THU 900PM, MSNBC documentary 'Why We Did it' (the REAL reason we went to IRAQ)

Discussion in 'Music, TV, Movies & other Media' started by cpicturetaker, Mar 4, 2014.

1. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

no, I believed hillary clinton, harry reid, nancy pelosi, evan byah, joe biden, sandy berger, madaline albright, bill clinton, jay rockeffeller, and john kerry....

[video=youtube;Cwqh4wQPoQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwqh4wQPoQk[/video]

2. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Okay, I just found my thread as it had been 'moved'. But why?? This isn't about TELEVISION. This is about why we went to a war. And it is a war
    we are barely out of (and STILL PAYING HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS IN AID FOR). Sure seems like it is 'current events' to me. What I am missing here folks??

3. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

All this babbling by the lefties here... but none of them can tell us what the war was really about?

Come on share? Or are you all drones and have to be told what it was about????

4. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

1998 Iraq Liberation Act, voted on by Congress and signed by Clinton, stating "regime change" in Iraq as the policy of the US.

5. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Not to be excusing Clinton, Reid, Biden, et al, but they also chose to believe Judith Miller. Or, let's say they did not believe Miller but chose to go along because most of the country was 'jacked into wanting a war and there were elections just around the corner. And, sure, you believed those Dems. LMAO.

6. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

Oil was the reason the neocons got Bush to go along with Iraq. With all that Iraqi oil being smuggled out of the country, the Texas oilmen were having a difficult time holding body and soul together. That and "he tried to kill my daddy".

7. AlphaOmega

AlphaOmega Well-Known Member Past Donor

No evidence? The entire world thought he had them and was prepared to use them including your precious democrat heroes. He even used them to gas his own people. In order to gas people to death you need WMDs. As a fact he had them, however, once it was discovered there were no longer WMDS or a WMD threat the war became illegal and should have stopped. The problem is it would have left a power vacuum and that result would have been a disaster that's why it was prolonged.

8. AlphaOmega

Why do you point out the color of our Presidents skin? I love the lefty racist mind. Sorry, the post you responded to had no racial undertones at all. Your racial pyromania has been noted. The only thing worse than racist is someone who creates a racist situation when there isn't one.

9. AlphaOmega

I hear they are going to have the cast of "Finding Bigfoot" host the documentary. It should be riveting.

10. smevins

smevins New Member

Yeah I would have considered watching it right up until the word "Maddow" was associated with it. Her idea of "shocking" typically requires someone to bend reality with the skill of a contortionist. she makes Michael Moore seem stable.

11. Turin

Turin Well-Known Member

You seem to be unable to understand certain realities. He DID release some of the reserves into circulation. But whatever. I can see you have no real goal here other than to blame the black man.

12. smevins

smevins New Member

Michael Moore went there a decade ago. If this is "shocking", then she will try to weave some conspiracy connecting the Iraq War to a conspiracy to hide the financial market activity that lead to the collpase, totally ignoring that Clinton was the one who repealed Glass-Steagall with heavy democratic support from some big hitters for the Financial Services Modernization Act that became the law that caused the collapse.

13. Phoebe Bump

Phoebe Bump New Member

The wheels didn't come off the economy until Bush's last year or two, meaning that he had six years or so to see what was coming and re-enact Glass-Steagall or something akin to it. Let's face it, there are as many Republicans who wanted to get rid of Glass-Steagall as Democrats.

14. cpicturetaker

cpicturetaker New Member

Don't foget to watch this toniight!!!

15. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Which world would that be? Here on Earth, many nations were not convinced that Iraq had WMDs. 5 years after the war, the Senate said that Bush's intelligence was wrong. Even Bush admitted to this. He said it was his greatest mistake.

16. AlphaOmega

Hey Mr Monday morning quarterback, we knew it was wrong as soon as there weren't any found. Prior to that the "majority" of nations (does that make you feel better? Sorry didn't know I had to be that anal) around the globe agreed with Bush including I repeat INCLUDING your precious Clintons. If Bush was so wrong why were the Clintons not smart enough to see it? We they freakn stupid or something? They agreed with Bush along with the other democrats who made the war possible with their "YES" votes.

17. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Obviously the Senate voted based on false information fed to them by Bush. Bush later admitted that the information was wrong.

As for your question about how Hillary didn't know that Bush was lying to her... maybe she didn't expect the POTUS to be so deceptive?

18. goober

goober New Member

It was never about the oil, it was about the funding mechanism for the GOP hegemony that would last for most of the 21st century......

19. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah... right. You leftists sure do know how to make up some way out whacko crap... and then actually believe it in your Godless little hearts.

20. AlphaOmega

Strawman, no one said Bush lied to them. If you remember the intelligence was all over every network around the globe. At that point in history any who thought Saddam didn't have WMDS was thought to be crazy. Hillary agreed with the same intelligence as Bush. So since now according to you, Hillary was duped by Bush and apparently by Obama as well, I think we have illustrated she isn't smart enough to be President. She is too easily "duped". I mean if Bush "dupes" you.......good grief.

21. goober

goober New Member

That's what was being broadcast, at the same time the CIA sent agents into Iraq and all returned saying that the WMD programs no longer existed, the curveball data was being fed to the news services, but the fact that everytime they actually checked a curveball site, there was nothing there, was not being supplied to congress.
    Knight Ridder's sources in the Pentagon told them that they knew of no Iraqi WMDs, they weren't sure where the reports were coming from.
    Bush lied, and a million people died.

22. AlphaOmega

Perhaps, lots of people tried to prove it but never did. Now do you think Obama lied and people died or in Benghazi's case they died then he lied.

23. Sadanie

Sadanie Well-Known Member Past Donor

WRONG! Gas was cheap in early 2008. . .in July 2008, it was all the way up to $4.12

24. goober

goober New Member

Nobody "proved" there were no WMDs in Iraq?
    3,000 body bags later, how many WMDs did we find?

25. AlphaOmega

STRAWMAN!
    No, nobody proved Bush lied about the intelligence. The intelligence showed they were there, it was reviewed by democrats as well and they agreed along with many other nations. If Bush is a criminal then so is Hillary and the dems who voted yes.