Egyptian President 2012 (Breaking News)

Discussion in 'Latest US & World News' started by Abu Sina, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Abu Ismail and his disciples have started their open ended sit in in Tahrir demanding he be allowed to run and that is mother is not US citizen.

2012-634706049961050857-105.jpg

Now the question is IF the US are lying which he says they are then why have they said nothing? this is first.

Second
    If she does not hold US citizenship then why does he not just show her green card on TV?
    The green card has to be handed back when she gets citizenship surely?

Third

If she did not travel on US passport from Germany 3 times recently because obviously she was flying US to Germany on US passport then changing to Egyptian for Germany to Egypt journey :wink: then Germany needs to show her travel proof on US passport.

To me it seems that all of this could be solved in a few minutes but I ask myself why are Germany and US not providing the proof to stop this chaos?

What is their agenda?

Why not end this madness in moments?

2. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Egypts judicial court is investigating the funding from the Gulf to the Abu Ismail campaign after lawyers called for a probe into the massive funding that is illegallly going on.

Saudi and other Gulf states are desperate to install a Wahabi President to ensure their own thrones.
    They withheld the aid they pledged at the start of the revolution saying they would only give it on condition.

Now we know the condition. Well we always knew the condition actually.

So far they revealed that Qatar has given Abu Ismail the crazy Wahabi sheikh who supported Bin Laden 7 million Le.

His madmen fanatics are still occupying the square calling for their hero prophet to be allowed to run!!!!

3. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because the US and Germany consider this an Egyptian problem and not worthy of their time and attention.

In other words, figure it out yourselves.

4. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Abdel Moneim Abu El Fotouh

Aganst all the odds, against all the Gulf funding of radicals, against all the attempts to install another puppet by foreign powers.

Fotouh out doing what he believes is right.

[​IMG]

5. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Mayerling is your household still voting for Mubaraks man Ahmed Shafik?

I remember you were very much behind the other Mubarak ex ministers now in Tora serving sentences for graft.

I was amazed when you and Margot both said he was 'the man' to be Egypts president ! :omg:

I cannot understand anyone voting Shafik but anyway that is your right of course.

Here is the latest on your choice as presidential candidate
    No one can say I am not covering the horses even if they are running on broken legs :mrgreen:

6. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Now an interesting development.

One of the quiet horses seems to be finding a voice and a following.

Hamdeen Sabahi of the Karama Party ( Nasserist ).

Known for anti Israel and anti US stance.

He is having big rallies and targeting big population centres.

Could be that he becomes number 3 in the race pushing Morsi the MB back to 4th position........

We will see

To me it is looking

1 Fotouh
    2 Mussa
    3/4 Sabahi/Morsi

Looks like Ahmed Shafik will have to start a new horse race for the Godfather position when he joins his old friends in Tora Prison :mrgreen:

7. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

:mrgreen:

Mussa a head for every occassion

USE YOUR BRAIN AND VOTE FOTOUH

[​IMG]

8. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Morsi and Shatr had to run for cover when Mansoura University students chased them down the road at their rally and hit them with water bottles!! They were chanting against them and their decision to field candidate when they said they would not. :shocked:

----------------

Growing split between the MB and Salafists.

Al Noor want the MB to agree with them on one candidate. I have no idea what they are all up to these days. It's seems they are all smoking bango :mrgreen:

Meanwhile Fotouh is appealing more and more the sane guy and is popular with non radical Islamists and liberals.

I will be very disappointed if Fotouh does not win :sad:

9. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Fotouh states he will not represent Muslim Brotherhood in Presidential race. He says he represents not one section but all of Egyptians.

His campaign only received permission to open a bank account for the race to receive funds yesterday and so far has funded everything from his own pocket.

He also declared that he ONLY supports Egypt's Al Azhars moderate Islam and not extremist Gulf Islam a direct finger pointed to Abu Ismail.
    This is nothing new. He is well known for his moderate views, the views of Al Azhar.

When asked about terminating gas to Israel he said that the deal was corrupt and was squandering Egypts resources under Mubaraks persistantly corrupt regime.

10. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Great News

less Salafists in Parliament :mrgreen:

A number of Nour Party members resigned from the party, protesting "the party's failure to manage political issues, and not expressing the concerns of the street."

The secretary general of the party, Hesham Abul Nasser, the head of the economic committee, Hassan al-Zayat, and the deputy secretary general of the party in Giza, Mahmoud Radwan, handed in their resignations. A party leader said the resignations were meant to be propaganda.

An MP for the party, Nezar Ghourab, resigned due to the party ignoring the crisis of Abu Ismail's disqualification from the presidential race. Secretary General of the media committee in Alexandria, Rehab Sabry, resigned in protest of the party's method of handling political files in the media, confirming that he will go back to preaching and that he will abandon politics. :mrgreen:

Zayat said that there are a lot of unannounced resignations from the party, due to fatwas inside the party that prohibit resignation from religious parties. He justified his resignation by the party's dependence on Salafi Dawah, which controls all its decisions.

The party has no right to express its opinion in any case without reference to the Salafi sheikhs who have no political experience, thus all the decisions by the party become wrong, he added. :confused:

Nour Party leader Radi Sharara said resignations are meant for the media, adding that he did not receive official resignations.

There is a crisis in the party due to the elimination of Abu Ismail from the presidential race, but this crisis will not last, he added.

11. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Ahmed Shafik is out :thumbsup:

No one was going to vote for him anyway but now it is official.

SCAF signed the political participation law put forward by parliament.

Now he can join his friends in Tora prison

12. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Parliament has agreed on amendments to the Disenfranchisement Law ^^^^^^^ above.

It will not only be high figures like Suleiman and Shaifk.

According to the new amendments, the ban on holding higher public office extends to to any public servant, minister, and member of Parliament, Shura Council or local council who spread 'corruption in Egypt’s political life' or 'harmed the national interest' after November 1973.

The amendments also include anyone who used their political position to secure employment in public or private institutions and companies, or to influence the pricing of public property, crops and financial securities.

The amendments extend the law to those who tried to influence Egypt’s judiciary or participated in rigging elections.

The amendments were presented by MP Sobhi Saleh of the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party

13. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

Not quite, at least according to the BBC:

The change could affect Ahmed Shafiq, who served as prime minister last year. Reports say the amended law could be published on Thursday, when the final list of candidates will be announced. Legal experts say that if the amendment is published second, it might have no legal bearing on the candidate list, allowing Mr Shafiq to stand next month.

source

14. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

What is your source?

Again according to the peviously posted BBC source :

Egypt's ruling generals have approved an amendment to a law that would bar senior officials from the Mubarak era from running for president.

If the law is as you state then it reinforces the impression that your junta are keeping their hands firmly on the reins. The law is so inprecise that it can be used to bar anyone all it takes is for your junta to decide the person has harmed the national interest. For example you have harmed the national interest by ridiculing the rape victim Lara Logan and increasing the shame already brought upon your country by so doing. It is supposed to be the democratically elected that decide what is in the national interest in a true democracy not a junta. What happens if the policies of your president after entering office are deemed to harm the national interest, does your junta simply dismiss him/her? If so then it is easy for them to rule by proxy using the threat of dismissal.

15. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Why are you looking at a UK site and not Egyptian site ? :confused:

Tantawy signed the new law last night.

It was made law last night Monday 23rd April 2012

This is it

74d06936-b1c5-432c-9662-74b7d74a1138.jpg

16. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

What are you talking about???

We already had the law it just was not enacted. It has nothing to do with SCAF.

Parliament wanted it enacted but because SCAF is running the country in transition SCAF had to sign it making it enacted. Now it is.

Today Parliament are putting on the names of who they want excluded from running for president this race. That is Shafik and could be also Mussa we will see if they add him too.

This week they are also in parliament discussing adding amendments to the already exisiting law to bar other officlals. The ones I just put in the post above from holding any type of office for 10 years like governors, bascially anyone who is found guilty of corruption.

It has nothing to do with SCAF. They purely were the ones authorizing it into action which they did for the parliament.

As for Lara Logan she did not press charges. She was also in the country illegally after being deported the week previous. I would think that she would have been thankful for not being arrested and tried for illegal entry. To be sure no American would let something like that drop if they thought they had a chance in the courts. She had no defence, she was illegally in the country.

get over it

17. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Ah now I know what BBC is talking about

Okay

Laws are official once they are published on state newspaper Egyptian Gazette. This newspaper only is available to buy on Monday and Thursday.

BBC probably think that because it is not in Gazette till Thursday it will be too late because names are finalized on Thursday.

Parliament handed photocopy of SCAF endorsement to Al Shorouk newspaper and they printed it last night. Once it is in print it is law in Egypt. So now all Parliament have to do is add his name to the document and others if they decide there are others they want to exclude.

BBC obviously didn't know that Shorouk printed it making it law officially last night.

I know you are clinging to hope of felool like Suleiman or Shafik for president but Egyptians are 10 steps ahead :wink:

18. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

If you are dreaming that Egyptians are angry with SCAF then keep dreaming :mrgreen:

This is probably the most popular thing that SCAF could have ever done since revolution.
    We can forgive them everything by doing this.
    It shows they did not intend backing any candidate even who everyone thought they backed Suleiman!!!!
    When they said they were not part of deciding who was president they I guess meant it by signing that law.

They just jumped 100 point in estimation by Egyptians and this weeks other news feels like SCAF are looking forward to handing over the power and get back to dealing with our enemies and security :wink: that is their job after all

19. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

Its more reliable and more reliable than you too. Remember your state TV and the Copts attackng soldiers? Didn't you learn anything from that?

Why doesn't Tantawi deserve to be with the rest of the gang in Tora, because he left the sinking ship in time looking after himself deserting them? What about all the years they were buddies?

20. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

So you couldn't come up with your source which conflicts with the BBC....

You don't have a law until its enacted. ou cannot say it has nothing to do with your junta when they are the ones to decide whether it is in the national interest or not. They didn't have to sign it and even if they felt under pressure to do so they could for example delay it crucially. As I posted maybe it is maybe it isn't!

That's not democracy for a parliament to decide the names of those they want excluded and those they don't.

Yes, you were wrong to state that is wasn't just the top. So there isn't a law at present which bars someone convicted of corruption from holding public office? How very strange!

You are derailing the thread with your comments about Lara Logan respond here instead of repeating a claim you previously failed to back up with any evidence.

21. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

Abu the BBC has far greater resources at hand in Egypt to report on what is happening and the legal system than you do. What is more they have a reputation as a reliable media to uphold while you can get away with caliming anything without any significant consequence.

I am not clinging to any hope. I don' think you are aware that what happens in your election is actually not that big a deal for most people on this forum. What consequences do you imagine the result will have for me?

22. Tyrerik

Tyrerik New Member

I am not dreaming any such thing! In fact I'm sure you are right that SCAF is quite popular with most Egyptians and that very many share your views and want a "strong man" at the helm. This is in agreement with what I have stated all along, that you and Egyptians generally are not genuinely interested in democracy.

23. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

BBC is more reliable than Egyptian media and news?? but they got it wrong so how can that be?

I said Shafik is out. BBC said he has a chance. I said he has no chance of becoming president.

I am right and you and BBC are wrong.

He has 100% no chance of becoming president. You can quote me on that if you like.

No one in their right mind would vote Shafiq. Only people of the old regime and who benefited from that regime and even then why would even they vote for a horse with 4 broken legs :mrgreen:

He had no chance of winning even before last nights law was stamped by SCAF so get over it.

If you are talking about Maspero. Then were you there as a witness? Can you provide proof that the Copts did not provoke the army?

I can list people who I know who were driving along corniche then. I even think I mentioned it here. They were witnesses to the Copts blocking the corniche and the drivers trying to drive along were fighting them!!! These are people I know. They texted me because they were late getting to me for a meeting becaue of it.

There are plenty witnesses to other Coptic demonstrations along the Salah Salem Rd near Zabaleen which is hugely Coptic when they blocked the main road to Nasr City and Heliopolis causing fighting with drivers and driver were getting out their cars to unblock the road and chase them away. You will be able to Google that last year.
    I have no doubt that the Copts that night were provoking the army like they do the drivers on those roads. The armys job was to defend the TV building. They were trying to get in and close it down. They were threatening the staff and preventing them getting to work or parking their cars. I am not defending the TV at the time which was pushing our propaganda I agree BUT!!!!!!! it is the armys duty to protect the staff and the building. There were Muslims with the Copts. They were also blocking the corniche that night to support them. BOTH were provoking the army. You saw the result when they attacked them. We all saw the result.

Many would like Tantawy in Tora. I am more thinking that this is just what any enemy of Egypt would like. An entire breakdown of the country and the people in force against it. Fortuntately that failed no matter how they tried and it is good it failed. The army is Egypt. I do not defend all they did but Egypt would be in a far greater mess and threat to the region IF the parties succeeded in spliting the country into civil war.

Tantawy is an old man and will be gone soon enough. SCAF is just SCAF. Egyptians know the difference between SCAF and our army.

24. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Why don't the people of Egypt commit collective suicide in protest against Zionism? That course of action would be more effective than any thing they have tried in the past.

25. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Yarab!!!!
    is anyone else reading this having problems understanding my English? :confused:

I already told you Al Shorouk printed it last night. As soon as it is printed it becomes law. What is it you dont understand about this simple fact? Al Shorouk is the source. astagfullahazeem!!!

I don't think you quite understand what happened 25th January so let me spell it out.

90 million people wanted Mubarak out. If you had watched TV those 18 days then you would have seen them call for the ouster of the regime. That means the regime. If you had watched to prove their point they burned down the NDP building the first few days of the Rev. That was Egypt saying NDP go.....irhal.......kefaya........NDP no more are you getting the picture or do I have to explain it a bit more?

Do you think ofr even one second that Egyptians are going to have Suleiman or Shafik sitting in the presidential palace? have you lost your mind? Do you think that any Egyptian with one brain cell still working is ever going to put a cross on a ballot for Shafik who was made PM during the revolution and not only that is under investigation for corruption and not only that but one of the biggest scandals imaginable and will go down in the history books HE was the PM whose associates and NDP members organised the famous camel battle, you must have missed that too......................

So there was no way on this earth that any sane person would be voting Shafik or Suleiman UNLESS they were part of the gang OR they had one brain cell but it was not working.

This was not about Shafik or Suleiman because no one was going to vote them we all knew that. This is about making sure we get the rest of the gang by law one by one by one.

Parliament did not decide and SCAF did not decide who could run and who could not. The people democratically by 99.9% decided and called for it from day one. Parliament and SCAF just made it law. Fulfilled one of the the revolutions demands. It's very simple really and I have no idea why you dont get it.

It was you who brought Lara Logan int it not me. I just responded go back and check.