Obama ‘sandbagging’ immigration policy, easing ‘amnesty,’ gaining votes

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Feb 20, 2012.

1. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Game Set Match!

2. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Any job. Hence why there was the graph as well, showing unemployment in the US, compared to the workforce.

3. siddhartha

siddhartha New Member

The only answer to immigration reform is amnesty for those here and to make the process quicker and easier for those coming to America. Currently it takes a decade or more to become a citizen. That's unacceptable.

Republicans have no interest in solving the problem. It's crystal clear. Its a political powder keg and they only want to use the issue to attack the president.

I don't fault the President for maintaining the same status quo that the administration before him held. He's had enough on his plate and quite frankly, with our economy in the state it is, illegal immigration is actually down.

4. siddhartha

siddhartha New Member

The local burger shack would have to apply and give a good reason. That's kinda how it works.

5. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Again you deflect. If an illegal takes a job in what manner is another created. Graphs are meaningless without total context.

6. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

7. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Again you blame "Republicans" but then forgive the man you defend. So its the Republicans fault but Obama can keep the "status quo" aka do nothing and its ok? You people that defend one party over the other for no valid reasons are (*)(*)(*)(*)ing funny! Sadly your lack of thought or logic affects us all when you vote.

8. siddhartha

siddhartha New Member

I didn't BLAME Republicans for anything. I pointed out that Republicans didn't and haven't done anything about immigration, now or when they had control of government. Its a fact.

The attack on the President over immigration is political, nothing more.

And no, I think that attempting to tackle immigration reform now is complete folly. You know and I know that its absolutely ridiculous to consider it realistically in an election year. Nobody wants any part of it, especially Republicans who are deeply divided over what to do among themselves.

This is nothing more than a silly partisan attack.

9. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I'm not deflecting, I answered your question.

10. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm sure the White House wouldn't let them in the door if they weren't. Notice Media Matters and Move On are NOT on the list.

11. siddhartha

siddhartha New Member

They accommodated a high school student reporter.

Media Matters is a media watchdog. They report on the reporters. MoveOn isn't a news organization. Shouldn't you know this stuff?

12. Professor Peabody

From Nov 2011 to Jan 2012 there are 1.8 Million LESS people employed in the U.S. I find it unconscionable that Obama would rather make working illegals legal when approx 4.2 million jobs (farm work excluded) could go to unemployed American Citizens. Why would any President do that?

13. Professor Peabody

Well at least you think so anyway.

However, I always doubt the veracity of unattributed quotes so link to the high school students story please.

14. Professor Peabody

If an illegal takes a job in what manner is another created?

15. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I'm going to change it up. Let's say a robot takes over the ordering at a fast food resturant. The guy loses his job. A new job is created though. Someone has to repair the robot if it breaks. That's the basic idea behind it.

16. Professor Peabody

An illegal is not a robot. A robot is a machine. Please answer the question in human terms thank you.

Stated simply, there are 2 men and 1 job, if an illegal takes that job in what manner is another created?

17. siddhartha

siddhartha New Member

Funny how you're article doesn't include any factual data. Just demagoguery.

Back at ya.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/12/10/truth-about-health-care-waivers

18. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Isn't the concept the same? Introducing a second worker, and a new job appears.

19. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Whhaat??? O'Bama pandering for votes? Say it ain't so!

20. Professor Peabody

So there is a job created if an illegals battery fails or the computer in his/her head needs to be rebooted? That's quite a concept ya got there. How and why would a new job "appear" after hiring an illegal?

A company doesn't hire illegals to spend as much money as hiring a legal workers. Chances are they have few if any benefits like health insurance. The health care and insurance industries would NOT need to hire more workers where they may have if the employer hired a legal worker with health insurance. Is that what you mean?

21. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

I don't think Illegals will need to have thier battery replaced. Let's say a farmer gets fired, and an illegal gets hired. The illegal needs farming tools, for this argument, let's say a tractor. Someone has to build tha tractor, thereby a new job is created.

No. I'm not arguing the motives, just what happens when an illegal is hired.

22. Professor Peabody

That would work the same for legal citizens hired as well, so that argument is no help in hiring illegals vs legals. In fact it's worse for the same reason outlined in post #45.

23. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

The concept of adding a second worker to one job, it goes the same no matter what. And my argument was based upon the actions not the motive.

24. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

The Balkanization is almost complete ...:disbelief:

25. Professor Peabody

I surely hope every unemployed person votes against Obama in November. Approx 4.2 million of 'em could have jobs right now if the Obama administration would simply crack down on the employers.

Take away their ability to get and keep legitimate jobs with phony or stolen social security numbers. The SSA and IRS are all too well aware of multiple people using a single social security number. With modern computer databases, it wouldn't be hard to pluck out all the duplicate or non issued users excepting the original issuee. Then send notices to their employers the duplicate users payments are coming from that there appears to be an error and they must verify the social security number of their employee(s) within 30 days or face massive fines and jail time. E-Verify must become manditory, no exceptions and used to verify citizenship for any government benefits as well. Take away their ability to get legitimate jobs with forged paperwork and they will go home on their own.

This is a simple cost effective way to open up several million existing jobs to citizens out of work. It will also save Billions in Government benefits going to those who circumvented the legal immigration process. If Obama and the Democrats won't do this NOW, then they need to be replaced this November.