White Flight

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by GeorgiaAmy, Jul 11, 2016.

1. perotista

perotista Well-Known Member Past Donor

The Thai spoken let's say south of the Korat Plateau is different than in Issan. It has been said there are more Lao living in Thailand than in Laos. Issan, the northeastern portion of Thailand and along the Mekong down to Cambodia. Different dialects. The language I found out spoken around Udorn, Ubon, NKP etc is more Lao than Thai. At least that was the way it was when I was there.

Actually at one time the whole of the Northeastern portion of Thailand was part of Laos or Lang Xaing. It makes sense around that portion of Thailand the language would resemble Lao more than Thai as spoke Around Bangkok.

2. lizarddust

lizarddust Well-Known Member

Agreed. There are more Lao speakers in Thailand than in Laos. 22 million from what I remember. Isaan Thai is actually a Lao dialect.,

That entire region south of the Mekong once belonged to Laos until in 1907. With a stroke of a pen the French 'gave' a large proportion to Siam. The Brits did something similar in northern Malaya, giving a number of provinces to Siam. The only problem being was those Malay provinces were totally Muslim. Then all of a sudden, Muslim Malays found themselves 'citizens' of a predominantly Buddhist nation. It was called the Anglo‐Siamese Treaty, colonial powers meddling with the affairs of sovereign nations.

The regions that border Cambodia are still heavily influenced by the Mon-Khmer group of languages, especially the ethnic groups.

3. Pycckia

Pycckia Well-Known Member

Races may not own behaviors but the different cultures of the different races do. I am confident that black people could act like white people if they wanted to, and doing so would enhance their lives.

But they don't seem to want to. I speculate it is because they are afraid, deep down, that they couldn't compete with white people.

4. perotista

It keeps going up. When I was in Laos it was a country of 3 million and 7 million in Cambodia. Thailand had 40 million if I recollect right. Its not unusual for western powers to redraw lines. One of the reasons we have so many problems in the middle east is after WWI and the fall of the Ottoman Empire, country boundary lines were drawn so the French and English could each have their own control or influence. No thoughts were given to religion or tribes. Just colonial influence.

5. lizarddust

Africa being drawn up along geographic lines (not ethnic lines) is one of the main reasons for its problems.

6. GeorgiaAmy

GeorgiaAmy Well-Known Member

What was my "some of my best friends" claim?
    Low opinion of blacks? I haven't espoused opinions of blacks. You won't find evidence to the contrary. If you do, share it.
    Find an example of a community that shifts from primarily white to primarily black and has increased property values, lower crime, and better public school performance.

7. GeorgiaAmy

Tell me about these white people, good hospitals and grocery stores.

8. GeorgiaAmy

Wealthy grocery stores? Hospitals?
    How ignorant. If any knowledgeable poster was going to discuss significant access the wealthy had, public education would be #1.
    Absolutely a no brainer.

9. perotista

Exactly. You are going to have wars and rumors of wars regardless. But having westerners decided the boundary lines wherever, added many additional turmoils, agitation etc. that wouldn't have been there without it.

10. Pycckia

It is always convenient to blame Whitey, isn't it. It is not like there were no wars in Africa before the Europeans came. Where do you think the Africans got their supply of slaves to sell to the Europeans?

If the lines had been drawn differently, you just would have had wars between nations instead of civil wars.

The Europeans brought civilization with them. They are hardly to blame if the Africans remain savages.

11. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Well-Known Member Past Donor

So what? What's you're point if you have one?

12. YouLie

YouLie Well-Known Member

Tell you what? That they earned it and don't deserve to have their communities inundated by crime and leaches?

13. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Her "point" was that as long as she lives in a white dominated area...she'll "accept" blacks...

But should they exceed that limit (I believe 20% was her top limit) she's GONE.

14. perotista

What part of this didn't you understand, "You are going to have wars and rumors of wars regardless. But having westerners decided the boundary lines wherever, added many additional turmoils, agitation etc. that wouldn't have been there without it."

Translated, There always have been wars and rumors of wars, but having westerners draw the boundary lines as they did only added additional Turmoils and agitation to that situation. The key word here is additional.

15. lizarddust

You appear to have a low opinion of non- Caucasians.

16. Pycckia

That's easy to say, but how could you know? Perhaps the boundaries actually decreased turmoil by fragmenting tribes.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a very high opinion of Chinese and Japanese. Africans not so much. I mean, Black Africans outside of Eithiopia didn't have a written language until the Europeans taught them about it.

17. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Her point is that she doesn't want any Black neighbors. And if any move near her, she will move out of that neighborhood. How are we ever going to develop a love for diversity if we can't even live near one another?:confusion:

18. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere that ancient Africans had great civilizations thousands of years ago. Are you saying that Whites taught them everything they knew? Where did these Whites originate?

19. Pycckia

Fairy tales.

Hardly. Whites could only pass along a fraction of their knowledge.

France, England, Germany, the Netherlands mostly.

20. Belch

Belch Well-Known Member

I had my fill of diversity as a younger and poorer man. Now I can afford to live in a nice neighborhood.

21. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Nope. Not fairy tales. Google: Kingdom of Kush. You will find the info there. This kingdom existed in the northern Sudan and was founded in 1070 BC. I'm sure there were no Whites there, so they couldn't have taught them anything.
    Blacks were the first humans on earth. That means that Whites are decendants of Blacks. So, if anything, Blacks taught Whites.:roll:

22. Lesh

Lesh Banned

Fairy tales?

Look up Carthage. It's called history

- - - Updated - - -

My neighbors are white.black,Muslim, and Jewish. We all get along quite well. It IS a nice neighborhood.

23. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

Belch, you don't know what you're missing!:wink:

24. Moriah

Moriah Well-Known Member

My neighbors are mostly Mexicans, with a few Blacks. I get along well with my neighbors.

25. LokiGragg

LokiGragg New Member

Same, except I've had my fill of Latinos. Just imagine being one of three whites kids in a school of 3800, the vast majority of which were Mexicans/Latinos. Yeah, definitely had my fill of their particularly violent brand of racism.