I Like the IRS! Where did they do anything wrong ?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by protectionist, May 21, 2013.

1. protectionist

protectionist Banned

IMO, opposing gun control (except EBCs) is social welfare in a positive sense. Opposing environmental policies which help to keep the environment clean are anti-social welfare. I guess each policy has to be judged on its own merits as relates to social welfare, and it can be subjective. So I come in here and voice my subjectivity as well as anyone else, I guess.

Not only would they NOT disagree with me, but they COULD NOT disagree with me, because it is an element of simple logic. Like saying if Tampa is in Florida, and Florida is in the USA, then Tampa is in the USA. You CAN'T disagree.

2. dudeman

dudeman New Member

This is clearly Obama. He is the source of the corruption. No mid-level IRS employee making $100 k per year would throw their career away over politics. Abstaining from a decision is far more egregious of a crime than simply denying the status. Imbecilic zombies look at denials. Anyone who has ACTUALLY WORKED FOR A LIVING can see the posers and incompetents based upon their inability to "decide".

3. protectionist

protectionist Banned

1. In general, I tend to agree, however as a political Independent with leanings to both left and right (depending on the issues) I do see where the Tea Party could come up with some valid social welfare connections like for instance :

1. Supporting American workers by opposing immigration.

2. Supporting the US Constitution and America in general by opposing Islamization.

3. Supporting equality by opposing racial discrimination in affirmative action.

4. Supporting gun rights for law-abiding Americans.

4. Zosiasmom

Zosiasmom New Member Past Donor

Targeting specific political or religious groups to a primary exclusion is a violation of the first amendment because it makes people less apt to exercise that right.

Everyone knows this.

5. protectionist

protectionist Banned

What do you mean by "primary exclusion" ?

6. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

Conservatives just make up their own phrases to push their failed ideology.

7. akphidelt2007

I honestly would not give the slightest care. I don't play party politics. I think it's a joke what both sides of the aisle consider "issues". Political groups tax exemptions requests regardless of what party is probably the most insignificant issue I can think about.

It is merely about a list. There is no evidence that points to anything other than them making a list to shorten up their work load.

It doesn't, the Tea Party can exist, but this has nothing to do with the Tea Party's ideology. It's simply a tax issue. You are trying to make it a bigger issue than it really is. Like there is some country wide attack against the Tea Party, lol. The Tea Party can and does whatever they want. If they want tax exemptions than they are going to have to prove they aren't a political group. Doesn't mean they can't keep promoting their smaller government.

No they didn't. You can't say the word "illegal" when not a single court has deemed it illegal. This is just conjecture. Like most of your theories, it usually ends up as nothing.

Of course it can... that's why majority of the groups that went under review did not contain the words Tea Party or Patriot. 2/3rds of those that went to review did not contain the words on the list. It's such a non-issue that it's hilarious how far you guys are willing to take this.

8. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Really?

"If two or more persons conspire to oppress any inhabitant of any State, Territory, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States." They have committed a crime. I think there's going to be a good number of Federal employees that will be new residents of the grey bar motel.

9. akphidelt2007

Lmao! Ok armchair lawyer. I promise you not a single person will be indicted on any illegal criminal charges over this IRS issue. It's a non-issue.

10. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

LOLOLOL! Keep believing that! You simply underestimate the average persons dislike of the IRS.

11. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

Let's see...

One IRS official FIRED
    One taking the 5th and then put on "administrative leave"
    One already caught lying and will surely be nailed for it

NOTHING WRONG AT THE IRS!!! NOTHING AT ALL.

12. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Not interested in truth? Who knew!

13. Never Left

Never Left Banned

MaO'Bama was lying his ass off. How stupid does he think we are? Well, half of us are extremely stupid to vote for his unprincipled ass again.

14. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Link to credible source to support claim, please. I only accept a few dubious statements from a poster before simply assuming everything they are posting is either a bogus claim or silly dodge. You are well past that point with your tap dancing and other nonsense.

15. goober

goober New Member

I guess that explains your opinions, you are completely ignorant of the facts.
    501 (c) (4) is a part of the law that the IRS administers, the law grants that status to social welfare organizations, which are not required to disclose their donors, this is different from political action committees, which are required to disclose donors.
    This law has been abused, by Conservatives especially, and while this was inappropriate, there is abuse and these organizations that do spend more on politics than social welfare, should be forced to disclose their donors.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/174458/five-501c4-groups-might-have-broken-law

16. Goodoledays

Goodoledays New Member

:omg:He used the words 'Free...no cost to you' too many times. He really got to them. Thats what getting BRAINWASHED' will do. And the ones that do come out of it...will still be in shock.

17. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Brainwashed. Good word that describes MaO'Bama voters very well.

18. akphidelt2007

No, I completely overestimate your irrational hatred for anything Government because you guys continue to surprise me with how crazy you'll get.

No one is going to jail, no crimes were committed. This is a non-issue. Sorry about your badass luck.

19. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

This is all you need to know about how the law is supposed to work; The rest of it is just manufactured scandal trying to drag people through the mud for the sole purpose of trying to make the administration look bad. And again, I have posted this before; http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45755883/ns/msnbc-the_last_word/vp/51973198#51973198

20. akphidelt2007

There's no doubt there are possibilities of real social welfare groups. The scariest part is all the Tea Party groups that were approved but display blatant signs of being a political group by supporting Republican candidates, holding political rallies, etc. The IRS did not deny a single Tea Party groups request.

21. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

And Karl Rove himself doesn't deny the political part. And that does not conform to the law.

22. protectionist

protectionist Banned

That will be the day when Mitch McConnell speaks the truth. Ever hear him talk about taxes and job growth and GDP ? :giggle:

23. Never Left

Never Left Banned

You do not know what you are talking about.

24. protectionist

protectionist Banned

Wanna go one on one with me, on job growth and GDP growth ? You'll find out pretty fast how much I know what I'm talking about.

25. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Give it a try.