Trump berates CNN reporter: 'You are fake news'

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Think for myself, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Borat

Borat Banned

You agreed with the poster that Obama was a coward, by your own definition. Of course that you ackowledged that a few posts ago but didn't speak out on the issue a few years ago makes it an act of cowardice, blatant partisanship and intellectual dishonesty.

Sorry, you can't throw stones when you and your anointed god both live in a glass house.

PS and as i clearly explained, Trump's smackdown of corrupt dishonest, fakecnews spreading CNN was spectacular, that's exactly why we voted for him.

2. AnnaNoblesse

AnnaNoblesse New Member

I only saw excerpts of it. I'll watch the rest later. But I know Trump likes to attack the media thus my reply.

3. GreenBayMatters

GreenBayMatters Well-Known Member Past Donor

As a Catholic, I am very familiar with the Miracle of Fatima. Sadly the person you were addressing does not believe in Miracles or much of anything I suppose.

4. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

On the contrary, please give them more stones.

5. Marcotic

Marcotic Well-Known Member

So its politics as usual. Trump is politics as usual. I wanted something more.

6. AmericanNationalist

AmericanNationalist Well-Known Member

Liars don't get the right to ask questions of the President of the United States. If CNN wants access, it's going to have to perform up to standards. We don't accept Daily Mail quality in the US. And that's what CNN is, the Daily Mail of the US.

7. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Politics as usual would mean he would provide the reporters with questions and they would give him those questions.

8. Marcotic

Who skipped it? We are talking bout' Trump.

9. Your Best Friend

Your Best Friend Well-Known Member

A) There was no "yelling meltdown" unless you count the shouted badgering from the CNN correspondent.
    B) The notion that Trump only took questions from sources he found friendly is absurd and if that were so, which it wasn't, he would have fielded questions only from Fox or Breitbart. That obviously did not happen.

10. Scamander

Scamander Well-Known Member

From what I saw the reporter didn't push on enough. A missed opportunity to expose the madness and evil of Trump. The reporter should have persisted in getting a question from Trump after being insulted and boycotted by him.
    I think Trump would have snapped. (He's on the point of snapping ever since he was born.)

It wouldn't have surprised me if Trump had this reporter thrown out or at least threatened to do so. THAT would have given us a gimps of Trump's disrespect for free speech. And that, in turn, would have been enough in itself to begin his downfall. You can't quote the Nazi's and then act like one. That would have been a delicious match for the media to serve.

The idiot Trump doesn't realize, as usual, that this idiotic behavior only will come back to him in the form of ridicule by the media. Every day he'll be considered satire be media-outlets worldwide (including CNN) and Trump's response will be just more outrages behavior. Telling a reporter to be quit does not sound smart or professional or presidential, just plain dumb and childish and that will be the verdict. Someone tell Trump! (Or no, don’t, let him self-destruct.)

This self inflicted cancer of ridicule is gonna eat Trump alive.

The voters might have elected Trump, it's op to the free press to undo that mistake and and keep exposing Trump for the moron that he is. In the end, Trump will drown in his own cesspool of lunacy. I guarantee it. He won't last the year. (Especially not once his liaisons with prostitutes have been exposed.)

11. GreenBayMatters

Can't please you guys. Another Trump hater said what Trump did was unprecedented, meaning politics different than usual.If news outlets print unsubstantiated news, Trump will berate and ignore them. Suggest you get used to it.

12. Marcotic

He didn't do that though, he shot down the CNNer before he could even put his foot in his mouth.
    On this we agree.

13. webrockk

webrockk Well-Known Member Past Donor

so you agree your petulant CNN hero was rudely interrupting the proceedings. What's funny is Trump stole his thunder....whatever "point" your hero was trying to make has been massively overshadowed by Trump putting him and his fake news organization in their deserved spot in the back of the bus. which will surely anger them even more. and we all know what happens when children get angrier....they become more and more irrational. as has been borne out since the early morning hours of November 9th.

14. AmericanNationalist

You realize those of us on the President's side, respect the prestige of the presidency. And we demand CNN do the same. The "media" is not the golden goose, journalist integrity is the golden goose. If Acosta wants to remain, he'll try and be an objective reporter.

15. vanityofvanitys

vanityofvanitys Well-Known Member

Thanks. You are probably familiar with Champion, Wisconsin then no doubt. That, too, is a great apparition of Mary to the needy.
    But I think you are correct, some are intent on only finding reasons not to believe. That is very foreign to me.

16. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

I would suggest that Trump is well acquainted with lies, given his astonishing aptitude with them.

17. vman12

vman12 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Did Obama allow nonsense questions in the press meetings? Hell, Hillary avoided all questions like the plague.

How often did Obama attack Fox again?

18. GreenBayMatters

Here's the Truth. Trump praised all the newsmen, even those he had differences with, for having the journalistic integrity to not print news that is unsubstantiated.Then he berated CNN for not having integrity and ignored their butt hurt reporter. Trump is asking reporters to meet an ethical standard.
    I don't expect someone from the EU with all its tabloid journalism to understand that.

19. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

What is foreign to me is that people choose to believe in something they can't see, touch, taste, feel and for which there is no evidence of it ever having existed other than in a 2000 year-old book written non-contemporaneously with alleged events, but decades later. Now you're telling me that's rational? If I see 'Jesus' on a piece of toast is that an 'apparition'? https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=j...UICCgB&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=aB7TFIskQoBzrM:

20. Steve N

Steve N Well-Known Member Past Donor

And people in the audience applauded when he said that.

21. AmericanNationalist

Every politician lies, so no arguments there. But I have no remorse for CNN, as their reputation has taken a nose dive here in the US. This media thing has nothing to do with Trump, for the last decade Americans have been pissed at the crappy quality. Trump is now the outlet for ALL of our frustrations, including Left frustrations with the media.

22. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Banned

His fanboys will applaud anything. He only has to fart and the cheers start.

23. Marcotic

In retrospect, I don't think Trump or Obama are cowards, rather they acted cowardly. I was being vitriolic there and apologize for it.

As I recall, I joined PF in 2014, largely to lurk and like. Just because you don't remember what I may have said here on this forum doesn't mean I've not had that opinion. Further, that was 3 years ago - that's one tenth of my time on earth. I may have different opinions then as I do now, and those opinions will likely change as I grow older and wiser. Its not a weakness.

24. Cdnpoli

Cdnpoli Banned

Canadian media will get together and gang up on whoever won't answer questions. I've seen it a lot of times. Sadly the yanks don't want to do this. They have the power over trump if they all acted as one.

25. vanityofvanitys

vanityofvanitys Well-Known Member

I cannot address you directly as I have other duties. But Chesterton said (not verbatum but its his message) - - - “when the world stops believing in God they then do not believe in nothing, they will believe in anything.” It is in reference to specific events or claims or presentations of empirical evidence where they are so easily dismissed or explained away in less than honorable or reasonable terms. Here are a couple of more what i would call miracles from above.

Beginning in 1973, the wooden statue of the Virgin Mary in a convent in Akita, Japan has wept human tears or human blood on 101 occasions before a host of eye witnesses including medical experts and even on Japanese TV. It is extremely well documented and testified to. The first nun to have both witnessed the lacrimations and also reported the voice of the Mother of God speaking to her was cured of what was then described as an incurable deafness. So what do the skeptics say? They say it was a trick by the nuns. Or they say everybody is lying. Or they say it was bacon grease and heat that caused the tears or some other cockamamie suggestion. So that is what Chesterton is referring to --- when a person who very much does not want to accept God exists is exposed to the evidence, they refuse to accept the evidence and provide the flimsiest of rebuttals that speak volumes. It speaks agenda, not a truthful opinion or a scientific one.

Again, in 1968 over 250,000 Egyptians claim to see the Virgin Mary walking and floating on top of a Coptic Christian cathedral in Zeitoun, a suburb of Egypt. This occurred on more than 20 nights that summer. The NY Times twice reported on this phenomenon in May and August of 1968. I have the articles. The apparitions of Mary always happened after midnight and were accompanied by 12 dove-like birds flying at dizzying speeds. Also present were inexplicable great lights and plumes of colorful smoke. Even those (and there were a number of them) who were not granted the privilege by God to see the Virgin did see the birds, smoke and lights. Egyptian officials and anyone else never could explain the origin of the lights or smoke or type of birds. So what do the skeptics say? Not much. Except mass hallucination and maybe I have to revisit Joe Nickell’s skeptic website to see what other lame “explanation” he proffers? But again, it is a case of “they then do not believe in nothing, they will believe in anything.”

That is what I meant by that quote, it was not meant to imply that there are not very sincere and learned men who cannot get themselves to accept the reality of God based on very honest research. I know they exist and I believe them when they say they may want to believe but cannot.