Trump berates CNN reporter: 'You are fake news'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Marcotic

Marcotic Well-Known Member

I'm no Trump hater, I can just see the man warts and all. I saw politics as usual, and no one has convinced me otherwise.

2. GreenBayMatters

GreenBayMatters Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're quite an unpleasant bloke aren't you. And you seem to take great joy in being unpleasant. The guy didn't criticize your belief system, why get your knickers in a knot over his.

3. Papastox

Papastox Well-Known Member

Yay Trump! Ban CNN from your press conferences for starters...

4. Homer J Thompson

Homer J Thompson Banned

I can't admit it. He didn't wuss out but thanks for pointing out how Barry and Hillary did.

5. Marcotic

This CNN guy, what was the question he asked? How do you know its nonsense? From what I heard, he asked no question.

6. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

Like CNN, you're assuming. You have no idea who applauded CNN's beat down.

7. GreenBayMatters

GreenBayMatters Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're quite an unpleasant bloke aren't you. And you seem to take great joy in being unpleasant. The guy didn't criticize your belief system, why get your knickers in a knot over his.

8. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Oh man this Trump is the gift the keeps on giving. Voting for Trump is the single most important decision I ever made in my life.

I literally saved the country with my vote!

9. mdrobster

mdrobster Well-Known Member

well trump supporters now have to deal with the fact that pres trump now believes russia was behind the hacking. :)

my guess, they will continue to deny the reality :)

10. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

Sorry but that's complete rubbish. How on earth do you research something that doesn't exist and has just ONE ancient book as substantiating 'evidence'? I don't take anything on trust because of an absurd promise of paradise if I do, or hideous eternity if I don't. I have far more important things to be getting on with, frankly, than wasting my time on superstition and imagining a cloud formation is an 'apparition'. Some people really need to get out more...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...UICCgB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=6UGWuLNoU8eeVM:

11. yardmeat

yardmeat Well-Known Member

They deserve criticism for running with the story, but I'm sorry, this is absolutely hilarious: the man who thought that birtherism was newsworthy, who has shared National Inquirer stories, and who hides behind "Well that's just what some people are saying" excuses at every turn . . . is criticizing CNN for fake news. The snake deserves everything coming at him.

12. Marcotic

Not surprising, no Trumbie could.

I really wish there was a clever combination of Trump and Zombie. I just may start calling them Homer J Thomsons instead? Thankfully it looks like I'll be schoolin' this one for awhile. I think I'll get it down.

13. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Based on their actions, why should they get a question?

Every other news organization was allowed to ask their questions.

If they can act like professionals then I'm sure they'll be treated as professionals.

14. AlpinLuke

AlpinLuke Well-Known Member

Not fake, properly, but politically oriented [like the posts of the members of this forum, to make it clear]. It's a pivotal difference.

You can tell something real in a way that it seems to be something different. You don't tell lies, you make a politically oriented reconstruction.

15. vino909

vino909 Well-Known Member

If it walks like a duck..... etc. etc. CNN got what it deserved.

16. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

I don't have a belief system. Religions are unpleasant; they start wars, their clerics get a free pass from their boss for buggering little boys and ruining their lives, they allow nuns to beat small children with sticks, they spawn bastards like Fred Phelps. I have no time for stupidity and cruelty, nor for those who hide behind a position of trust only to betray and abuse it in the most disgusting way. I have nothing but contempt for religions.

17. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Trump was spot on. Good to have a president describe these POS liars for what they are

18. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Getting into the non-governmental DNC servers and Podesta's email by typing "password" required a lot of effort by high level operatives I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately you displayed parts of your belief system.

19. The Mello Guy

The Mello Guy Well-Known Member

They must be getting used to denying (*)(*)(*)(*) that Donald denies only to have him turn around and admit it

20. Marcotic

And in principle I agree with you. Maybe it wasn't so much what Trump did than how he did it. I mean he clearly has problems with their journalistic integrity, valid one's I'll grant. NOT answering the questions of such an organization would be sensible, as a form of punishment. But see, this is where I would differ.

I wouldn't passive aggressively ignore CNN, I would either publicly announce that they aren't welcome in the pit and lay out my reasoning why. I would make it a matter of record and make my arguments strong enough to stand on their own. I'd conclude that, in time I may let CNN back into the fold if they can demonstrate journalistic integrity worthy of my time.
    OR
    I would answer the twits question straight away, crush it then use my time dismantling his organization and its roughshod journalism.
    If he started demanding anything from me I wouldn't waste my breath berating CNN, but rather point out that he is on my time, and his disrespect of my Press Conference has cost CNN access to the next one. Then I'd rip into his organizations shoddy journalistic practices.

What he did wasn't the worst thing he could've done but it came of as unhinged, and obviously is spraying ink all over his "tough guy" demeanor, depending on who you ask. It was rather like a drunk strutting, sure it got him where he wanted to go, but with neither grace, precision or responsibility.

21. vanityofvanitys

vanityofvanitys Well-Known Member

That's fine.

But as for those like me. We think it totally impossible all these eye witnesses are lying at every divine manifestation. Plus the facts, documented facts, surrounding many of these events are not able to be explained by science or any other method as some natural occurrence. Until they can we believe the facts speak for themselves... i.e. God has spoken.

22. Terrapinstation

Terrapinstation Well-Known Member

The days of the liberal media attacking and destroying republicans are over. Trump isn't going to sit back like Bush did and 'take it'. The media, much like liberalism, has been utterly exposed and destroyed the last few months. And it's about (*)(*)(*)(*)ing time

23. Borat

Borat Banned

Dude, sorry, i still don't see it this way. Cowardice is an action motivated by fear, in this situation the fear of not being able to answer the question. Clearly that wasn't the case, Trump was doling out well deserved punishment to a rogue out of control lying media outlet. He was taking questions from others so clearly he wasn't afraid.

24. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah. CNN noted the claim was unsubstantiated.

25. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

and yet, AGW...