Positive effects of Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sadistic-Savior, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Bowerbird

Bowerbird Well-Known Member

Linky??

Proof please

2. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Seriously you people and your (*)(*)(*)(*) proof. It was a god (*)(*)(*)(*) science article i read. all youd have to do is google the freaking thing you lazy bastard! lol

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012...ity-set-to-diminish-is-global-cooling-coming/

yeah im sure you think fox news is stupid but it was the first one i found and they didnt come up with the info, scientists did. its 11 years, not 20. couldnt remember

3. Bowerbird

Sorry are you mistaking bad journalism for science again?

Edited to add

BWA HA HA HA HA HA !!! Always follow the money - and in this case the embedded links to the original sources and what to we find?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2012/solar-output-research

4. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Sigh. see I knew you were going to do that? (*)(*)(*)(*)ing ignorant blindly following liberal news medias that are wayyy more biased than fox news. Why don't you do your own (*)(*)(*)(*) research on the topic? or do you just blindly follow obama and the people he sucks up to and think global warming is unnatural and all humanity's fault. You must not know anything about the cycles of the earth and the sun.

5. Bowerbird

Check my last reply because I found that Faux news were doing what I expected - trying to hide the pea

Actually the game of hide the pea is all through that article but your education on how to critique articles will have to wait for another day

I want to post this

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

6. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

I'm sorry, but how many times in recent months have people trying to talk up global warming been proven to have lied about the numbers? Was it 3 or 4? I really can't remember... :cool:

7. Bowerbird

Proof? Linky?

OPr are you confusing bad journalism with science as you did before

BTW wasn't that a nice catch on the Faux news journalists spinning the truth?

8. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

FOX news is the best news station. they arent openly biased and many of their shows contain people from all political point of views. Just because your ignorant and don't keep up with the news doesn't make it magically not true. why dont YOU back up YOUR "facts"? Why should I have to "prove" that there have been scientists fudging numbers when it comes to global warming issues. I know there was one that was pretty big news, and at least one other one that was less noteworthy. Maybe if you did something with your life besides trolling facts, you might know about it.

9. Thx

Thx New Member

For one thing, there is more fresh water with all the flooding... too bad we can't harvest it by building large reservours along the Mississippi River.

Then, wind power might be more feasible with incresed storms, there might be a big demand for storm and flood-proof houses.

They are growing grapes in places that were once too cold...

But none of that is worth the upheaval and ruin global warming and pollution could and is bringing.

The Arctic Ocean is becoming less salty and this could change the course of the Gulf Current and plunge Western Europe into an ice age.

The seas are near to being poisoned by CO2 and the Siberian permafrost is turning into methane belching bogs...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RkScrSc6D4"]Permafrost Melts - YouTube[/ame]

I remember hearing a climatologist back around 2005 saying how frightened her peers were at the thought of the Siberian and Canadian permafrost thawing.

It's a done deal.

Thx

10. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

11. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

The earth runs on cycles. warms and colds over thousands of years. we are actually due for another ice age within another 1000 years probably. Is mankind making the earth warmer? I would say thats likely. Does global warming happen naturally anyway? Yes, even without a single human the earth would get warmer. At least until the atmosphere goes through a major autocorrect like an ice age.

12. Thx

Thx New Member

No, we have pushed it to the absolute limit like we do with everything like the deficit for instance and now we will reap the wind.

It's probably too late to slow down or even stop it now that Siberia is turning into a bog.

We played and now we pay.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7oOgwFNy0&feature=related"]Coral Bleaching - YouTube[/ame]

Thx

13. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Yeah man. Just go ahead and blindly follow what everyone else tells you. Why don't you do a little research into the cycles of the earth and sun and how temperatures vary over thousands and millions of years. global warming is a natural phenomenon and at the worst all we do is exacerbate it. I would love to be able to fix the system, but we don't have the way or the money for it. we have to live today before we can live tomorrow.

14. Thx

Thx New Member

Lol, yeah man, just stand there while Manhattan-sized chunks of glacier fall off Greenland and all of Siberia turns into a stinking bog...

But just believe whatever Rush Limblah feeds you from the Fox propaganda machine. "Global warming is perfectly natural..."

Pffft.

Naturally I expect T-pub sheeple to bury their head in the sand and hope it all just goes away, that's their standard operating procedure.

Thx

15. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/natural-cycle

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2001/06/010615071248.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-481613/Global-warming-Its-natural-say-experts.html

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...f-earths-natural-cycle-mit-team-says-yes.html

I'm sorry... were all of those done by Fox news too?

16. Thx

Thx New Member

Wow, I guess that 97% of climatologists have this wrong...

"The Buzz: Scientists Concur on Global Warming
    Posted on: January 22, 2009 5:18 PM, by Erin Johnson

Recently, ScienceBlogger Jonah Lehrer pondered if the Bush Administration's stifling of climatology data did more than influence the scientific process—if it effected American psychology as well. But with a new administration comes a chance for free scientific expression, and as President Obama was being inaugurated, a study was released that asserts louder than ever that scientists believe global warming is being caused by human activity with a bold 97 percent of the active climatologists surveyed in agreement. However, according to the study, reported by James Hrynyshyn from Island of Doubt, the general public still needs some convincing."

http://www.climatologynews.com/link.asp?ID=381931&Title=Scientists Concur on Global Warming

Yeah, I know going along with the 97% bucks what they say on Fox, but I am going to go along with the herd on this, what with small things like the salinity of the Arctic Sea changing, 40% of corral reefs in the Coral Triangle dead and a minor hunk of real estate, Siberia percolating methane.

Hey, I could dig up a few crack-pots that say almost anything.

Thx

17. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

global warming does have benefits because alot of northern states get warm winters now like is happening this season

but there is also the problem of melting it could trigger an abrupt ice age like seen in the move day after tomorrow where there was a sudden shift in atmospheric conditions which led to perma frost temperatures invading north america at a rapid rate.

18. Bowerbird

Oh Puh-LEEESE Faux news is a Murdoch mouthpiece with more spin than a cat 5 hurricane

And if you have not learnt yet that there are ways of "appearing" non-biased while still getting the one point across then you have not learnt to truly discriminate

As for backing facts - yes old darling you do - I will not do your homework for you.

You make an assertion then be prepared to defend that assertion and not just because I do not believe you but because I, especially since many here do not know bad journalism from good science, want to check your sources for myself and also you interpretation of the "facts"

And don''t forget - Aussie

I do not watch American TV I may not have seen the same shows you do

19. Bowerbird

AND what great sources they are /sarcasm

and this is one of the reasons why I ask for links

Ladies and gentlemen - without even clicking on the links I give you!

1) its a blog..........by some one calling themselves "romantic poet" - admittedly it is a cut and paste from "investors business daily"

Do you know the difference between an anonymous unreferenced blog and toilet paper that has been written on in crayon - you can still use the toilet paper for SOMETHING

But it gets better,,,,,,,,,,, they quote Inhofe - the man responsible for more twisted facts and downright lies in global warming than any other, Now even if we dismiss all of that and look at the facts presented there we are forced to ask "what facts" They start with a cherry picked statement and end with spin

The next one "BigGovernment.com" - think we will get objective reporting there? It even starts with it's own straw man - a clear sign that the rest is king to be crayon on toilet paper
    Now when the article STARTS with a furphy as big as that - how on earth can you expect the rest to be true?

NEXT! Ah at last a half-way honest blog - and even the sceptics say that Anthony Watts has probably the best of the denialist websites - pity it is only half decent and honest

Whatsupmybutt has an axe to grind and never allows researched fact to get in the way - cherry picking? this site could strip a garden stat

So, we have a claim that New Zealand BOM has been "massaging" results hmmmmm - the article is from 2009 and is an ALLEGATION only - not proven. Since this was a while ago there should be something out there if they WERE caught doing the wrong thing.

http://hot-topic.co.nz/nz-sceptics-lie-about-temp-records-try-to-smear-top-scientist/

The NIWA reanalysed the data with the original un altered data (which had been altered because of the temperature stations being moved and differences in equipment over the years) and guess what - no flattened graph as Watts suggests
    http://hot-topic.co.nz/niwas-new-nz-temperature-series-plus-ca-change/

And before you write "Well of COURSE they would make it look the same" think on this - people can complain about graphs but NATURE is changing. Flowers are opening earlier, plants are growing where they did not before, insects are widening their habitat

20. ptif219

ptif219 Well-Known Member

Global warming is corrupt like the governments that fund it. The UN is a corrupt body yet we should believe the IPCC run by the UN

21. ptif219

Imagine that you prove Global Warming has to manipulate data to get the results they want

22. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Climatologists are hardly even real scientists. They do not perform any experiments. They base all of their fact on observational data, and with the assumption that humans are to blame. One of my articles addressed that specifically. In fact, one of my articles was neither pro nor anti global warming. It simply talked about how in reality scientists have no idea if it is natural or manmade. Because we only have a couple hundred years of data at best. And actually we had a global cooling end as recently as 1965.

23. Thx

Thx New Member

Pfft, if climatologists are just bogus scientists then I guess that discounts any of the crack-pot handful you site.

But there you go, if an overwhelming majority disagree with your stooge point, discredit them all out of hand...

Sure, and carbon dating is bogus too because you cannot carbon date shellfish...

And, oceanographers don't know anything about the ocean, geologists don't know anything about geology, astronomers don't really know anything about the stars, chemists don't know anything about...

No, it is precarious to believe non-scientists over the professionals, an overwhelming majority who say global warming is man made.

What makes the four or five you dug up more credible than something like 30,000 climatologists?

Some people just have to be hit over the head with a glacier before they will come out of their partisan haze.

The "warming" part is up to Siberia now, we still need to reduce our carbon footprint for the seas, but the increased temp is bleaching huge tracts of coral, we can just stand there and deny it, but this is all happening faster than anyone thought only five or ten years ago.

Thx

24. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

Such unfounded assertions at at odds with reality again.

25. ptif219

No they are facts