Pfc. Michael J. Metcalf, 22, Boynton Beach, Fla.

Discussion in 'United States' started by Albert Di Salvo, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

2. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

His death means only one thing.

He volunteered to kill people in a far away land who decided to kill him before he killed them.

The End

3. Albert Di Salvo

There are better ways to kill Muslims in large numbers than by placing Americans in harms way.

4. catalinacat

catalinacat Well-Known Member Past Donor

Isn't that the truth? The way they are doing it now, is a LOSING effort.

5. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

Which are you saying? Are you saying that it is a good idea to kill Muslims in larege numbers, or that it is a good idea to get out now and cut our losses?

If you just want to disengage quickly, great idea.

If you just want to smoke a bunch of Muslims, please go sit in the corner while the grown-ups handle military affairs.

6. Albert Di Salvo

The problem newbies of any sort have is that they walk in without knowing who the cast of characters happens to be. Don't walk into unknown terrain without prior surveillance.

I support an immediate withdrawal from Afghanistan of all troops. Put the troops on planes and leave the equipment. Save the lives of those Americans who are destined to die, but have not yet died. Change their fate to life. This is the only way to give meaning to the lives of those who have already died.

It is too late to terminate the existence of the Pashtuns of Afghanistan. The world has moved on. My comment was addressed to the anti-American Egyptian national called Abu Sina. You will find him to be unremittingly hostile to all things American.

I do not oppose war, but I do oppose the senseless effusion of American blood. I have no problem with the deaths of non-Americans.

As a general matter, I believe in the Mongol way of war. It brings hostilities to a sharp and swift conclusion. But having said that, I recognize that America is so broken that it is in no condition to fight any more foreign wars. America has no choice but to slash the size of its military. But that doesn't mean America can't be so potentially lethal that others fear to provoke her.

You might want to think twice before getting ascerbic with me. You have nothing to gain by doing so.

7. dudeman

dudeman New Member

I think it is honorable to bring recognition to this person. I’ll repeat my opinion from a prior thread. Somebody with more interest and concern about the future of society should create a free website that serves as a memorial to “insignificant” people and pets in the world that have died. Something along the lines of Wikipedia but not for (and not specifically excluding) celebrities. Something along the lines of a genealogy website but FREE with the ability to post pictures, video links and commentary (i.e. include family members, date of birth, location of birth, residences, etc.) Something along the lines of Myspace and Facebook without the possibility of identity theft and discrimination (i.e. the individuals are dead). I would like to be able to see a picture of some of the people that I knew that died many years ago from wars within the USA (i.e. but not specific to the USA, perhaps the family members would create the memorial page). Some of those people were pretty interesting as might have been this gentleman.

8. Albert Di Salvo

There is a place called the Well of Souls. Your post brings this place to mind. A place in cyberspace as you describe it could also be called a Well of Souls.

9. leftysergeant

leftysergeant New Member

So, your solution, if we have to go to war is to just go postal on the enemy. Brilliant.:-?

10. dudeman

dudeman New Member

I don't see how one derives at that conclusion from the information presented.

11. Albert Di Salvo

Do you know what Prompt Global Response is?

Since you have approached me with hostility I will look for you on the field.

12. SkyStryker

SkyStryker Banned

We give his death meaning by being honest about why he was sent there. Not by BS appeals to Nationalism wrapped in used toilet paper. Prayers to his family and friends.

13. Albert Di Salvo

I agree with your sentiments.

14. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

I believe we give his death meaning by not politicizing it for or against the war unless the individual who died had a belief that they wished to be heard.

15. Ninth

Ninth New Member

His death is an anti war message, pretty sure he would rather have lived, and he can't, because politicians won't bring them home.

16. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

Police, Fireman, and people in high risk career fields die every day. All of them have one thing in common. They choose to be a police officer, fireman or a military member. There are literally millions of jobs out there one can do other than high risk jobs like the ones I have listed. Of course he would have rather lived then died. Not many people WANT to die, but they make choices that put them at higher risks of dieing. Joining the military during a time of war is clearly more risky than most jobs if you are choosing career fields based off of the risk of dieing. People quit jobs every day for simple things.. and I believe most would quit their jobs if they believed the company they worked for was doing something unethical or something that puts its employees at risk without any justifiable reason to do so. The military is an all volunteer force. You have an chance to quit serving once your contract expires. Everyone I have met has willingly signed their contract. Everyone I have met has joined during a time of war.

17. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

so you believe that the reason your troops are in afghanistan is so that they can kill large numbers of muslims?

18. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

true.

and regardless of anything else, this guy was there to serve his country. whether we agree with it or not, the loss of any human being in wars, whether you regard the war as senseless or not, the vehicle of some hidden agenda of the rich and powerful, or whatever .... is a message that we can do things better.

My thoughts are with his parents. there is nothing worse than losing a child, regardless of the circumstances.

19. Ninth

Ninth New Member

Is this a reason to send them into harms way without reason? Do we set fires to send firemen into? Do we purposely start riots to put police in danger? Yes soldiers are in harms way, but that is no reason to (*)(*)(*)(*) their lives away.

20. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

They chose to go to war "without any reason". I quote that because they are your words, not his. Why not let people make their own choices instead of shadowing your beliefs on them. Some people on here are worse than the religious nutjobs.

21. SkyStryker

SkyStryker Banned

There is no legitimate reason to occupy Afghaniraq.

22. The Doctor

The Doctor Banned

Yes, the majority of Muslims are Islamic Imperialist swine and the enemy of the civilized world.

23. trout mask replica

trout mask replica New Member

Racist (*)(*)(*)(*).

24. Goomba

Goomba Well-Known Member

I wonder why he edited his post to include "the majority of Muslims are Islamic Imperialist swine and the enemy of the civilized world."

Hmmm.

25. Ninth

Ninth New Member

It wasn't his choice, he signed up for duty, then they shipped him off. There is a difference, it's the difference between signing up to "protect and serve" then being forced to take a child away from his mother because she has been deemed an unfit parent by the state. While the initial decision is his, all the ones following after are in the hands of the politicians. And if you decide a week into the tour that you're in Afghanistan for the wrong reasons, well too bad for you, you signed up and now they're going to put you down.