If time travelers and extraterrestrials exist where are they?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Anansi the Spider, Feb 22, 2012.

1. spt5

spt5 New Member

Your OP question is interesting too.
    But you read my response selectively.

Within the framework of your response, no. Otherwise however ... .
    Not proud of it, but ... there must be others that adjusted better.
    No, but I absolutely love every robot.
    Yes, in the process of disassembly and deletion.
    Can you please clarify? How can you NOT exist in a certain dimension? Is there such a technology? Also, the causality overlap between universes makes it difficult for me to understand your question of the "other universe".
    Against my absolute protest, yes, although not with booz, drugs, or religious spiritual stuff.
    No, but I absolutely love the good angels.
    See above.

2. spt5

spt5 New Member

I think this is absolutely true, but this account doesn't include all the extraterrestrials. I am not one of them.

3. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

If time travelers and extraterrestrials exist where are they?

Trying to be elected as the Republican candidate for the next election. I certainly recognized Genghiz Khan and two Martians.

4. lynx

lynx Well-Known Member

I am so glad!!!

Finally I am not alone anymore! You can't imagine how happy I am!:handshake:

I have created a thread a while ago in religion forum just to talk about this specific subject, because I think it deserves attention, espectially in today.

If you are interested, please check it out and leave you thoughts. I treasure your opinions.

http://www.politicalforum.com/religion/231891-time-look-bible-modern-way-bible-mentions-aliens-all-along.html

BTW, the more I do research, the more I believe there are different races of aliens, I have not had my finally conclusions yet, but one thing for certain, this subject is endless.

5. Someone

Someone New Member

Uncertain, since it is unknown what the context would be by which time travelers would be operating. If there was sufficient control over the technology, for example, then yes, it would be possible to assure that all of them were motivated to do so--or could be effectively countered by agents motivated to do so.

Sure, but there's no particular reason to think they're friendly. There's no particular reason to assume hostility. Disinterest might well be more common. In the same way that most people on Earth don't really care about marginalized nontechnical groups on our own planet.

It could be some sort of interstellar agreement enforced in this part of the universe, for all we know. There's literally nothing to go on, but it does pose a possible explanation.

To which there would probably be a counter-counter-counter swarm. Though in practice the swarms released first would have the most advantages.

6. stig42

stig42 New Member

Maybe but maybe there just somewhere or some when else

Time travel could be tricky if you don’t move in space as well

7. spt5

spt5 New Member

Whahaha Roflmfao

8. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

The problem with space travel is that it's too expensive, it takes too long, and you have no idea where you're going or what you will find once you get there.

Consider the problem of distance. Suppose you had a vehicle that could do 10 times the speed of light. You could barely get out of the neighborhood before you died of old age. Then you still have to return. In the meantime life on Earth goes on and the way things are going it may not even be recognizable to you if you did make it back. Plus there's the life support problem such as food, water, atmosphere, gravity, radiation, space rocks, etc.

Suppose you cranked it up to 100 times the speed of light. It would take around 1,000 years to go to the other side of the Milky Way. Consider the changes that will have taken place on Earth in 1,000 years.

There's also the problem of reliability. You vessel would have to the most perfect thing every made capable of withstanding untold stresses and damages. Plus at those speeds how would you avoid celestial bodies of various sizes, including giant stars, planets, and assorted asteroids and comets?

The idea of such space travel makes for great sci-fi movies. The reality is another thing.

BTW, if you could create a 1 gravity field on your vessel it would be like Earth zooming through space at those speeds. You would wreck entire solar systems, including this one if you activated your gravity generator.

9. Anansi the Spider

Anansi the Spider Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that.

10. Anansi the Spider

It seems like a lot of people are fascinated by the few remaining "primitives" found in places like the Amazon rainforest or New Guinea.

11. Anansi the Spider

Maybe you are underestimating the ability of advanced civilizations to detect planets that will probably contain life. Even today we are able to find planets that are likely to be habitable.

Earth-like planet found in distant sun's habitable zone

12. Rollo1066

Rollo1066 Member

For time travelers a better question would be "When are they?".

13. Anansi the Spider

Good point.

14. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

could it be that we're just not all that interesting to 'time travelers' and 'extraterrestrials'. They came for a short while, looked around, and decided not to include us on their '101 Things to Do and See' list.

15. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

16. GeneralZod

GeneralZod New Member

The answer is obvious - They are not 'here' (our time of existance, 2012)

If these aliens do exist and they have the technology, the means and the vast intelligence to construct devices to manipulate time. Then, why would they visit our world in its early civilization.

These time traveling aliens are talking to the humans in the future (millions of years ahead of now)

17. Lil Mike

Lil Mike Well-Known Member

It seems likely to me that we're alone in the universe. Life apparently doesn't pop up just because the conditions are right, so no matter how many planets there are in the Goldilocks zone of their stars, they are probably empty.

18. Wolverine

There is not any evidence to support that nation.

You are saying that we are the only planet orbiting sixty septillian stars with life? Hmmmm....

19. Lil Mike

If life was so easy to pop out of amino acids in the primordial soup we would have been making life in the lab for decades. It would be a high school project.

So there must be some sort of freakish conditions that have to be exactly right for life to occur.

As for evidence, there is NO evidence that there is life on any other planet other than our own. I await your evidence.

20. Wolverine

How many planets have we visited in search of life? How far did those experiments go?

Your argument is faulty because we do not have much experience in looking for life. You are basing your arguments on a few decades of experiments here on a earth, and a superficial look for life on Mars. Those are two celestial bodies in an unimaginable number of celestial bodies in the observable universe.

The odds are against your argument.

21. Lil Mike

You started out asking me for evidence of my position. I don't need evidence, it's the default, observable position. We know there's life on earth, we also know we can't just whip up life in a lab, so we really don't know how life is created, so therefore, we have no basis to determine the likelihood of life on other planets.

If we knew the mechanism involved for creating life, we should be able to calculate the odds of life throughout the universe. But since we don't know that, you've no basis to say the odds are against my argument since you have no idea what the odds are.

So my bet is by far the safer one.

22. Wolverine

Your position is not based on evidence, it is based on an astronomically small sample size and applies it to the entire universe. Rather silly.

23. Lil Mike

My position is based on all the evidence that's available.

Your position seems to be based on cotton candy rainbows and pixie dust. There isn't any evidence at all to support your position.

24. Wolverine

Your evidence is based on a sample size of about 0.000000000000000000003% sample size of all stars.

That is astronomically low.

25. fifthofnovember

fifthofnovember Well-Known Member

So how many stars do we need to check to get an acceptable sample size? Billions? Trillions? Quadrillions of quadrillions? It would seem your standard of proof is unreasonably high if we have to check a sizable portion of the universe in the attempt to prove a negative (which could not really be proven unless we checked literally everywhere). I'm with Lil Mike-the default position is no ETs, just like the default position is there are no unicorns. Sure, the universe is vast, and you could say that somewhere there must be unicorns, but until one is found, I'm going with the no unicorn theory.

Lil Mike and (deleted member) like this.