Time for Paul & Gingrich to STEP ASIDE.....

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Libhater, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

Isolationism is the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, foreign trade, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.

i·so·la·tion·ism ( s -l sh -n z m). n. A national policy of abstaining from political or economic relations with other countries.

Definition of ISOLATIONISM
    : a policy of national isolation by abstention from alliances and other international political and economic relations

So Ron Paul being a Free Trader and advocating for Trade with a Country such as Cuba as well as the rest of the World makes him an Isolationist? Time to open a book some time...

2. Big George

Big George Banned

Thank you for giving me an abbreviated form of what I already know about Isolationism.

Fortunately for me, I'm intelligent enough to see that Ron Paul is an Isolationist. It's not a matter of not knowing what Ron Paul is. It's a matter of being smart enough to know that his ideology will NOT work. Period.

3. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

Sorry he is a Free Trader... your "ISOLATIONIST!!" argument was just thrown out because it doesn't meet said definitions. I don't see Ron Paul calling for America to kill every Foreigner and to build walls preventing anyone from entering/leaving.

4. AbsoluteVoluntarist

AbsoluteVoluntarist New Member

We do business with them, but they do business with us. So doesn't that mean they should be paying for our business by providing security to us? When is it Switzerland's turn?

Show me what aspect of his policy suggests that he thinks the United States shouldn't defend itself.

5. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

I don't know if Gingrich should step aside or not. I lean toward not. What Paul does is irrelevant, since the campaign began, he has been 'stepping aside' and letting other candidates pass him and then drop out. He's so used to being the 'tail end charlie' he thinks its where he belongs. He's correct.

6. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

Soulless religious fundamentalists who have distorted the message of Christianity to such en enormous event, that the message they are promoting is the very antithesis of Christianity?

7. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

We're not talking about Obama. And your bigotry towards mormons and catholics is noted.

8. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

What are you smoking? Whatever it is its detrimental to your psychological health and well being.

9. CRIMSON MASK

CRIMSON MASK New Member

I'm sure he has. That's capitalism. Someone wins and someone loses. Misery is a part of the free market. It's not an "everybody wins" liberal dream.

Expecting Romney to conduct his private business as though he should have been looking out for his country 100% of the time is a distraction and illusion. He's done nothing illegal.

10. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

I will vote and it won't be for obama.

You cannot vote for Paul as he will not be available. So what do you do?

11. AbsoluteVoluntarist

Well, if you want vote for Obama even if the polls say he's sure to win, you are going to vote for a loser. Which means are choosing to take yourself out of the democratic process :rolleyes:

12. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

My bigotry is towards liars who claim to be Christian, but promote an agenda antithetical to Christianity!! I suppose right wingers are fine with that, because many are guilty of this same thing. Rick Santorum and Romney are filled with hate, and are sycophants for the very wealthy. The bible says "blessed are the poor" "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." and so on. Jesus similarly says to hate the sin, but to love the sinner. And to "Do not judge so that you will not be judged" Yet the agenda promoted by these supposed Christians, is antithetical to the main thrust of Jesus' ministry!! Yet enough people are duped into voting for these charlatans, because they somehow believe being a Christian is all about hating gays, bowing down to the rich, and bombing Muslims!! Strange really!!

13. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

My question was too reasonable and logical for you to figure out an answer?

Minds cemented closed DO have that problem.

I will vote for The Republican candidate. Polls are not elections. If obama loses, then I didn't vote for a loser. If obama wins, then I will have voted for the eventual winner. But it is the election, not the polls that count.

And before you cite that the same applies to Paul, Paul has LOST every presidential primary he's EVER run in and he has yet to even 'fog a mirror' in a poll.

I will have a candidate to vote for,,,,,you won't. So again I ask, What will you do?

14. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

He will stick to his principles. Principles you and I may disagree with, but they are his principles. You will instead make a false choice between the corporatist Democrat Obama and the Corporatist Republican Romney. It is 2 paths to the same end. Why should people be forced to make a choice between 2 paths, when they lead to the same place? Why can't people choose a different path, even if that path is not one most people are likely to go down?

15. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

I consider your opinion to be much less than worthless. I have serious doubts of your ability to grasp the concept of principles.

I'll await his answer if he has the balls to actually answer the question.

16. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

I take that to be an extreme compliment!! I now know I am doing something right!! Thank you sir for your kind words!! :wink:

17. AbsoluteVoluntarist

I'm not going to vote for a child-butchering despot. If you can convince me that your favored candidate would not be a child-butchering despot, maybe I'd consider it. But neither you nor any of the other Paul-o-phobes ever lift a finger to attempt to defend one of the other candidates. Your endless Paul-bashing is never balanced with any ghost of an attempt to present us with a viable alternative.

18. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Is TRUTHFULLY citing Paul's Congressional record,,BASHING?
    Is citing his miserable poll numbers,,,,BASHING?
    Is citing his presidential run drop outs,,,BASHING?
    Is pointing out that no one has been elected that has run as often as he ,,,,,,,ever,,,,,,,,BASHING?
    Is pointing out that no one as old as he is, has ever been elected,,,,,,,,,BASHING?
    Is saying that IF, by some miracle, Paul was the Nominee, I'd vote for him,,,,,,,,,,,BASHING?
    Is pointing out that ALL his support comes from a very narrow band of people that seldom vote,,,,,,BASHING?
    Is saying that I agree with much of Paul's stands, but do not condone his lack of ever making ANY of it happen,,,,,,BASHING?
    Is saying that someone YOUNG has to take up Paul's ideas and MAKE THEM HAPPEN,,,,,,BASHING?

Others do bash Paul. I point out that it is folly to think he has any chance at all,,,He DOES NOT.

The simple fact is that Paul has missed the presidential bus some years ago. And here are ardent supporters of a REPUBLICAN that say they will not vote for any other REPUBLICAN but Paul. Some even say they WILL vote for obama.

That is illogical nonsense that causes doubt to be cast on all Paul supporters. NO rational thinker could want to vote for Paul and then vote for obama because Paul wasn't available.

You won't have Paul to vote for.
    You KNOW how bad obama IS.
    You do NOT know that any Republican candidate would be as bad. You don't KNOW that. I don't think its possible for any of the Republicans to be as bad, but I don't expect you to share that. But you do know how bad obama IS and you don't know for certain that any of the Republican candidates would or could be as bad.

As adults we have to choose from the choices available, not from Utopian fantasy choices.

Who is the viable alternative to Paul if he is not available? ANYBODY but obama. Not just the Republican candidates, ANYBODY but obama.

Now if someone wants to accuse me of bashing obama, I scream guilty, proudly so!.

19. frodly

frodly Well-Known Member

We just had 8 years of proof that your statement is false!! Bush was at least as bad as Obama. He helped cause most of the problems we no face, Obama has simply failed to solve those problems. Who is worse the president that caused the problems, or the one who failed to fix the problems the previous one caused and created some new ones on top of that? I suppose it is debatable, but it certainly means it doesn't make sense to pretend Obama is significantly worse than a Republican would be.

However, either Obama NOR Bush are the sources of the problems this country faces. They are symptoms of that problem. The system is broken, and until it is fixed, who we elect as our president couldn't matter much less.

20. reckoning

reckoning New Member

Time for Mitt Flopper/ Newt & Santorum to STEP ASIDE...

The12thMan and (deleted member) like this.
  21. The12thMan

The12thMan Well-Known Member Past Donor

I agree. I see people trying so hard to justify their support for one of them by saying "_____ is the only one who can beat pbama!" No one can realistically show that any of these guys is the small govt, pro-constitution man we need.

Conservatism didn't lose in 2008. It wasn't on the ballot.

22. AbsoluteVoluntarist

And still not a syllable defending one of the other aspiring despots. One can only get the impression you can't think of one thing positive to say about them other than that they're not Obama.

I already addressed the "lesser of two evils" ploy in a previous post to you, but you didn't answer it: 'Obama is only worse than Bush because he's expanded all of Bush's policies. And I would suggest that Romney would be worse than Obama because (1) he would continue all of Obama's policies in every significant degree (2) once he does, all the "conservatives" would start defending those very policies because "our guy" is doing them, just as the liberals became okay with wiretapping, assassinations, and war the second their guy started doing them and (3) therefore all the policies you now think make Obama "the worst president in history" would come to be the "mainstream" view of both sides of the aisle and all the more entrenched.

Mark my words, if Romney's elected, he'll tweak Obamacare a little, declare the matter finished, and stop worrying about it. In another 8 years, if you still want to abolish Obamacare, you'll be a kook according to everyone on every side. And Santorum would be even worse than Romney; he's a truly totalitarian theocrat without a pro-liberty bone in his body.'

23. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

These are the primaries, you aren't going to vote for any one of them in a primary so why promote any one of them. I have a favorite, but if he is not the nominee, he's not, and I forget him. Once a Nominee emerges, that will be the time to examine all he has to offer over obama. Its called patience. And ALL answers disputing "anybody but obama" are WRONG. obama is the baseline, the worst president in history. The worst a Republican could do is equal obama. But there is every chance he'd be better, whomever he is. Bush was bad, obama is much, much worse. We are now at the bottom, everyone is an improvement over obama.

And all you do is avoid the question.. You will not have Paul to vote for, so what will you do? Not what will you NOT DO. What will you do that is POSITIVE for the USA? You support Paul because you believe that he is positive for the USA. How will you, also, be positive for the USA?

24. AbsoluteVoluntarist

Worse than Wilson? Worse than LBJ? I don't know about that. No, I'd rather have Obama than an Obama-like Republican to co-opt the Republican opposition. The problems are much more fundamental than you think they are.

25. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

No answer?,,, or is your answer, you ARE GOING to vote for obama? support Paul but vote for obama.

Paranoid Schizophrenia. Well beyond illogical.