

The irony is too rich. :smile:

19. ballantine

ballantine Banned

ROFL! It took the hapless Democraps 9 days to even create a talking point. LOLOL! Deer in the headlights much? :roflol:

20. Prunepicker

Prunepicker Well-Known Member

I can't believe there are people that don't see calling the American voters
    stupid as a problem. And their only reply is to complain about Fox News
    reporting it and screaming hate.

What would be the purpose of hating the president?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...uber-was-well-paid-adviser-for-obamacare-and/

21. Battle3

Battle3 Well-Known Member

LOL its so funny watching the progs shrug and act as if nothing happened.

22. HTownMarine

HTownMarine Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your article doesn't address why he said what he said, it only makes excuses that what he said shouldn't matter.

But it does. You lose.

23. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Now if we can just get them to report on the millions this shyster is making off of the taxpayers. What a racket. The guy is a complete fraud, goes around bragging about the fraud, is there any chance he'll ever be charged with fraud?

24. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

This behavior from the left loon media should alarm every American, and sadly, when they finally realize that not being real journalists instead of ideological propagandists, it will be too late. China and Russia fully support journalists that write for the party

25. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

So what were these "disparaging remarks"?