UnitedHealth may exit Obamacare individual exchanges

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Professor Peabody, Nov 19, 2015.

1. 9royhobbs

9royhobbs Well-Known Member

The better question is "Why doesn't it?
    "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

2. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Amazing, more total failure by our inept liar in the white house

Obamacare's Fate May Rest on Patience of Insurers Aetna, Anthem

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...may-rest-on-patience-of-insurers-aetna-anthem

3. 9royhobbs

Yes, it was working SO well.......(very heavy sarcasm)

4. 9royhobbs

My insurance had a minor change. Everyone I know had minor changes......maybe you didn't do your homework

5. Penrod

Penrod Well-Known Member

Are you really saying its under the general welfare clause? That does not mean welfare like you think of it.

You know I have posted this countless times but just realized most if not all he says there has come to pass. Congress now does all these things.

6. Leftquake

Leftquake New Member

It was working much better than Obamacare is. We've spent trillions on Obamacare much of it wasted of failed exchanges and more that are failing. You cannot waste that much money and have better health insurance.

More delusion from you leftists.

7. 9royhobbs

I know it was a stretch but I gave it a shot......yet most advanced countries do it.

8. 9royhobbs

Please stop. It wasn't working better, not by a long shot and again if that's the only solution you (Republicans) can come up with than maybe you should not say anything. When you have a real solution....let me know.

9. Leftquake

Leftquake New Member

The solution is to repeal Obamcare and stop throwing money away on exchanges that fail. The federal website alone wasted over $1 billion. If you want to give away health insurance repeal Obamacare then take the borrowed money you would've spent on Obamacare and refund it as tax credits to people.

Private health insurance worked since the 1940's. It worked far better than Obamacare is working.

10. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

republicans do not use very much common sense, the current plan includes corporate insurers, so yes it still depends on them..... now if we got rid of them, they we would no longer have to depend on them

the ACA give private insurers one last chance to do right on the country before we give them the boot for universal healthcare

11. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

They are doing what they are supposed to, making their stock holders money. They're probably keeping your pension fund afloat.

12. BPman

BPman Banned

And they are all broke as a result.

13. Doug_yvr

Doug_yvr Well-Known Member Past Donor

I'm not begrudging them that at all. My point is they're doing extremely well and can hardly claim hardship due to the ACA. What's interesting is that on their announcement that they might leave the exchanges their share price dropped 6.5%. Someone in the executive suite made a very large mistake with that announcement and if I was a shareholder I'd be a little pissed.

My pension is kept afloat by direct investment in oil exploration and Canadian banks :)

14. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

The whole thing was designed for insurance companies to withdraw. Then the Democrats can rush in at the last minute, announce a "crisis", and tell us the private sector failed and only federal government can rescue us.

15. BroncoBilly

BroncoBilly Well-Known Member Past Donor

Gee, Obama and democrats had their chance when they controlled the show, there is no excuse for the total failure of the Obama presidency. Obama is an inept liar, that we know for sure

16. Doug_yvr

They spend far less on health care as a result. German which has had universal care for more than 100 years is doing quite well.

17. Doug_yvr

Further to this 'they are all broke' comment.

Government dept as a percent of GDP:
    US (no universal healthcare) 87.8%
    Germany (universal healthcare) 57.2%
    Canada (universal healhcare) 34.5%
    France (universal healthcare) 84.06

I included Germany as it's got the oldest universal system, Canada because it's my country and France because it's got what is considered to be the best overall healthcare system in the world.

18. lynnlynn

lynnlynn New Member

It is my understanding that United Healthcare did not chose to be an option on the exchanges the first year it came out.

19. sec

sec Well-Known Member

yeah, that's it

as an owner of a business I just throw money around because I have a never ending supply

20. lynnlynn

lynnlynn New Member

Of course, insurance companies were going to withdraw and leave just one to choose on the exchange. People getting insurance on the exchange should be all under one pool.

21. Texas Republican

Texas Republican Well-Known Member Past Donor

Government shouldn't be involved at all. It's inefficient and reduces quality.

22. maat

maat Well-Known Member Past Donor

Imo, insurance companies, through corrupt government, are just herding Americans from one pen to the next until they get us to the one they want us in. I would rather free range(free market) the pasture. Not any different than the big banks creating a federal reserve/cartel.

23. 9royhobbs

As someone that hates the President you will say what you want to make your argument. As a Republican it probably doesn't resemble the truth

24. 9royhobbs

The reason Obamacare exists is because private health insurance has not worked. The "free market" your type like to speak so highly of is a myth. The "free market" will try to make as much money as they can and don't give a crap about you or anyone else. Hope you don't get anything serious because they will fight you tooth and nail to NOT take care of it because.........I don't know you tell me, but that's their move.
    No, universal health care in not bankrupting the countries that have it. If there is a problem, see above. Wake up

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why we spend so much on defense?

25. Quantum Nerd

Quantum Nerd Well-Known Member

Exactly. I never understand how "the free market fixes everything" would work in health care. If you have to make serious decisions about life-threatening surgery or end of life decisions, which is where a lot of the money is spent, the last thing on your mind is to comparison shop so you can save your heirs some money.

Plus, if there is a market, it is actually between the doctors, employers and insurance companies. The actual patient is pretty much left out of the decision making process.